What do you use?!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking of grabbing one or two of these for displaying the Avenger and LOTR PF's. What do you think ?

0088946_PE220608_S4.JPG

I think so. RUns around $70.

I think it's too low. Are you planning on setting it on top of something else or do you like looking down at your PFs?

You could build a pedestal cheaper than this costs....and to the dimensions you like.

Besta cases ($80-160)with Inreda glass shelves ($10) and dioder lights. The one on the left is like a double wide deal. On the right are two single ones. I need the flexibility of the single ones because I am not a homeowner and might not always have that kind of space. I also prefer the mid height ones and not the tallest, because some stuff just won't fit inside.

I have glass doors for them, but IKEA doesnt offer a matching color with clear glass. Only metal :( and white. So I took the white doors, they are full size and work better than metal anyway. I plan to paint them dark wood to match, and thinking of stenciling in some elvish runes while I at it.

all.jpg

I think it's too low. Are you planning on setting it on top of something else or do you like looking down at your PFs?

You could build a pedestal cheaper than this costs....and to the dimensions you like.

I guess you are right, though I suck at building and have zero tools. LOL.

I could use some ideas on hanging cabinets for my 1/6 figures. I am currently setting up my garage to display all of my toys and action figures. The complete space is 20X20 with a concrete wall covering only half the wall. The rest of the wall, about 3'11, is dry wall. I would like to put enclosed shelves with a glass front only on the dry wall area. Are besta's good for hanging on a wall? Any other ideas?

Well I'll chip in my 2 cents but take it for what it is....I live in Meridian, Idaho so there are no Ikea's here.

I REALLY liked the Detolf's when I was looking and looked EVERYWHERE for them. The guy that mentioned shipping to be $300 on one of them wasn't kidding! I found a guy that was selling them on Ebay and used some tax return funds to purchase them.

I'm a little ashamed :lol for what I paid for them but for me there just wasn't anything else that I wanted. My options pretty much came down to spend some serious cash (when you consider what they cost in an Ikea store) on 2 of them on Ebay...for the ones I REALLY want and like. Or spend even more than that for a curio cabinet which was very nice but sold at a furniture store and was somewhere around $50 - $100 more than I would have spent on the Detolf's.

All that said, I love my Detolf's and they display 1/6 figures beautifully. Some of the smaller statues will work as well and they look fantastic as well.

I am on the hunt now for something to put in another corner of my game room that will be mid section height and be able to hold some PF's. I would like to clear them away from the sporadic placement they are in currently.

For my vinyl I use Ikea Expedit
My Buff Stuff ( BTVS Related) I asked the shop for the promotional display case that was used in the buy one get one free Buffy VHS promotion back in 2000 and something. It stands 6ft tall is shelved and I just did few customisations to it, it is perfect, ready themed and was free!!

Other collectibles that are not stored in containers are on shelving that is floor to ceiling in my library room

detolf is the way i went as well... picked up 25 (!!!) of them for the new house...

Hate to be the voice of dissention but I think you wasted your money on these.

You could have went custom with the money you spent on these

Back