What Dinosauria pieces do you want Sideshow to make?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Speaking of Krentz, were you getting all four of his 1:44 pieces? I'm worried that I'll buy a few, then he'll suddenly have something new.

They should get Angie to do something for Sideshow. Even an imitation of her paint would be killer.

If they did, I can bet you it'd be Hadrosaur related. ;) That would be my hope, at least. I think she could start her own line of larger resin kits. Larger than the Shapeway stuff. She's also mentioned wanting to do Stegosaurs aswell, so that could be very interesting.

Do you know the Allosaurus from Krentz in 1:72? Small but very nice, for me one of the best Allosaurus models available.

This dino as a sideshow maquette in 1:15 would be great. :yess:

Definitely. I'd love to see that in a bigger scale. I'm sure Chris wouldn't mind it either. :lol

Heck no I wouldn't mind it ! ;D

I'm up for ANYTHING Allosaur related.. ;)

I hope to get Shane's new Allosaurus..maybe get it painted up by Steve..hehe

Galileo is also tempting me with a 1/15 Giga and Suchomimus..two piece I hoped would make it into Dinosauria eventually.

I'd love to have a big hadrosaur piece by Angie..that Olorotitan would be excellent..or maybe a Lambeosaurus ?

I was figuring it up..we orig got 1 Dio and 3 maquettes the first year Dinosauria..the next year we received 3 Dios and 1 maquette. This year so far we have 2 maquettes..( not quite sure what the Stego will be yet..but maquette does make sense. ) So our final piece this year should be a new VS Diorama.

I don't think we will get 4 pieces this year unless they show us the full Stego piece and a new dino in the next 2 months(highly unlikely at this point).
Which is sort of OK with me as the new house is half way done and is eating most of my money.(Man/dino/predator cave will soon be here:yess:)
The dino i want the most would have to be a Utah Raptor Maquette:pray:

I don't think we will get 4 pieces this year unless they show us the full Stego piece and a new dino in the next 2 months(highly unlikely at this point).
Which is sort of OK with me as the new house is half way done and is eating most of my money.(Man/dino/predator cave will soon be here:yess:)
The dino i want the most would have to be a Utah Raptor Maquette:pray:

We're still on schedule though..the Tupu's release date was the only delay. We've had 4 pieces in the past after all..one each quarter.

If the Stego gets up in the next month ( the same month the Apato is going to release ) it can still make 3rd Quarter. That leaves 4th Quarter open and the reveal for piece 4 will prob be July and it will release Oct-Dec. So a fourth piece is still quite likely...we've just not been getting teasers and new info so much anymore.

I've been expecting a big Raptor maquette of some type eventually..given their popularity I'm surprised we haven't seen one yet.

Speaking of Krentz, were you getting all four of his 1:44 pieces? I'm worried that I'll buy a few, then he'll suddenly have something new.

I had read in a David Krentz Prehistoric Times ad, that a 1/18 triceratops was in the works & was due to release soon? Has there been any updates regarding this kit release? The mag ad dates back to at least a year or so, so what is the story? The Tri would have been the perfect addition to the Rex Mundi masterpiece, noe where the hell is it?:dunno:impatient::slap:gah:

Yeah, I wouldn't expect to hear about that Triceratops from David any time soon. He's trying to use other companies to produce his kits these days, and I don't know if any of them would produce a Triceratops that size.

Yeah, I wouldn't expect to hear about that Triceratops from David any time soon. He's trying to use other companies to produce his kits these days, and I don't know if any of them would produce a Triceratops that size.

Maybe true, but still very strange, as the sculpt was well on it's way to completion.:dunno Why go through all the work, make the announcement, & then scuttle the project????!!!!!!!:dunno:slap:gah::gah::gah:

Artists do it all the time..I have several half done projects laying around and I've others with ROOMS full of them.. ;) lol

David could get a company to produce it..but he seems more focused on the minis right now. You can check out his site and send him an email though..maybe you'll get a reply.. :/

So many dinos so little releases... The one dino I would LOVE to own would be an Allosaurus. Not depicted in a scene like was already released but own his own in his glory ala Spinosaurus. For some reason I am obsessed with this dinosaur and would love to add a sideshow quality pice to my collection. Another Id like to see would be Liopleurodon. Im of the opinion that all these dinos should be shown on thier own rather than in the scenes some of them are in, I feel all the scenes are the weakest of the sculpts.

I don't know...I love the VS pieces myself..more action in them and more story elements. ;)

I have to agree..I would also LOVE an Allosaurus Maquette as I am quite partial to the beast myself. ;D

A marine reptile has been heavily requested..I personally would like Tylosaurus...but if it ended up being a plesiosaur or pliosaur I would also be good with them. A VS piece could have both .... ;)

I would love a marine reptile. I prefer a pleasiosaur, but a tylosaur would be just as cool. A vs piece with both is a great idea.

I would like to see the sea bed as the base and maybe have some seaweed as a support to suspend it in the "water".

So many dinos so little releases... The one dino I would LOVE to own would be an Allosaurus. Not depicted in a scene like was already released but own his own in his glory ala Spinosaurus. For some reason I am obsessed with this dinosaur and would love to add a sideshow quality pice to my collection. Another Id like to see would be Liopleurodon. Im of the opinion that all these dinos should be shown on thier own rather than in the scenes some of them are in, I feel all the scenes are the weakest of the sculpts.

You are right, an allosaurus would be great maquette, maybe a little bit like the male allosaurus from the allo vs. camara dio.
Also a hunting giganotosaurus would be very interesting.
Liopleurodon would be my favorite reptile, because of it´s huge jaws and very interesting anatomy. Looking like the liopleurodon at the BBC series, but please no diorama, maybe with a little ophthalmosaurus as a prey nearby.

A Giga is high on my " WANT " list too...it really needs to be done to round out the big boys..Rex, Spino, and Giga .

Liop, Kronosaursus, or a similar Pliosaur could be good. I'd really love to have one surfacing from the water..maybe trying to snag a pterosaur ?

Back