What 1/6 custom do you want?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which 1/6th figure would you most want first?

• Merry and Pippin

Votes: 17 54.8%
  • Saruman

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Lurtz

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Eowyn

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Theoden

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Arwen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Witchking

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters

Wor-Gar

Torturer of OCD
CF Supporter
Reaction score
OK, since we have a Custom Thread and a lot of discussion about who and how to make them, it seems that many of the customs require a custom headsculpt.

So who would you like to see made FIRST?

This isn't a commission thread -- this is just to see how many people want what...the rest will follow.

I will point out that many of the bodies for the above are available to some extent:

Shawn/Sovereign has made a very solid Lurtz body and head.

DiD Gandalf would be a good place to start for Saruman's clothing.

With some reworking and dying, the Hobbits could double for Merry and Pippin.

The ToyBiz Ringwraith could be a body for the new sculpt of the Witchking helmet.

The others are more complicated, but I figured I'd include them.

I'm sure there are others people want (I want a Gothmog) so just chime in if the one you want isn't up there.

Last edited:
Voted for the boys. I want some Rohirrim but have some in the works.
I want this:
eowyn2.jpg
[/IMG]
That's a toybiz repaint.
Eowyn_Shield3.jpg
[/IMG]

Voted for the boys. I want some Rohirrim but have some in the works.
I want this:
eowyn2.jpg
[/IMG]
That's a toybiz repaint.
Eowyn_Shield3.jpg
[/IMG]

Possible?
sideshowwetatheodenbust21.jpg
[/IMG]
Sim4942.jpg
[/IMG]
Not and exact match but would work for me.

The Eowyn headsculpt can actually be turned into a breathtaking likeness, and seen above. The hair is actually not distracting either. If we can find somebody that can do women's repaints with that kind of soft attention, it wouldn't be hard at all to get some great Eowyn, which would mean a female character - yay!

Well, this was for a sculpt which we don not have available...

For GIMLI there's the ToyBiz figure and the DiD figure available, both with solid sculpts.

ah, good point. i'd have to choose the witchking then. i absolutely loved those dudes. it's the only thing i remembered from the book as a kid too.

Having produced an acceptable Gimli from my DiD version and a Toybiz head, I now only need Merry and Pippin. I would be prepared to pay up to $200 each for sculpts and paintjobs of the quality of Frodo and Sam.
What about the rest of you guys?

So $400 for the set... hell no!

I want Merry and Pippin, but $400 for 2 painted heads is more than I want them :lol Honestly I wouldn't want to spend more than $100 total per figure and that means I would probably be sol on a custom.

I would pay more for a character like Sauruman though...

Last edited:
Why are we making up prices like that?
Sheesh...

I voted Witchking.
We need some badies in this line pronto!
And Saruman isn't as striking in looks as the Witch King of Angmar.

Seems like $100 each for a Merry and a Pippin should be plenty - I think
Les made a fantastic Nicholson Joker head for around that much.

I see it as each will cost about 250 to have scultped costing 10 of us 25-35 per sculpt which is normal.

if i had the money i'd be up for all of the ones listed

while i love a lot of the villians and secondary (meaning non-fellowship) heroes and heroines I'd have to say merry and pippin first to help complete the felllowship

the problem with doing them all as customs is cost and also finding the stuff if you can't make it yourself.

if the head scuplt runs 25-35 it will still be an expensive figure once you add in body, clothing and painting plus if they are all coming from different places the shipping would add up too.

Last edited:
Seems like $100 each for a Merry and a Pippin should be plenty - I think
Les made a fantastic Nicholson Joker head for around that much.

Problem is once you add-up the cost of a head, hobbit body (probably have to buy and entire figure to get) and clothes/accessories it gets out of hand pretty fast.

I'm making a T1 Terminator figure and even with a few good deals am at arouind $200 total investment.

Actually, my point is that I want to see if anyone is serious about and capable of producing an acceptable Merry and Pippin head sculpt.
I would be prepared to pay what others would consider a silly amount of money, if someone with the appropriate skill level would put their head above the parapet and commit to such an endeavour.
If others were prepared to support the line then obviously it would become more economical as the numbers increased.
I have a brilliant Daniel Craig Bond, from an Andy Bergholz sculpt which uses a Lazenby body + tux plus my own amateur paint job which is not as good as the sculpt but makes for a more than acceptable figure.
I am much keener to complete my Fellowship than I ever was about Bond hence the ludicrous amount of money I am prepared to pay to see adequate realisations of the missing hobbits.
Bodies and clothing is not an issue.

So if anyone out there is willing............:cool:

Back