WGP's Classic Star Trek: Sex-You-up Kirk pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's Classic Star Trek (being cast now)

I love your feedback, gang. And I love the thoughtful, considerate conversation. We will reprint the Kirk and Sulu heads then. We will make the alterations to Kirk and Sulu as well.

Now we need to discuss how large up you want us to make them. If we goosed them up just that 5-7% to make them Rhodey scale and hit that, Rand and Scotty wouldn't need to be reprinted then.

If you guys want larger than that, well then they will all need to be reprinted. For you gents who bought them already, we wouldn't be looking to make more money off of you so would charge a very low rate on the characters you already bought just to get this realized. Maybe just $15 a head plus shipping?

I need to go and add the newest head wants on the list. I will try and get to that today.

By votes Nurse Chappel is the next new classic Trek character we would be making. As Rand is being made, Chappels outfit is also being patterned. :)

Just for WGP future planning, and because I have no preference, what
hairstyle were you guys wanting for her? Was there a majority or do we want her bald for a wig?

If you make the heads larger, please include me in the list as well. Regarding Chapel, I am not sure, would it be possible to do the hair like Rand?

Regarding Chapel, I am not sure, would it be possible to do the hair like Rand?

Here are SOME styles I happened to already have saved as reference. Feel free to add other hair preferences here!

OBSESSION
obsessionhd0232.jpg

UNKNOWN EPISODE
MajelBarrettRoddenberryNurseChapelDrMcCoy.jpg

AMOK TIME
amoktime0185.jpg

THE NAKED TIME (BWA-HA-HA!)
thenakedtime148.jpg

OPERATION ANNIHILATE
Operation_Annihilate_157.jpg

Last edited:

If you make the heads larger, please include me in the list as well. Regarding Chapel, I am not sure, would it be possible to do the hair like Rand?

I was referring to hair sculpted and not wig

I was referring to hair sculpted and not wig

She would benefit more from sculpted hair regardless, honestly. I still want to know if you guys have any preferences since they are all goofy looking in my opinion. I like pic #2 where she is waving's hair best. :)

I for one would love another Kirk head upscaled! Thank you so much!

Cool. As I mentioned, let me know by how much. To more closely match the Rhodey heads size or by a lot more?

Good news on the reprinting. I'll take Kirk and Sulu tweaked and upscaled. I don't have them in hand so I cannot speak to Scotty or Rand as far as size. If one or both of those also need to be redone I'll take them as well.

I was really hoping for Uhura for the next character but oh well. I'll take Chapel. As for hair I'd think sculpted given the complexity but if the more intricate style can be done whatever works best. I'd prefer the more classic updo from Amok Time, but I'd even go for the side swoop from the Naked Time because it's so 60s.

I'd be down for an upscaled BA Kirk head.

I've updated the lists on the front page and added Spock, McCoy.

I agree and thats what we are going to do.

Hi Ray,
Thank you for your thoughts and question. The Trek heads are sized up for Hot Toys size and were sized up against our HT Rhodey (Iron Man) head for final size verification once we got them printed. I would really like people to speak up if they are concerned about their Kirk size because he's the main character and I really haven't heard too much negative back.

Of all the Trek heads, Kirk was just slightly smaller than the target size compared to the others but when I proposed reprinting our caster Lonnie Hale wrote me twice to say it was still good/usable because he was so passionate about it, and said not to worry, and it seems he was right because I haven't really heard too much feedback on that one way or another.

For people that have multiple characters like Kirk, Scotty or Sulu, let me know what you think about his size compared to them, because they are pretty bang-on.

For people those that have just the Kirk alone, also let me know what you think so we can see if we need to do anything like reprint on our end. Everything needs to be perfect, but naturally Kirk even more-so. Also weigh-in if you are interested in no neck versions of Kirk as well since I understand the need for those, I just need to see interest (and would only need about 6 people interested). :)

trekqc020-1.jpg

(SCOTTY WITH MODDED THINNER NECK)
newscottyneck.jpg

I'm still new to this...What are these Rhodey heads you're referring to?

The HT head above they were all target to be the same as. :)

First, I want to thank you guys for being so receptive to feedback - Star Trek really is my first love, so for me this project is just about the most exciting thing that's happened in this hobby in years!

Great news on the tweaks to Kirk and Sulu, I think that these changes will make them THE definitive representations of the characters in 1/6 scale - finally! :yess:

As for size - I really think the heads should be nudged up a bit. As I said, even next to some HT heads, they long ever-so-small and HT heads run small anyway. Just to double check, I put Scotty on a TT body, and yep, head looks a little small. James Doohan had a pretty solid build, as did Kirk, so it makes a difference. I'd say ratchet up the scale so they are maybe just a hair bigger than the average HT, but no where near as big as SSC, which can look really bobble-head sometimes. Does that sound right to other folks? I'm on the fence about Rand...being female, she might get away with the slightly smaller scale, since her body has a smaller frame than the fellas - it's hard to say without one of those bodies that we're planning on using right in front of me. If anyone has a Rand head and one of those bodies, I'd say pop the head on and see how it looks - seems like the best way to judge?

As for Chapel - hooray!!! No wig, sculpted hair is the way to go. Of those pics, I'd say either the one where's she's waving or the "Amok Time" upswept 'do - please, NOT the one from "The Naked Time", the one that hangs to the side, has several different colors, looks like a dead beagle on her head...that def falls into the category of "What the ***k were they thinking???" :lol

You guys are awesome!

Last edited:

Oh, just thought of one other thing:

Since you're doing Chapel and toying with the idea of Vina (and maybe Captain Pike???), you can get a little more tread out of the Chapel sculpt by using a different hairstyle with the same face and making 'Number One' - always loved that character, even if her name has remained a mystery (no the comics don't count, lol!)

As for size - I really think the heads should be nudged up a bit. As I said, even next to some HT heads, they long ever-so-small and HT heads run small anyway. Just to double check, I put Scotty on a TT body, and yep, head looks a little small. James Doohan had a pretty solid build, as did Kirk, so it makes a difference. I'd say ratchet up the scale so they are maybe just a hair bigger than the average HT, but no where near as big as SSC, which can look really bobble-head sometimes. Does that sound right to other folks?

Thats some great feedback. Sounds like a plan. So now a serious question. My HT collection is mostly Predators. I don't own multiple HT humans. What do you all consider to be the "average HT" head size? Is Rhodey considered average? I would hope so but don't want to assume because even among the same companies we all know heads aren't always consistent.

...You can get a little more tread out of the Chapel sculpt by using a different hairstyle with the same face and making 'Number One' - always loved that character,!)

Thats absolutely true. Since Baretts likeness is being made as Chappel we could get a variant made easier with less people interested in her at the same time. :)

I was really hoping for Uhura for the next character but oh well. I'll take Chapel.

I was born in raised in Chicago but tell you I did not rig these polls! (laugh). :)

Here’s a shots on a body with uniform and one size comparison for Scotty.

scottyfullbody01.jpg

scottyheadcom01.jpg

Here’s a shots on a body with uniform and one size comparison for Scotty.

scottyfullbody01.jpg

scottyheadcom01.jpg

Spenser, that's great, illustrates the point perfectly! See how Scotty's head looks too small on that body, particularly with regard to the size of the hands. I remember years ago my art teacher said, proportionately, a face is roughly the size of a hand. Scale up the Trek boys to around the size of the other head Spenser is holding and we should have a winner!

Absolutely agree on the Scotty. Head is a little too small. So if that's re-run put me in for another as well. Anyone have thoughts on Rand? I don't want to pile on if it's not necessary. That said, you can really see the potential of this line once the scale is worked out.

edit: Uniform is looking very nice Spenser. I wonder if it would have been possible to use a thinner fabric? I like the tailoring, and it's worlds better than the Playmates kind of thing, but it looks a a little heavy to me.

Last edited:
Back