WGP's Classic Star Trek: Sex-You-up Kirk pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's Classic Star Trek (Yeoman Rand finished)

I don't know if this is true of all the Triad figures, but I bought an Eva-lution female body and it was total crap. The plastic used was shockingly cheap and the legs just fell off at the hip with no real solution for the problem. It's a shame, because the design of the figure is good, but the QC is beyond abysmal - the joints might as well be made of play doh. :pfft:

The Alpha is much more solid than the Eva. In fact, Triad has been using that body with their current figures due to the frailness of the Eva. :lecture

Just one comment on the tricorder - remember the sides aren't straight rectangles! They taper a bit smaller at the bottom and out a bit at the sides.

The Alpha is much more solid than the Eva. In fact, Triad has been using that body with their current figures due to the frailness of the Eva. :lecture

Oh, that's good to hear! Based on the bad experience with the Eva, I might not have given Triad another shot, but I might try it for the Uhura, since the choices for African American female bodies seem kinda limited at the moment...

Thanks 16k!

Khonsu70- Gotcha down for the chair.

We will be making the heads and boots for the HT body. :)

Does that mean they will have pegs for the HT legs? I don't use HT bods, so I guess I'm out on those if so.

Finished Rand looks GREAT!! I was wondering though....is there any way to make the longer hair on characters like her out of a softer material so that head movement isn't so compromised?

Alternate Spock expressions? Just the suggestion alone demands a Mirror,Mirror look.

I know you've said that if there's 16 interested then you'll do it, but... just how deep into Trek will you be willing to go? Klingons, Andorians, Romulans, Mudd, Jones, Decker, Mitchell, ....
There are so many TOS I, for one, would love to see before refitting for a new Enterprise crew.

Anyway, off to sit back and wait for my BSG and Trek heads to arrive.

Thanks WGP!!! :clap

I really hope you are going to make some costumes?

Does that mean they will have pegs for the HT legs? I don't use HT bods, so I guess I'm out on those if so.

Gruff Old Bear pointed out if our boots were made accurately, where they were sculpted zipped shut and as tight as they should be, plus with the narrow feet, they might not fit nor slide over a regular figures foot/leg so that the Hot Toys peg-foot option seemed like the safest/most aesthetically pleasing choice.

Finished Rand looks GREAT!! I was wondering though....is there any way to make the longer hair on characters like her out of a softer material so that head movement isn't so compromised?

That's something we'll need to look into as a whole, fortunately not too many Trek heads will have that problem.

Alternate Spock expressions? Just the suggestion alone demands a Mirror,Mirror look.

It does seem like a popular choice, but what I had brought up was how many people would want that head still if we weren't offering his specific costume?

I know you've said that if there's 16 interested then you'll do it, but... just how deep into Trek will you be willing to go? Klingons, Andorians, Romulans, Mudd, Jones, Decker, Mitchell... there are so many TOS I, for one, would love to see before refitting for a new Enterprise crew.

As deep as the forum wants, amigo. Even if we move to another crew after the classic one is finished doesn't mean our work with classic Trek will be over. Personally, what fun is just the crew if they don't have someone to fight? :)

If we do the Andorians, we will make unique ones. We'll make the costumes, weapons and maybe make two different original male heads and a female one as well (that people can also use for a crewmamber if they want), provided enough people are interested.

As more Trek fans learn about what we are doing, more people will be there to vote for the more isoteric characters (in both Trek and Galactica). :hi5:

I really hope you are going to make some costumes?

A few pages back forum members listed three different places 1:6 Classic Crew uniforms were available at right now. We wouldn't be opposed to doing them but making really nice costumes takes time and then it would be a pie divided four different ways so we would really only consider it if more people were so unhappy with the others that they asked us too.

-Rick :)

Tricorder update (with opening center panel)!

FINISHEDtricorder.jpg

I'd be down for your team doing accurate uniforms. And the tricorder is looking nice!

Looking great! Will the top flip up too?! Also the pattern on the circle to the left of the disks is wrong...it's not a speaker grid, it's a moire like the communicator center. It should really just be smooth and painted on :)

Also, I'd love a LLAP Spock hand! I haven't picked up Rand yet - waiting on a funds transfer to complete - is there a deadline?

Looking great! Will the top flip up too?! Also the pattern on the circle to the left of the disks is wrong...it's not a speaker grid, it's a moire like the communicator center. It should really just be smooth and painted on :)

Also, I'd love a LLAP Spock hand! I haven't picked up Rand yet - waiting on a funds transfer to complete - is there a deadline?

Thanks for all of the helprful crits on the tri-corder! We have to look to see how the top flips to make sure we are doign it right, so we hope to.
There is no hurry on payments. We just like to know how many are interested per character for the list.

As far as the Spock hands, thanks for letting us know. I'll put them on the interested list. I really have no idea who's made what as far as Spock hands are concerned, but everyone yell out what type you'd want and we'll be sure to make them with our Spock heads if they have enough interest. :)

My feeling on uniforms:

Nanjin is the only one so far who has really nailed them, (and that includes any official, licensed product as well) and those uniforms are no longer available. Nanjin has stated there will be some uniform variants down the road and obviously there has been some recent work with TWOK project, but I'd say the coast is clear for WGP to do the basic uniforms (and maybe the casual, wrap-around tunic for smiling Kirk?). Those head sculpt models for Kirk and Rand are so beautiful, they deserve nothing less than screen accurate costumes (which is what really set the ones made by Nanjin's project apart, the tunic, pants and boots didn't just get the flavor of the uniforms, they nailed the look perfectly). Other thoughts?

Agreed on Uniforms. The only thing I didn't like about Nanjin's was the boots. They were extremely fragile - two of mine broke moving them to different bodies. Call me old school, but I like sculpted boots :). However, the tunics and pants were A++. The trick was that I think he based his off the original plans, which are still available at Roddenberry.com. He also spent a lot of time getting the right fabric, I remember him telling me how he went all over the place getting the best stuff he could find. It would be a monumental task to do better, but since his stuff is so rare, anything you guys can do would be appreciated :).

We've been getting requests for Kirks' Phaser rifle over on OSW. As always, we'll start an interest list to see if enough people are interested. We have two people signed up from there so far. :clap

As an aside, we have lists in the first thread for things like different Spock hands, so if you didn't know about that, check the lists out!
-Rick :)

Aw, yeah. Gotta have a phaser rifle.

Back