WGP's Classic Star Trek: Sex-You-up Kirk pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WGP's Classic Star Trek (being cast now)

Way to keep it classy, Ironman.

Now let's get this thread back on track, please. I know Hot Toys bodies were suggested for these heads but since those are getting harder to come by, are there any alternatives anyone can recommend?

Yes, as said earlier by someone, there are HT "knock off" bodies on ebay, but as was my original point, the neck doesn't fit them (at least the two I have) properly either. But the body itself is pretty good.
BTW, I already edited myself. Just over reacted to the needless double team.

:moon

:moon

Khonsu70, posted something I was answering.
Why don't you two go suck each other off.
I didn't realize that you two were in charge of the "praise WGP only" section of this thread.
A better product is better for everyone, buyer and seller.

Sean, that is correct. That castings are nice, clean and smooth.
I hope you understand my only point was making the necks accept more varieties of bodies, with out specialized accomodations, was more beneficial to everyone.
ie:WGP doesn't exclude selling to folks who may not want to use an HT body and customizers that have other bodies to use will be more likely to buy something that will readily fit what they have.
Being as the other two neanderthals don't seem to get that I just wanted to try and state it clearly [read s-l-o-w-l-y there boys].
Not everyone is good at dremeling. Since my heart attack my hands shake too much to trust dremeling without screwing it up.

lol, wow, what are you a fourth grader? Grow the heck up man. You can whine like a little girl all you want but they were clear about how the necks would come. Your choices were to not order, or to find someone who can dremel.

And for the record I am not a WGP fanboy. Kirk was my first order from them, and when they hit a snag they graciously refunded me without any hassle. That has been my only experience with them. I'm kind of sad I passed. That being said, I keep coming to this thread to see Kirk bashes, not to see grown azz men crying like babies because people won't bow to their every demand. You made your request, they acknowledged it. Repeating yourself over and over just makes you look immature. A sentiment you solidified with your other comments.

I do sympathise with you man, I really do, and despite raising some excellent points we will not be remolding the heads with a larger hole for the reason that they will be too loose on the bodies which were originally chosen for it - and it is easier to take material away than add it (because I don't think adding a bit of clay is a viable solution ) I always think it is better to have too much than too little.

As we mentioned though, we CAN avoid this issues in the future as long as you contact us before the head is sent out with what specifications you will need for your individual purposes :)

Sorry again dude - and thanks for the feedback :)

Way to keep it classy, Ironman.

Now let's get this thread back on track, please. I know Hot Toys bodies were suggested for these heads but since those are getting harder to come by, are there any alternatives anyone can recommend?

I have gotten the newer version of the Hot Toys knock offs from ebay and they worked great for the two bashes I did. That being said, if I got a Kirk, I would probably consider dremmeling the neck off and put it on a HT muscle body. At least thats my thoughts for now.

lol, wow, what are you a fourth grader? Grow the heck up man. You can whine like a little girl all you want but they were clear about how the necks would come. Your choices were to not order, or to find someone who can dremel.

And for the record I am not a WGP fanboy. Kirk was my first order from them, and when they hit a snag they graciously refunded me without any hassle. That has been my only experience with them. I'm kind of sad I passed. That being said, I keep coming to this thread to see Kirk bashes, not to see grown azz men crying like babies because people won't bow to their every demand. You made your request, they acknowledged it. Repeating yourself over and over just makes you look immature. A sentiment you solidified with your other comments.
As I said, I had over reacted and already edited myself. Thanks for leaving that part out.
Also as I said, I preordered these at the start and at that time there was NO word of these being just for HT bodies. As these were already PAID FOR (thus excluding your "not order" idea) and that no mention of HT was made I didn't see a need to "find someone who can dremel".
The only sentiment I have is that you and JMW should mind your own business.
Sorry for thinking that for $55 and a year + of waiting I should actually be able to use the heads.
I do sympathise with you man, I really do, and despite raising some excellent points we will not be remolding the heads with a larger hole for the reason that they will be too loose on the bodies which were originally chosen for it - and it is easier to take material away than add it (because I don't think adding a bit of clay is a viable solution ) I always think it is better to have too much than too little.

As we mentioned though, we CAN avoid this issues in the future as long as you contact us before the head is sent out with what specifications you will need for your individual purposes :)

Sorry again dude - and thanks for the feedback :)

I understand, Sean. I can't agree with you because a little dab of krazy glue or zap-a-gap has always held any "looser" heads right in place, but whatever.
I don't want to rile the rat pack thats assembled here to defend you (though, please understand, I was never trying to attack WGP, just get a better, all around product out there)
Please, via email, let me know when I might expect to see the other Kirk [its already paid for and I won't ask you for a refund at this date] and the parasites.
I will stop following the WGP threads so as not to enflame anything else.
Please remove me from the following lists:
-Captains chair
-phaser rifle
-Boomer
-Athena
-Baltar
-Lucifer
-Jolly
-Serina
-Tigh
-Cassie
-John Winchester
-Sam Winchester
-Dean Winchester
-Bobby
-Phantasm Michael
-Phantasm Reggie
and any others I might have forgotten

I have gotten the newer version of the Hot Toys knock offs from ebay and they worked great for the two bashes I did. That being said, if I got a Kirk, I would probably consider dremmeling the neck off and put it on a HT muscle body. At least thats my thoughts for now.

I'm still very new to this whole figure bashing scene, csi, so can you post pics or links to the bodies you've mentioned?

The only sentiment I have is that you and JMW should mind your own business.

If you can't have the common curtsey to handle your business in PM then you have given up the right to ask people not to comment. You do not get to come on here acting like an idiot and complaining about people products without having others respond.

Sorry for thinking that for $55 and a year + of waiting I should actually be able to use the heads.

Send it to me, I know how to use it properly. I don't see how its anyone's fault that you are incapable of figuring out how to use the head. Should people like myself who can't paint, start a thread ranting that the heads didn't come painted? :slap

I will stop following the WGP threads so as not to enflame anything else.

best news I heard all day. We move past the whining and on to some actual productive comments on how best to bash these figures. :yess:

I'm still very new to this whole figure bashing scene, csi, so can you post pics or links to the bodies you've mentioned?

sorry man I have since sold the figures. I took pics, but deleted them after the sales.

If you can't have the common curtsey to handle your business in PM then you have given up the right to ask people not to comment. You do not get to come on here acting like an idiot and complaining about people products without having others respond.
I don't curtsey for anyone but something that involved a situation that could affect many potential buyers does belong in the thread.

Send it to me, I know how to use it properly. I don't see how its anyone's fault that you are incapable of figuring out how to use the head. Should people like myself who can't paint, start a thread ranting that the heads didn't come painted? :slap

No problem. Send me $55 and in a year it'll be all yours.
That you can or can't paint is irrelevant, as the painting of the head was never an issue.

best news I heard all day. We move past the whining and on to some actual productive comments on how best to bash these figures. :yess:
I do still have folks who let me know when I'm being badmouthed, so if you can shut up I can go.

I used a TTL TV 2.0 body that I got from Cotswold. The head will have to be secured somehow, but I'm not concerned about that.

https://www.gijoeelite.com/f_itemPart.asp?strPart=GITTL-TV2B

My pictures were on page 59 (post #590) of this topic. I may grind/sand down the length of the neck a bit so it sits lower, but I'll wait until I settle on my final shirt before I do that.

I'm satisfied with my Kirk head.

Tom

Here's a couple more pics. This shirt will have to do until I get a proper one for him. but I don't think it looks half bad for now.

1354823273.jpg

1354822986.jpg

WOW :D

That looks fantastic mate:)

Here's a couple more pics. This shirt will have to do until I get a proper one for him. but I don't think it looks half bad for now.

1354822986.jpg

Looks very good. Sent some out to Skiman for painting the other day, so looking forward to seeing how they turn out. Going to see if the Kirk head will work as a replacement on the Nanjin. Will have to wait for red shirts for Scotty and Sulu and a red dress for Rand. Slowly but surely the Trek:TOS Bridge Crew is coming together. Hopefull TNG, DS9 and even VOY will follow. I've got a feeling Hot Toys or EB will be taking on new Trek.

1354823273.jpg

1354822986.jpg

What body is that, and is the whole uniform from the New Star Trek toy line?

Looks very good. Sent some out to Skiman for painting the other day, so looking forward to seeing how they turn out. Going to see if the Kirk head will work as a replacement on the Nanjin. Will have to wait for red shirts for Scotty and Sulu and a red dress for Rand. Slowly but surely the Trek:TOS Bridge Crew is coming together. Hopefull TNG, DS9 and even VOY will follow. I've got a feeling Hot Toys or EB will be taking on new Trek.

I just need to find the right color red material for Rand then have us decide on a body for the Rand costume and we are good to go. Right now we are thinking Phicen?

What body is that, and is the whole uniform from the New Star Trek toy line?

To be honest I'm not sure where the body came from. It was an extra I had from a lot I bought a while back. I originally had the head on one of the head play true type knockoffs but this one fit the shats body style better.
The shirt is from the new playmates 12" figure. The pants are from the star trek Barbie anniversary ken figure. And the boots are German riding boots.

captain kirk wears a mustard yellow double knit as called today but was a poly knit blend. his pants are a stretch twill since dacron which was a thick polyester with 2-3% lycra. their is no fabric compaired today acept ponte knit but using a stretch twill is a good replacement since it's too thick for 1/6th scale.

I just need to find the right color red material for Rand then have us decide on a body for the Rand costume and we are good to go. Right now we are thinking Phicen?

Well, I wasn't terribly familiar with the Phicen body, so I did a quick search to get an idea of what he product looks like - I think it could work nicely. Since I've never used one of these, though, I was wondering if we could get some feedback from somebody who has made a custom with one? I'm always a bit leery with rubber bodies - love the seamless look, but not all rubber is made equal, and some figures are more prone to breakdown and tears than others. How are the Phicen? If the quality is decent, I think we might have a good starting point! :clap

Back