Statue Weta Workshop's The Balrog Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, sorry for the delay. I was in Ireland for the past 3 weeks. My new Balrog has arrived, although I haven't opened for inspection yet. No shipping and no customs fees were required. In fact, UPS just left the box in front of my apartment door last week. My wife saw it when she came back from our trip (I stayed an extra week).

Congrats Chaber.:hi5: ...will there be some pics to follow?

Hope you enjoyed your stay in my home country.

Ireland was amazing! The Irish are such a hospitable people, my wife and I enjoyed every minute despite the cold. Also went to Wales and Northern Ireland, to see the Antrim Coast and hike the Pembrokeshire Coastal path. Unforgettable! And I arrived home to my Balrog, what more could a guy ask for?

So glad you had a good time here buddy :hi5:...come back soon! :wink1:

Enjoy your Rog!...he is on my want list. Hoping to get him at Christmas, if there is a discount on him. :pray:

(There is nothing like thinking ahead is there.) :lol

Can anyone here post a pic of this Balrog against Gandalf maquette. I just wanna see if we could re-create the scene of gandalf vs balrog in Khazad dum.

The latest Weta Balrog is worth it....I got it privately recently second hand for $530 shipped....am happy about that...it is a very nice representation, great size, paint apps,sculpt, etc...I still do prefer my original though but will never bash this one...yup well worth it

The balrog looks best posed in front of a dark background....

Good to know, thanks. Hopefully we'll get some ME items announced at SDCC this year. That way I can plan/save and order the Balrog sometime next year. I don't think it'll sellout for a while yet.

Good to know, thanks. Hopefully we'll get some ME items announced at SDCC this year. That way I can plan/save and order the Balrog sometime next year. I don't think it'll sellout for a while yet.

yup...I dont think itll sell out for a while too...tons of retailers selling them too...I wish This and Smaug had an ES of 1000...god forbid if it was 500 like Azog on Warg...I held up from getting this for a while...but couldnt pass it up on the price I got

Also the gold paint(which replaces yellow) while different is still very nicely done...I do like it...A darker background will show off those warm/hot colors like gold,yellow,orange,and red the best ...you wont regret getting it bro :)

Back