Statue Weta Workshop's Bolg Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I knew what that was even before I clicked. I did say it that way in my head as I did the review.

bolg is low stock, frick, I will buy tomorrow, need to wait for payment to post

bolg is low stock, frick, I will buy tomorrow, need to wait for payment to post

**** already? Now what... do I order and use the $150 weta bucks I have now or let it sell out from weta and keep the bbts order and use the $230 weta bucks I'll have after Smaug ships on something else.

I don't know for sure but I'd bet that's just a low stock warning for the first shipment.

Maybe but I am nervous after Thranduil sold out suddenly without any real notice.

Suddenly, you mean after 12 months of being on sale :lol

As for Bolg, that would just be first shipment, no way in hell would the full edition be almost sold out in 3 days, not going to happen, not now days.

Suddenly, you mean after 12 months of being on sale :lol

As for Bolg, that would just be first shipment, no way in hell would the full edition be almost sold out in 3 days, not going to happen, not now days.

lol, I didn't say QUICKLY. But it was sudden. There was no low stock warning on the product page before it sold out.

Baddies usually sell better than good guys so I'm going to assume Bolg will probably sell out quicker than Thranduil. But I'm still hoping it lasts a little while longer because I'm on the fence whether I should order or not.

I'm not picking up Bolg (not a baddie collector) but I have to say that I saw it at NYCC and it is an awesome poly. Pictures do not do it justice.

Myself in this market I would pull the trigger on it and save the Weta dollars earned to combine on another future purchase, which then might be
very inexpensive depending on what's in your account.

Think that in todays market with speculators buying just to drive up the secondary market price if you want it then get it when you can.
Believe this is what happened with Thranduil. Not sure at what point Weta lists low stock but guessing it's when less than 5% of the run is left.
Guessing that they were probably getting close to a sold out notification when a few large bulk purchases (speculators & stores) pushed it into sold out
before the notification could be put up.

fyi...if an item is sold out and there is a show that Weta is appearing at shortly after they might still have one or two available for sale.
I picked up a Tauriel for a Flamer who missed out on getting her. Contacted Weta prior to the show and they confirmed they would have one for
me to pick up and yep when I got there she was waiting.

I'm not picking up Bolg (not a baddie collector) but I have to say that I saw it at NYCC and it is an awesome poly. Pictures do not do it justice.

Myself in this market I would pull the trigger on it and save the Weta dollars earned to combine on another future purchase, which then might be
very inexpensive depending on what's in your account.

Think that in todays market with speculators buying just to drive up the secondary market price if you want it then get it when you can.
Believe this is what happened with Thranduil. Not sure at what point Weta lists low stock but guessing it's when less than 5% of the run is left.
Guessing that they were probably getting close to a sold out notification when a few large bulk purchases (speculators & stores) pushed it into sold out
before the notification could be put up.

fyi...if an item is sold out and there is a show that Weta is appearing at shortly after they might still have one or two available for sale.
I picked up a Tauriel for a Flamer who missed out on getting her. Contacted Weta prior to the show and they confirmed they would have one for
me to pick up and yep when I got there she was waiting.

Awww......I need her and Thranduil too. :(

Back