Statue Weta: The Hobbit - Bombur

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The extra for ordering Bombur early is $50 of the Bilbo statue.

It's a bit late they've put up that offer. I placed my order as soon as it was up, and the offer wasn't there yet. I'm not gonna use it anyway since I've got Bilbo already. :( I hope they'd offer something early collectors could really use. I think most of us have Bilbo already. :wink1:

I'm guessing that from here on out, Weta will stretch out the release of all the dwarves (if ever they're gonna make them all) to the last film or even beyond just so the interest amongst collectors won't die down. The market for this would be the completist collectors who have started from Thorin and have every dwarf to date. The release of other characters will be interspersed and release times will be carefully selected to generate more interest, I think. I won't be surprised if after all in the merry company of dwarves had been released, that Weta will release the miniature version of the company just like what they did with the Fellowship. 4 or 5 sets I reckon. :wink1:

It's a bit late they've put up that offer. I placed my order as soon as it was up, and the offer wasn't there yet. I'm not gonna use it anyway since I've got Bilbo already. :( I hope they'd offer something early collectors could really use. I think most of us have Bilbo already. :wink1:

It wasn't up when I ordered but I have Bilbo so it wasn't something I'd use anyways.

I'm guessing that from here on out, Weta will stretch out the release of all the dwarves (if ever they're gonna make them all) to the last film or even beyond just so the interest amongst collectors won't die down. The market for this would be the completist collectors who have started from Thorin and have every dwarf to date. The release of other characters will be interspersed and release times will be carefully selected to generate more interest, I think. I won't be surprised if after all in the merry company of dwarves had been released, that Weta will release the miniature version of the company just like what they did with the Fellowship. 4 or 5 sets I reckon. :wink1:

Yeah, I think things will be spread out as well. Especially since they should have the designs ready to go for some of the Orcs and Goblins. Plus you have Radagast, Elrond, Galadriel, etc that you can toss in. I wouldn't mind seeing a set like that as I'd get it even after having all the traveling company.

It wasn't up when I ordered but I have Bilbo so it wasn't something I'd use anyways.

Yeah, I think things will be spread out as well. Especially since they should have the designs ready to go for some of the Orcs and Goblins. Plus you have Radagast, Elrond, Galadriel, etc that you can toss in. I wouldn't mind seeing a set like that as I'd get it even after having all the traveling company.

dont be shocked if the rest that come out are all L/E's maybe a 1000

Maybe. I think he's likely to be an open es because they will want to get folks to pair him up with Gandalf.

Maybe. I think he's likely to be an open es because they will want to get folks to pair him up with Gandalf.

I'm hoping for a new Hobbit Saruman. Gandalf-Saruman-Radagast, they would look good displayed together! :yess:

But for now, I'd be happy to have a Radagast since he's a new character in the line. I'm looking forward to the day (maybe at SDCC?) we'd hear something from Weta about him and a preview of the statue. He's going to be one intricate statue because of his outfit and all that texture, and his staff is a must! :lecture It has to be definitely there!

I'm hoping for a new Hobbit Saruman. Gandalf-Saruman-Radagast, they would look good displayed together! :yess:

But for now, I'd be happy to have a Radagast since he's a new character in the line. I'm looking forward to the day (maybe at SDCC?) we'd hear something from Weta about him and a preview of the statue. He's going to be one intricate statue because of his outfit and all that texture, and his staff is a must! :lecture It has to be definitely there!

They might do a new Saruman. I wouldn't mind it if they did that's for sure. I agree all three would look really good.

I think we might see him before Comic-Con to be honest and I'd bet my life that we will see him caring his staff. I don't think we'll have to all the way to comic-con to see the next statue or statues. :rock

Probably not and probably why he was limited. The statue looked great at comic-con and looked great in the pics, but I don't imagine Bombur being super popular.

Hey up fat lad!

BOMBUR4_zps11c9ba96.jpg

DSC04327_zpsc3445136.jpg

DSC04329_zps94a8c430.jpg

DSC04328_zps29bed16e.jpg

A few quick pics as other better ones will surely follow :lecture

He is a scene stealing piece. Great expression, fantastic action pose, brilliant detailing in all areas, including his almost moccasin type boots :clap

A beautiful piece that brings a smile as big as his bulk and fond memories of the book.
Well done WETA :bow

Back