Weta points query

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's no option for combined shipping so if you're planing to buy more than 1 item you can make another order and apply the points to it.

Are you sure? My Dwalin and Balin shipped together as they were part of the same order. Now, you can't if they're seperate orders.

If you use Weta dollars on a purchase do you still earn the full amount of Weta dollars? Example if something is $300 and you use $40 in weta dollars would you still earn 30 weta dollars?

There's no option for combined shipping so if you're planing to buy more than 1 item you can make another order and apply the points to it.

That would only work if you wait a few days and the item is in stock. You don't actually get the weta dollars added to your account till the item is shipped.

All that aside, the Weta Web site reward program makes Sideshows look very bad indeed. At a base you get 10% on the purchase price of the item (excluding postage). Even if you use some points to reduce the cost, you still get rewards based on the amount you do actually pay.

Spend $500 USD in a year, and your upgraded to Gold Collector status, so its now 15% Weta Dollars rewarded.

And Weta allows you to use them all purchases not just the ones that are slow sellers (like SS does). The one bummer for me was that they didn't give me points for the bronze and I don't think they give points for the Lyon swords either. Honestly if you are spending 5-10k on an item I would think getting a few free statues would be a nice perk.

You can use SS points on all purchases. Not sure where only being able to use points on slow sellers is coming from :dunno It doesn't matter if its in-stock or PO.

Must be gift cards and certain coupon codes I am thinking of then. The worst thing about SS's system is that you don't earn points on the remainder, this is very nice for Weta to do this. Weta's system actually makes it make sense to order from them, with SS I don't think I ever really consider the points in the calculation of whether to order from them or not. AND it takes forever to get them actually into use.

Its gift cards you're thinking of. I agree I do like the Weta Points system a bit better since I can use points and still get something out of it. It does help you order more.

Must be gift cards and certain coupon codes I am thinking of then. The worst thing about SS's system is that you don't earn points on the remainder, this is very nice for Weta to do this. Weta's system actually makes it make sense to order from them, with SS I don't think I ever really consider the points in the calculation of whether to order from them or not. AND it takes forever to get them actually into use.

It does suck that SS doesnt grant points on the remaining amount in a purchase when using reward points...Weta blows them away in that regards...plus you get the points when your item ships...SS makes you wait like a month after getting the item...Plus I get 15% back Weta Dollars vs measly 5% from SS...Weta is king for points....SS gift cards are BS too...it's not a gift card but a coupon for specific items...A gift card is a gift card which means you should be allowed to use it for anything in the store

Back