Walter Skinner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just want to add: nothing was futzed with in either of those shots. The attire for Sideshow and Toy President are positioned exactly as is, out of the box.

JustinLuck said:
Three of the suits I ordered arrived today. First impressions are good. Definitely a notch up from Sideshow's attire. I am particularly impressed that they use actual knotted ties and not the cheap elastic trick.

img5347600tn5.jpg

those look good! do they come w/ bodies too? i see hands lol. i got the glasses from that lady but don't have the scissors i need to cut them out. may be until after Thanksgiving till i get some. if u get urs Justin i'd love to see pics on Skinner

Anyone have some decent photos of Skinner? Unfortunately, I didn't take too many photos before I started modifying him. I would love to see how good he can look with some good futzing. I admit that his elastic loop tie tested my patience. But I think it was his 'one leg longer than the other' syndrome combined with loose ankle joints that made me lose it completely. :monkey1 :)

img4482600pt9.jpg

clipboard600sp2.jpg

I think I'm going to get some now. How much was shipping for the three (or individually if you know)? $20 for basically crappy head huh? :lol

abstractharmony said:
Those suits are great but at $60.00 shipping to the UK I'm gonna have to give it a miss.

Me too. When I first saw the pics I was going to get one for my CSM figure but that shipping is way too much.

bluesparrow said:
The company that makes those 12" Toy Presidents figures have begun selling their suits individually for $10, I got a couple, the Lincoln and the JFK, and they're excellent. They even have a lining in the suit jacket.

https://www.toypresidents.com/collection_accessories.asp

Hey Blue, I sent you a PM a couple days ago. Incase you didn't see it, I'll post it here. :)

Would the Lincoln overcoat fit OK on Skinner, or do you think it would be too small? From the pics, it looks a little narrow in the shoulders, but I can't tell. The three suits I have fit OK the shoulders. The sleeves just need to be adjusted to make them a bit longer.

I want to find an overcoat that can emulate this:

https://static.flickr.com/4/4546653_16c5b5031c_m.jpg

EvilFace, in another thread, you mentioned that a new suit isn't needed. If you own the Walter Skinner figure, I would love to see some pics. I tried to make default attire look good. I really, really did! :eek:

JustinLuck said:
Hey Blue, I sent you a PM a couple days ago. Incase you didn't see it, I'll post it here. :)

The coat from the Modern Duncan McLeod fits great over a SSC Suit. Its a full length one though so you have to take it up about an inch to match what you see on screen. I've tried it on both my Skinner and Mulder and it looks great.

JustinLuck said:

Would the Lincoln overcoat fit OK on Skinner, or do you think it would be too small? From the pics, it looks a little narrow in the shoulders, but I can't tell. The three suits I have fit OK the shoulders. The sleeves just need to be adjusted to make them a bit longer.

Oh hey, sorry man. PMs always slip my eye on this board. The Lincoln overcoat is designed to go over a dress shirt, not a suit jacket. I tried putting the overcoat on over the Kennedy suit(still on the Toy Presidents figure) and it fit, and futzed with, it looked good, but the poseability was greatly compromised. It fits just as well as a suit jacket when over just a dress shirt though. And actually, it's a good idea, I hadn't considered using the overcoat for anything(I was going to keep it in case I ever got around to getting a Sideshow Lincoln).

If you can wait a week or so for me to get my Generation Life bodies I'll try it on those.

Last edited:
EvilFace, I'm still waiting for your pics. You say that a new suit is unnecessary. This is the best Sideshow could do:

d1873bk4.jpg

Let's see yours.

The tie is silly, but the rest looks fine.

Still waiting on what you spent 150 extra on to make this figure sooooo much better.

Actually, that is the original paint :)

Found the glasses on an internet shoppe, believe it was Monkeydepot.

For the Toht there are better ones to be found I think like the ones from a 3R Japanese officer. With those the place where the temples meet the rims are positioned more central. (Someone has used them and place nice photos in the Toht thread)
This way the round circle effect is more clear.

The repaints look GREAT! And the glasses look GREAT! Where did you get them, if you don't mind me asking? I think they might work well for the Sideshow Toht figure from the Indiana Jones line.

I was thinking the same thing.

Back