Waiting 9 months for a replacement from SSC... what is going on?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Waiting 7 months for a replacement from SSC... what is going on?

heh it's looking like it will be 9 months by the time I get the second body.

How ridiculous!!! Many of us had to wait just as long for Aayla PF parts and bodies, and when we got them they were even worse than what they were replacing. So sad! :censored

I asked for an update a week ago regarding the replacement I received that has problems.

They said they need to "get in touch with returns to see where along the process they are"

...nothing yet... another week goes buy... sent another email asking the same exact question...

Title updated to waiting 9 months now...

sigh... The more you buy the worse the service you get I guess...

What a bunch of bs! I have said this in the star wars section, i'm following a thread where a guy got a bad aayla replacment after waiting over 6 months so he asked for a refund. When sideshow dragged their feet on that he filed complaints with the attorney general and bbb only to have sideshow close his account for doing that. I hope that your situation gets resolved.

Good to know. I think I've read on their site if you ever file a credit card chargeback they will close your account.

And as I said, the regular is in stock and I bet it doesn't have the magnet issue... but will they give me one... NOPE.
But I will probably try asking again if they tell me all the replacements have problems.

that's insane that you've waited almost over a year for a replacement! I don't get them sometimes. sometimes i'll hear wonderful things and sometimes i'll hear things like your case where its just unacceptable what they're doing to you. what a great company but there are moments that make you question that.

Thanks chap. Yeah I've called and they've called me but it's been a little while.

Time to get on the phone and plead and beg for them to resolve my issue again in a reasonable time frame.

When my mood changes I will probably give them another call.

Thanks chap. Yeah I've called and they've called me but it's been a little while.

Time to get on the phone and plead and beg for them to resolve my issue again in a reasonable time frame.

When my mood changes I will probably give them another call.

I hope it works out for you. I can definitely appreciate your frustration, after all of this time. I'm at a loss for words.

Is anyone else in the same boat for this piece?

I guess they prefer to ignore my 2 emails and voice mail.

They didn't call back voice mail or respond to emails so I called again hoping they would pick up this time and I talked to the guy handling my return today,

after apologizing for being at lunch when I called (what about the emails buddy???!) ....same answer I got 8 days ago... He needs to talk to the returns dept. to see what options are available... UG!

Last edited:
Got a call... now they want me to send the whole thing back and they are going to send me another exclusive and renumber it to my number.

I complained saying I don't want to wait for you to get mine back I've waited long enough.

I need to send them a picture of the base and they will number the new one and send it out to me as soon as they see the return label was scanned by the courier which is a little better.
They have sent me a replacement before right away and said I would be charged if they don't get the return which is the method I prefer.
I'm not sure why they wont this time... They just keep getting worse and worse.

How do they get exclusives a year later? I guess there was a second batch in the replacements.
I don't have a good feeling about this though. I don't like the idea of returning the exclusive parts if they are not damaged.

Got a call... now they want me to send the whole thing back and they are going to send me another exclusive and renumber it to my number.

I complained saying I don't want to wait for you to get mine back I've waited long enough.

I need to send them a picture of the base and they will number the new one and send it out to me as soon as they see the return label was scanned by the courier which is a little better.
They have sent me a replacement before right away and said I would be charged if they don't get the return which is the method I prefer.
I'm not sure why they wont this time... They just keep getting worse and worse.

How do they get exclusives a year later? I guess there was a second batch in the replacements.
I don't have a good feeling about this though. I don't like the idea of returning the exclusive parts if they are not damaged.

i'm guessing a second run to make up for the many defective, damaged and poorly painted first run. i imagine this is because of the original price tag. good luck getting a stellar replacement but a gambler would probably give odds that it still won't be right. :pray:

Probably. Here's hoping the next body is like this one because the paint was much better than the first run.

They sent me a return label but it's 2 labels linked together so I can't use it. I'll have to wait till they send me another one today. I can't believe my luck... could anything else drag this out even longer?
:thud:
Hopefully I'm in the home stretch here.

Good to know. I think I've read on their site if you ever file a credit card chargeback they will close your account.

I think I read that to, but from what I read in the thread mentioned that wasn't the case.

I think I read that to, but from what I read in the thread mentioned that wasn't the case.

paypal is the only one i know of that won't close your account for a credit card dispute if it's valid determined by the credit card company. if it is valid, they go after the other party and withdraw from or lock his account.

Wow what a nightmare! I can't imagine going through this ordeal. Wish you the best of luck and hopefully you get a "good" piece

paypal is the only one i know of that won't close your account for a credit card dispute if it's valid determined by the credit card company. if it is valid, they go after the other party and withdraw from or lock his account.

I had to file one with an Amazon seller once. Amazon didn't close my account either.

Wow what a nightmare! I can't imagine going through this ordeal. Wish you the best of luck and hopefully you get a "good" piece

Well I just got a complete replacement in the newer style shipping box and it's all good.
The paint looks better than the original batch as well... not as bland and grey.

Only took 8 1/2 months... I reported this Dec 26th to SSC.
I guess I exaggerated by 2 weeks in the title of the thread. :Flush

2 weeks or whatever it's still a long time. I had to deal with them recently regarding my Deadpool EX but I got a shipping notice today so hopefully the replacement is much better.

Well I just got a complete replacement in the newer style shipping box and it's all good.
The paint looks better than the original batch as well... not as bland and grey.

Only took 8 1/2 months... I reported this Dec 26th to SSC.
I guess I exaggerated by 2 weeks in the title of the thread. :Flush

Good to hear. Can you post a side by side shot of the paint differences?

Back