Venom Comiquette paint apps problem?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey freaks, just got my Venom comiquette (WOW!!!!), couldn't be more pleased. BUT my version seems to have a sloppy paint job in regards to the spider emblem on Venom suit. The white paint seems to have been applied too thin, hence the blk/blue "body" shows through???!!! I know these are all hand painted, but is this normal? Does anyone else have the same problem, or is this a consistent rendition of this particular statue? Please let me know, as I'm going through a roller coaster ride emotionally!

Congrats mate. Yep, that thin white paint occurs in many of them. Not a big deal for me as I feel it the suit seem more visceral. I know someone who touched it up cos it bothered him tho, which should be really easy.

I think all of them are this way but most don't see it as a problem.
I got mine and that is the thing that makes it not quite a home run to me, how thin the white paint is on the emblems. If they could make the eyes as opaque as they did, there's no reason to flake out on the spider emblems.

Like you I almost returned mine because of how bad it looks and I ended up convincing myself to keep it. The head/teeth/tongue were done so effing awesome that it was enough to keep it and be happy.

The paint on the emblem was applied on the light side. Everything else is rock solid for this statue.

yep paint app is light on the emblem. Use some acylic paint to cover it up if you really feel its necessary.

I left "as is" because I feel most of the attention is on the superb sculpt and paint app on the face/teeth.

It's probably just me but I felt that the white lines looking the way they do make it have a drawn or sketched kind of feel.

Mine is fine no see through but some people thought that the white paint was thin one even had the white pincer on the front emblem missing paint altogether

Thanks all for your input! I will leave it as is, as it seems to be the norm. Strange, but true.

Back