Vader: SS or Attakus 2?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup! Totally worth it though. ;)

Here's a nice little pic I saw over on the SF boards:

statues_Vader_comparaison.jpg

This would make an awesome set to own. I love how the SS Vader TOWERS and totally dominates over the others. I forgot how cool the GG ROTS Vader looks too.

that is a sweet pic! one thing i didn't like was the fact the SS vader has suspenders....what's up with that?

yeah, i noticed when i looked at mine the first time but he has(you can see in the pics above) suspenders that are over his "shoulder pads". they support his lower cape thingy but instead of being under his shoulder pads they go over them.(look at his shoulder on your left in the pic above).

I don't see it, and I don't see it on mine either. Can you post a pic or two of yours to show what you mean? :)

if you look at the other vader's above the shoulder pads do not have anything on them. if you pull back the cape off his shoulders you should see the straps on his shoulders. unless you were able to put them beneath the shoulder pads.

...sadly my vader is on his way back to SS because half of his "crotch plate" came to me broken off. may he find his way home SOON.

Vader AL said:
yeah, i noticed when i looked at mine the first time but he has(you can see in the pics above) suspenders that are over his "shoulder pads". they support his lower cape thingy but instead of being under his shoulder pads they go over them.(look at his shoulder on your left in the pic above).
that's how they were in episode IV. they went over the shoulder pads. I never noticed it until I got mine, then I looked at the dvd and that is how they were in the movie.

That pic would be even cooler if it was the Vader 2 instead of 1. I just don't dig the Vader 1. He looks as if he is about to approach some hot chick instead of slice someone in half with his LightSaber.

I didn't know that either and I was wondering the same thing. I thought there was some problem with the inner ropes but I am glad that is not the case, really a good detail from SS!!!

I had to take the case off of mine just to double check. How cool is that! Just goes to show how much more depth and multilayred the 1/4 PF's are over standard statue's.

jlcmsu said:
I'm curious as to why Fritz? The pose just doesn't feel very Vader like to me at least.

It just looks like a more powerful pose to me. Like he's walking towards you and you're thinking, Oh crap, here comes Vader. All the figures with the lightsaber drawn look just too noveltyish to me. I prefer a more static pose. After all Vader had his lightsaber drawn for less than 10% of his screen time I would bet.

I got ya. I can see that I guess. He still looks like he is about to walk up to you and ask for your number though. :p I just prefer the lightsaber drawn poses with Vader if they aren't really goofy like a few pieces we've seen.

Fritz said:
It just looks like a more powerful pose to me. Like he's walking towards you and you're thinking, Oh crap, here comes Vader. All the figures with the lightsaber drawn look just too noveltyish to me. I prefer a more static pose. After all Vader had his lightsaber drawn for less than 10% of his screen time I would bet.

Well, if you think about it the lightsaber should only be used for lightsaber battle and there were not too many jedis that time.
I do like the Attakus DV1 pose for the same reasons, it looks more menacing, it remind me of Vader power.

I have to say, which I really didnt expect, that I like the original Attakus one more 2! For all the same reasons stated above. And more some reason the sculpted leather under suit seems more realistic that SS, hangs more like in ANH. I guess thats a difficulty with mixed media, its hard to get it to look like its 1:1 scale. But lol having said that, I'd prob get SS's one if I had money. Isnt it cheaper than the Attakus?

Back