Updates on past releases by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you be down for upgrades from SS on previously done characters?

• Total voters
I voted yes, but I'd clarify that if SSC did this, it should probably be the single worst figure they've done so far...which is probably Anakin given the issues of likeness, lip-stick, and that wonky arm (though, given the right modifications the likeness is actually pretty good, but therein lies the point).

Mind you, a poll for the top spot would be good. Or maybe narrowing it down to the top two or three most in need of improvement; I think I could cave to a better likeness of Aayla Secura (one that actually looks like Amy Allen instead of a young Annie Lennox :crying)

Last edited:
Only way it could be done was if they did more expansion packs like Maulz Ballz...

Y'know, a throne for Palps...
Etc, etc...

I doubt they would be any better, just more expensive.

The quality hasn't really gone up, much, if at all.

I'd go for the expansion pack idea, since we're really all just talking about new heads, true.

Sideshow's quality is the same now as it was in 2005, except for better head sculpts. Tailoring is exactly the same. Bespin Han should be left alone. I've been asking for accessory packs of heads since 2005. It hasn't happened and probably never will. People have already said they don't want to buy new heads because they don't know how to remove the original ones off the Buck and Sideshow doesn't want to be liable for people breaking the Buck's neck joint in the process.

I saw a figure today I hadn't thought of that I'd definitely like to see revisited if HT were to ever make 1/6 Star Wars figures and that's Qui-Gon Jinn. Oluf did a great job sculpting Neeson, but the hair is not a good representation of the character, and I'm sure HT would do soft material hair like their other long haired figures such as Jack Sparrow, and he's properly have hair running over the fronts of his shoulders and fanning out wider on the back of his shoulders. The SSC figure has a fine face, but the overall figure just doesn't feel quite like Qui-Gon because of the hair being so different, it's a pretty defining trait of his look.

Qui-Gon, Mace and EIII Anakin are in my opinion, in dire need of a new headsculpt. I've replaced Anakin's sculpt with the fantastic Darren Carnell version and it's "head and shoulders" above the original... ;)

Mace just doesn't look like SLJ to me. There's an "essence" there but I don't do "essence".

Qui-Gon has a decent sculpt but that hair just kills the figure for me. I've got him posed in profile to minimize the "George Washington" look.

I have no intention of picking on the EP3 Anakin figure, now that I am raising one more issue concerning the same figure.:(

The leather-like material on the figure's outfit is cracking on all 3 of my figures, thats 2 for the Sith and 1 for the Jedi version. I really hope Sideshow can produce replacements that is made from a difference material.

Anyone else has the same problem?:(

Back