Ultra Street Fighter 4... UGH

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snake Plissken

40s "men" still cry about being bullied here
Reaction score
[ame]https://youtu.be/AM0BbPcSAgw[/ame]

Another copy and paste edition. I didn't even like the original SFIV since it was cartoony bull****.

Last edited:
[QUOTE

Another copy and paste edition. I didn't even like the original SFIV since it was cartoony bull****.[/QUOTE]

Cause the old street fighters were so realistic?

Man, Capcom is the king of milking games. I love that they use gameplay tweaks and balances as an incentive. That stuff should be free, not something you have to buy. I guess they've accepting their new role as the most shameless publishers in the biz and figure they might as well keep going with it. Too bad. Capcom use to be so respected.

Were those people in the audience really that excited about another SF4 rehash? :lol I'll probably get it when the price gets down to $20, just because I'm a big Final Fight fan, and there are 3 FF characters added here, plus Guy and Cody who were in the update to this game that I didn't buy previously.

[QUOTE

Man, Capcom is the king of milking games. I love that they use gameplay tweaks and balances as an incentive. That stuff should be free, not something you have to buy. I guess they've accepting their new role as the most shameless publishers in the biz and figure they might as well keep going with it. Too bad. Capcom use to be so respected.

It's not about being realistic, but every emotion put on the models faces in SFIV looks like it's out of some child's cartoon and didn't have the seriousness that the others before it did, especially the Capcom vs. SNK series. All the games were drawn sprites, but I still feel that they had a serious tone and not this slapstick type fighting. I guess I just hate the childlike engine they built the game on.

It's not about being realistic, but every emotion put on the models faces in SFIV looks like it's out of some child's cartoon and didn't have the seriousness that the others before it did, especially the Capcom vs. SNK series. All the games were drawn sprites, but I still feel that they had a serious tone and not this slapstick type fighting.

I don't think that was the intent. I thought it was pretty cool that you could see expressions and whatnot. Graphically, I think it's beautiful. I'd also love to see them go back to pixel art, but we know that'll never happen. It wouldn't stop me from playing these though.

I just don't understand why they couldn't make it a more serious tone and make the characters look like actual humans... Tekken has been a way better fighting series.

Street Fighter 2--the template from which the vast majority of really memorable Street Fighter stuff was based--didn't take itself all that seriously IMO. Guile combs his hair, Chun Li jumps up and down like a child, Dhalsim does a funny dance, etc. I think the cartoony style fits. Tekken seems like a franchise better suited to "gritty realism," going back to its origins as a cutting edge 3-D fighter.

I understand, I understand it was never supposed to be gritty. I guess I believe it doesn't translate into a 3D world, for me anyway. I guess if they kept them looking like the sprites in SFII they wouldn't look like Pixar characters to me.

Street Fighter 2--the template from which the vast majority of really memorable Street Fighter stuff was based--didn't take itself all that seriously IMO. Guile combs his hair, Chun Li jumps up and down like a child, Dhalsim does a funny dance, etc. I think the cartoony style fits. Tekken seems like a franchise better suited to "gritty realism," going back to its origins as a cutting edge 3-D fighter.

Yeah, that's about how I see it too. Capcom fighters are always a bit over the top in tone.

I dont really play fighters much these days, but if I did, I'd be sick of these cheap tactics from Capcom. I'm sure people are, but I'm guessing that most of the diehard fans will ultimately cave in and buy this stuff.

Well, considering how I play this competitively, I'm excited lol. If you understood the fighting game community a little you might be able to see why the crowd at EVO was hyped.

I can totally see casual players being pissed off though. A few new characters, stages, and gameplay balancing isn't enough for them. But then again this new version isn't aimed towards the causal audience. A whole new game would be better though :p

Well, considering how I play this competitively, I'm excited lol. If you understood the fighting game community a little you might be able to see why the crowd at EVO was hyped.

I can totally see casual players being pissed off though. A few new characters, stages, and gameplay balancing isn't enough for them. But then again this new version isn't aimed towards the causal audience. A whole new game would be better though :p

Im right there with you. Still play this game about everyday. Ive got more moneys worth out of this game than any other one I own. Really looking forward to another update. They didnt have to give us anything and $15 for a upgrade of this caliber is a really good deal. I really dont understand people that complain that dont even play the game. Snake why did you post about this if your just gonna complain about it and put UGH in the title?

:dunno

Im right there with you. Still play this game about everyday. Ive got more moneys worth out of this game than any other one I own. Really looking forward to another update. They didnt have to give us anything and $15 for a upgrade of this caliber is a really good deal. I really dont understand people that complain that dont even play the game. Snake why did you post about this if your just gonna complain about it and put UGH in the title?

Because Capcom are milking whores that don't resemble what greatness they were in the 90's. They have utterly destroyed all their titles, this is just another casualty.

I'm not buying the same game 5 ****ing times.

My main issue with Capcom is that this becomes the business strategy--put out something they fully intend on re-releasing with new goodies later, and end up getting folks to buy variations of the same game 4 times or whatever to get all the good stuff. This is a variation on DVD re-issues with commentary tracks and behind the scenes stuff that wasn't initially there. It's true they didn't have to release anything new at all. It's also true they could have included more characters with the very first release of this game rather than waiting a few months to add more and release the game a second time. Balancing the gameplay mechanics is different, as none of that seems premeditated, but it's just lagniappe to the real strategy Capcom has.

It's good business, but it's frustrating knowing you might as well hold off on buying for awhile when you'll get the super ultra version with all the DLC from previous games and 30 more characters or whatever.

Capcom isn't "giving" anything. Instead of focusing their efforts on a proper sequel, they're milking an old game and taking advantage of their fans IMO. I understand being a big fan of something and being willing to get bent over now and then as a result, but I'm sure you can understand why some people just see it as a cheap sales tactic.

Capcom isn't "giving" anything. Instead of focusing their efforts on a proper sequel, they're milking an old game and taking advantage of their fans IMO. I understand being a big fan of something and being willing to get bent over now and then as a result, but I'm sure you can understand why some people just see it as a cheap sales tactic.

Were going to see another Marvel vs. Capcom 3 probably. Just keep pouring water into the empty milk carton...

This! :lecture

And this! I dont play competitively but I do follow the FGC enough to be excited about it.

Because Capcom are milking whores that don't resemble what greatness they were in the 90's. They have utterly destroyed all their titles, this is just another casualty.

I'm not buying the same game 5 ****ing times.

Erm...Capcom has always been a milking whore, nothing new.

Compared to those days, I think the direction they have gone with Street Fighter IV is actually pretty good. Considering that there are enough changes to actually justify paying for it. And they put it as an option, u can choose not to buy it.

Honestly, they are appealing to their core audience which is the fighting game community (FGC). Gathering fan feedback & making balance changes based on them is great. And this time, there's actually some incentive for buying the disc version cos they give u all the costume DLCs. Unlike say UMVC3.

This year's EVO was so hyped & I really can't wait for the Ultra update.

I'm sure there are plans to make a new street fighter game for the next-gen consoles and Ultra SF IV will probably tide us (FGC) over till the new game is released.

I don't think SFIV is necessarily bad, I think I just find the choice for the in game models disturbing. To each his own.

Back