Twilight Zone: ROD SERLING custom fig

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a nice looking figure, no doubt about it, though it looks like a younger version to me. It also bears a resemblance to Mel Gibson. With a few modifications, this head sculpt might make a good base for a Road Warrior figure.

Well I see we can all get our 12" rods now.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Seriously though:

If you want dark suits with ties, start looking for the "Blues Brothers 2000" figures.

65949828_o.jpg

Check out some of the Sci-Fi Marathon happening right now. He's not always wearing a dark suit. Many different combos of jacket and pants would be acceptable.

rod_serling.gif

serling.jpg

TR-RodSerling.JPG

Much more crucial is that skinny tie and a cigarette!

Not every tie was skinny and not every suit black. A possible kitbash is the 12" Palisades Reservoir Dogs figures or wait until Sideshow releases theirs. I can't wait to see what everybody comes up with.

One interesting thought:

Serling did actually appear as a character in one episode. It was the one where Keenan Wynn was a writer and his characters came to life.

This might create the opportunity to create a figure with only a TZ license.

Twilight Zone: ROD SERLING custom 1/6 scale head SHIPPING!!

Thanks again to everybody who purchased this item. They are being shipped out today 1/8/07. Please PM me when they arrive. I can't wait to see how everybody tackles this iconic character. Post pics when you can!!

Thanks

Well I see we can all get our 12" rods now.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

Seriously though:

If you want dark suits with ties, start looking for the "Blues Brothers 2000" figures.

65949828_o.jpg

You'll find the sleeves rather short and the John Goodman suit to need quite a bit of "taking in". The Palisades Reservoir Dogs suits are a much better option if you can find them, or perhaps one of the Toy Presidents suits if you want to go something other than black.

I am about to enter a dimension...
of one badass headsculpt!!!

roda.jpg

rodb.jpg

This really is a thing of beauty, soon he'll be sent off to return an awesomely painted head
:rock :rock

Thanks again to Andy and JML for putting this together!!!

Got mine as well. SO appreciative of the neck post being drilled out. Back once it's painted. Thanks!

Got mine as well. SO appreciative of the neck post being drilled out. Back once it's painted. Thanks!

Yes, amen to the neck being drilled out. An absolute great addition to the collection. Now, do I add him to the Planet of the Apes, the Twilight Zone or put him with my Lucas and Spielberg? :rolleyes:

A further amen to the neck being pre-drilled, and so cleanly. Anybody else notice that the only seam on the head is on the back of the neck? Nothing in the hair to clean up!

Just my luck though, I'm going to be getting a little Aves/Magic Sculpt practice before painting:

serlingear.jpg

It doesn't look like a bubble, it's a chip. The missing piece wasn't in the little Ziploc® bag, so I guess he bumped heads with one of his doppelgangers along the way...

I LOVE THIS SCULPT!

Yes, amen to the neck being drilled out. An absolute great addition to the collection. Now, do I add him to the Planet of the Apes, the Twilight Zone or put him with my Lucas and Spielberg? :rolleyes:

Do you have a picture of your Spielberg? This looks like an excellent sculpt, by the way. Are they all gone?

Yes, please share pics of the Spielberg... I have the HT Lucas, and Rod will be a welcome addition. Although I'll be posing him with the TZ figures.

Back