Statue Tweeterhead Super Powers Superman statue 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised so many like this.. I think the lack of original art direction hurts it.. I mean if you have the PF why get this?

Also the eyes are not painted well IMO... Kinda zombie like.

Congrats to those that like it though.

Well, not everyone has the SS PF, and it's currently waitlisted. This piece also solves some problems that some folks have with the SS PF. This one has the S insignia on the cape, it's full sculpt, and there doesn't seem to be a potential for a leaning problem.

No doubt, the similarities are many. There's seems no doubt that the Tweeterhead piece is heavily influenced by the SS PF. So much so that I wonder if Tweeterhead obtained permission from Sideshow to produce it. Sideshow is distributing the regular edition, so there's clearly no bad blood about it.

I think the eyes look good. As I said in my video, while the SS PF is a comic book version of Supes, the Tweeterhead piece is more comic bookey, but I think it looks great.

Surprised so many like this.. I think the lack of original art direction hurts it.. I mean if you have the PF why get this?

I don't have the PF's, but have admired them for a while now. While there are a lot of similarities, this one has a different leg forward, no knee up, looking the other direction, is fully sculpted, 1/6 scale instead of 1/4, much more vibrant colors, in a line that will include more figures than (apparently) just the 3, and about half the price. I think those are most if not all the indisputable differences.

As far as preference, I definitely agree that TH's are more 'comic-bookie' which is an aesthetic that I prefer. Also I enjoy the head sculpt on this a lot more. The biggest nitpick I have with PF's is that Superman and Batman look old and not very 'handsome'. The SS PF Superman looks like he's in his 50's to me where this one looks like he's in his prime 30's. I've always thought Clark and Bruce were supposed to be handsome, but there are many interpretations where they are just 'gritty' and almost ugly. I also don't like the not so great fitting underpants and PF Superman. Then there is the leaning issue. Obviously the cost issue is important as well. I will probably be able to get the original 7 JL for just a little more than the 3 PF's, not to mention be able to display them all at 1/6.

Given all that, I can see why even owners of the PF's might want to build a collection of 1/6 TH Super Powers statues. We haven't seen Batman yet, so the only one so far that resembles the PF's is this one. And one final thought, even those this resembles the PF, how many different poses would a Superman Statue have? Everyone wants an iconic pose, so it's this, a floating like upcoming 1/3 P1, or a flying pose. There are only so many realistic choices. Look at just how many Batman statues there are of him standing on a Gargoyle, and people continue to buy those up left and right.

Boss sculpt, will definitely buy this. I'm surprised they went with the ice base since Sideshow did that with their PF. I would have preferred a rocky terrain or some other type of terrestrial surface.

Tweeterhead produced a RuPaul statue you may be interested in...

I hope SS does another Supes PF and learns from their prior errors. Engineer a statue that will never suffer from leaning issues, make it fully sculpted, make the trunks the proper size and make a cape that includes the S. What I stated is not meant to bash cause I own 1, but to hope for another 1/4 scale that will be better.

I hope SS does another Supes PF and learns from their prior errors. Engineer a statue that will never suffer from leaning issues, make it fully sculpted, make the trunks the proper size and make a cape that includes the S. What I stated is not meant to bash cause I own 1, but to hope for another 1/4 scale that will be better.

Yup, I do too!

I had $110 in SS rewards so I figured WTH, it's a steal for $149 even though I already have the PF. It will make a nice compliment to the upcoming Batman.

Damn it Tweeterhead...why can't I quit you? :D

That's impressive! The Super Powers line will be my first statues from them.

Thanks terp! I've had my issues with them in the past ordering directly with them, but I'm happy with their products @ their price line.
Not pictured is the classic Batman EX (in my office) and Egghead...sadly, he is currently in storage. Uh wait...my math is off... :horror :slap :lol

IMG_20171213_180544914_LL.jpg

IMG_20171213_182838723_HDR.jpg

Well, not everyone has the SS PF, and it's currently waitlisted. This piece also solves some problems that some folks have with the SS PF. This one has the S insignia on the cape, it's full sculpt, and there doesn't seem to be a potential for a leaning problem.

No doubt, the similarities are many. There's seems no doubt that the Tweeterhead piece is heavily influenced by the SS PF. So much so that I wonder if Tweeterhead obtained permission from Sideshow to produce it. Sideshow is distributing the regular edition, so there's clearly no bad blood about it.

I think the eyes look good. As I said in my video, while the SS PF is a comic book version of Supes, the Tweeterhead piece is more comic bookey, but I think it looks great.

I am cool with comic sculpts and by no means am I saying you have to have or should buy the SSC one instead... This one just looks uninspired to me.. Probably due to years seeing the PF on line and in person when I owned it.

S on the back is nice.. However I tend not to worry about that due to the way I display.. Never look at the back of my statues.. But I get that some use mirrors and other way to display to see the back of their status..

We defiantly see something different in the eyes... But Tweeterheads other sculpts and paint apps are pretty nice so I assume this will look better in hand.. In these pics.. not so much.

There is way too much white of the eye on either side of the iris. Lot of eyeball on this piece :)

But hey like I said if you like/love it then congrats... I just commented because I am usually very impressed with this company and was a bit let down with this effort.

I don't have the PF's, but have admired them for a while now. While there are a lot of similarities, this one has a different leg forward, no knee up, looking the other direction, is fully sculpted, 1/6 scale instead of 1/4, much more vibrant colors, in a line that will include more figures than (apparently) just the 3, and about half the price. I think those are most if not all the indisputable differences.

As far as preference, I definitely agree that TH's are more 'comic-bookie' which is an aesthetic that I prefer. Also I enjoy the head sculpt on this a lot more. The biggest nitpick I have with PF's is that Superman and Batman look old and not very 'handsome'. The SS PF Superman looks like he's in his 50's to me where this one looks like he's in his prime 30's. I've always thought Clark and Bruce were supposed to be handsome, but there are many interpretations where they are just 'gritty' and almost ugly. I also don't like the not so great fitting underpants and PF Superman. Then there is the leaning issue. Obviously the cost issue is important as well. I will probably be able to get the original 7 JL for just a little more than the 3 PF's, not to mention be able to display them all at 1/6.

Given all that, I can see why even owners of the PF's might want to build a collection of 1/6 TH Super Powers statues. We haven't seen Batman yet, so the only one so far that resembles the PF's is this one. And one final thought, even those this resembles the PF, how many different poses would a Superman Statue have? Everyone wants an iconic pose, so it's this, a floating like upcoming 1/3 P1, or a flying pose. There are only so many realistic choices. Look at just how many Batman statues there are of him standing on a Gargoyle, and people continue to buy those up left and right.

Superman PF does look older.. The Reg head does anyways.. Very Ross looking sculpt for sure.

Tweeterhead produced a RuPaul statue you may be interested in...

Wait a minute... You pulled out a RuPaul reference?? What freaking decade do you think we live in? ;) ;) :lol

Last edited:
Having said all this about the eyes.. I do think he looks good in the 1st photo and this is more likely what it will look like in hand... Second photo is where I think the issues are obvious... BUT that is a close up and normal viewing distance will probably be better.

25299498_1641928702535630_9210285311411320378_n.jpg

24991060_1641928709202296_3563470777244047943_n.jpg

Back