Statue Tweeterhead Julie Newmar Catwoman by Trevor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any shipping confirmations yet? Originally August, ?September or now October? Maybe by Christmas?

From Facebook :)

Update and Lessons Learned!

I’ve seen a few posts recently about delayed shipping issues and just wanted to take a moment and give an update on some of our products, shipping etc.

First off, I just want to say that customer service is my top priority. I want Tweeterhead to remain a small company, so I can always have direct contact with my customers and their needs. It’s also the best way for me to gauge what products you want to see in the future. This means that my business is basically run by me alone. This includes everything from handling the licenses to packaging and shipping items to you. It can be tough at times, but as I said, I like the direct contact with you.

As Tweeterhead is approaching a year since our first release (Elvira debuted on Oct 26th 2013), I just wanted to share one very big thing I have learned:

I need to build in extra time in all of my schedule promises for unforeseen delays and shipping issues!

Elvira and Herman Munster in color and Black and White were smooth sailing, coming in on time and looking spectacular. Lily was a bit delayed but she is on the way. She is scheduled to be in the US at the end of this month and it is a top priority to get her off of the boat and onto a UPS or USPS truck immediately.

The Catwoman Maquette, which was due to ship in September, is also running a bit behind. I have to take the blame for this as I was planning according to our past releases, which were much smaller quantities. I didn’t think ahead that our production numbers for the general release would be as high as they are. Lesson learned: the more you order the longer it takes. That said, she is in production and looking really beautiful. All of the certificates have been signed by Miss Newmar and just like with Lily, we will begin shipping within days of her arrival to the US.

Batman is in production and is on schedule for his December release and the newest Elvira “Your heart belongs to Me”, which will be going on sale on Oct 23rd ,is already in production. Unless there is an unforeseen shipping or customs issue, they should both be delivered on time.

The main point of the message is that we’ve learned from these missteps and will do our best to avoid delays in the future.

In the meantime, stay tuned for the two brand new lines debuting at Comikaze (possibly three), and some fun additions to our Batman 66 and Munsters lines as well.

Based on your feedback, and in an effort to better support my customers, I’m happy to say that in 2015 we will be set up to take a deposit from you, and the balance can be paid when the item is shipped. I’m trying to get this set up sooner, but it’s a bit more difficult than setting up the back office shop.

I can always be reached at [email protected]. Besides making stunning maquettes, our goal is to make the collectors happy and make some friends and fans along the way!

Thanks for your time and if you have any questions, please don’t ever hesitate to get in touch!

Chad

:clap:clap:clap:clap YAY TWEETERHEAD!!

Well at least they gave us a heads up and good news about not having to full pay in the future.

Yea, I was happy to hear that they want to keep the company small too - it seems the bigger a company gets, the higher the ES and then quality control suffers. I can deal with the delays and it's not like we haven't seen that with other company's as well

Yea, I was happy to hear that they want to keep the company small too - it seems the bigger a company gets, the higher the ES and then quality control suffers. I can deal with the delays and it's not like we haven't seen that with other company's as well

Not sure about that, if they cared enough they could still put out quality regardless of their size. I wish more fans were involved with making some pieces as it seems sometimes the larger manufacturers can't be bothered to get eveything right.

Not sure about that, if they cared enough they could still put out quality regardless of their size. I wish more fans were involved with making some pieces as it seems sometimes the larger manufacturers can't be bothered to get eveything right.

It just seems to me that paint apps & other aspects of the stautues suffer when they have to make an ES of 3000 vs 300. But you're right about quality, any company can pump out quality if they really want. Everything gets harder to manage though with a high ES, especially meeting deadlines. I think as these lines pick up, more fans will get involved, at least I hope

Still will be surprised if she is shipped by end of the year. Sad, this is my first statue and so want her to go with my 1966 Bats and Robin. Not impressed with Tweeterhead's business model.

Worst thing you can do as a business is make the customer pay in full and then keep delaying the product.... Torches and Pitchforks will be coming out if Catwoman isn't released soon..

I don't mind the delays since Tweeterhead has explained the reason for them. I don't think this will happen in the future once everything gets on track. As far as paying up front, that will no longer be the case next year so at least they are trying. At least they are explaining the situation, it's more than what other companies do

I expect delays. And in all honesty I don't mind paying ahead. I have the Herman Munster statue from them and I'm sure this will come through when it does. Chad is very nice

Worst thing you can do as a business is make the customer pay in full and then keep delaying the product.... Torches and Pitchforks will be coming out if Catwoman isn't released soon..

FROM TWEETERHEAD'S WEBSITE:

Catwoman Maquette Update!!

Just heard form the factory and barring any delays, they will be finished with the Catwoman Maquette by the third week in Nov. After that, we just need to get her to the US and she will be on her way! They sent a long some pics of the progress…enjoy! Also, we have all of our certificates signed by Julie just ready to be put into their gold envelopes and boxed up. She is coming very soon!!

[/attach] CERT-340x320.jpgDSC03639-340x255.jpgDSC03644-340x255.jpgDSC03649-340x255.jpg

So much for 2014 release. Way to over sell and under plan! Guess this will be my birthday present on January 17th, if she ships. How about releasing to the guys like me who pre ordered the exclusive with Julies signature since it is a so called extremely limited production.

Chad from Tweeterhead has stated that more people ordered Catwoman than expected and this is what caused the delays. The production numbers in the past have been smaller but still, Catwoman is under 300 which is by no means a giant amount of orders.

Tweeterhead is a great company pumping out great quality statues, just be patient. She is worth the wait.

But they took on a giant amount of orders right? More than they expected that they could handle.

Definitely. I agree it's a bittersweet thing. I mean here they are taking these orders for the fans to satiate anyone really; however, they did bite a bit more than they could chew. I hope it's gets better for both TH and the fans.

On the note of paying up front, I'd rather do that. I hate saving money for a piece and something comes up and I have to use it. I'd rather pay for it from the beginning, and if something comes up, I'll figure another way for the money. But that's just my mentality.

Back