Tron Legacy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm going to try and get in another showing...I know it's leaving my area after this week...only saw it once.

Now after getting into the "art of..." book and listening non-stop to Daft Punk's amazing score...I really am into it now.

If I miss it, I sure hope it's not long before the BR comes out...

Okay...went to another showing tonight...my second (and unfortunately, probably last in a theater...work calls).

It is a good movie. Really good. Especially the second time, when you can really concentrate on the details and catch all the nuances in the story...

I had watched the original last night again and Legacy really is a good update/next step...

They painted themselves into some interesting corners here...I'm curious to see where they'll go with it in a sequel. It's clear young Dillinger will be involved, that Tron is back in the grid, that the pendant/chip Sam was sporting at the end means something...among other things...

In the meantime, Daft Punk's still in my truck player and bring on the BluRay! :)

oviously you were too busy eating popcorn and not paying attention :)

It was when Flynn was talking with Sam eating Dinner.....

Flynn spoke of the ISO'S...A new lifeform....quote- "That they dreamed of gods,spirits,Aliens.... an intelligence beyond our own"

He talked about the ISO's aliens having special DNA and that they would cure disease and he (flynn) was going to introduce them to the world.

so there ya go...:)

dude, u are SO misreading the dialogue it's hilarious. :D

flynn may have said they "dreamt" of "aliens", etc. but the key word here is "dreamt". and since he did not personally create the ISOs, they did not arise out of any "dream" of his. that line u quoted meant that he didn't actually know where the heck they came from, and more importantly, they were something beyond his or anyone else's comprehension. simple as that.

and the part about having DNA is consistent with what i said previously: they are a brand new life-form that "manifested" in the grid. doesn't make them aliens.

anyway, to each his own. so if u choose to read that about the ISOs then it's your prerogative and power to u, man. :)

dude, u are SO misreading the dialogue it's hilarious. :D

flynn may have said they "dreamt" of "aliens", etc. but the key word here is "dreamt". and since he did not personally create the ISOs, they did not arise out of any "dream" of his. that line u quoted meant that he didn't actually know where the heck they came from, and more importantly, they were something beyond his or anyone else's comprehension. simple as that.

and the part about having DNA is consistent with what i said previously: they are a brand new life-form that "manifested" in the grid. doesn't make them aliens.

anyway, to each his own. so if u choose to read that about the ISOs then it's your prerogative and power to u, man. :)

yes the ISO'S were interdimentional beings...it didnt matter if he dreamt them or not...they apparently existed didnt they???

he called them aliens,gods,new life forms (which are all the same in one).....if they manifested where did they come from??? :)

yes the ISO'S were interdimentional beings...it didnt matter if he dreamt them or not...they apparently existed didnt they???

he called them aliens,gods,new life forms (which are all the same in one).....if they manifested where did they come from??? :)

one word: evolution.

and that's the issue that flynn was so enamoured with. the fact that even with a god-like omnipotence like his, he had no idea where or how the ISOs came about. they were a form of life that arose completely independently from all his "creations" in the grid. it's basically the theory of creation vs the theory of evolution.

and that's all i gotta say on the matter. peace out...

The Tron Evolution videogame gives a little more backstory on the ISOs. They're not gods, aliens or anything like that, they're simply programs that came into being without being input or written by a user. It's that spontaneous coming-into-being that intrigues Flynn and upsets Clu.

The Tron Evolution videogame gives a little more backstory on the ISOs. They're not gods, aliens or anything like that, they're simply programs that came into being without being input or written by a user. It's that spontaneous coming-into-being that intrigues Flynn and upsets Clu.

Yep.. thats what I thought all along. :goodpost:

Plus they're learning programs, CLU couldn't move beyond his original purpose which was why they couldn't change his mind, but an ISO can learn

Kevin is God

I'm sorry This is God:

morgan_freeman_in_bruce_almighty-6582.jpg

Back