Transformers Trivia :)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of us that read left to right....

Defensor - Blades, Groove, First Aid, Hot Spot & Streetwise

Abominus - Hun-Grrr, Blot, Cutthroat, Rippersnapper & Sinnertwin.

Bruticus - Onslaught, Blast Off, Vortex, Swindle & Brawl.

Computron - Scattershot, Afterburner, Strafe, Lightspeed & Nosecone.

Devastator - Scrapper, Bonecrusher, Scavenger, Mixmaster, Hook & Long Haul.

Superion - Air Raid, Firefight, Silverbolt, Skydive & Slingshot.

Menasor - Motormaster, Breakdown, Drag Strip, Wildrider & Dead End.

Predaking - Razorclaw, Divebomb, Headstrong, Tantrum & Rampage.

Piranacon - SnapTrap, Nautilator, Overbite, Seawing, Skalor & Tentakil.

Oh and I prefer

Dinoforce - Goryu, Kakuryu, Rairyu, Doryu, Yokuryu & Gairyu.

and King Poseidon as opposed to Piranacon(I have a MIB one in front of me....sweet toy).

What did the Transformer line originate from and what year did the first toy of the Transformer mold originate from?

Also, what were the American and Japanese pre-Transformer lines called?

Lastly, why didn't Jetfire and Shockwave have reissues made, especially given their popularity?

The ill Jedi said:
Ravage, Frenzy, Rumble, Laserbeak, Ratbat and Buzzsaw!! :rock

Haha, you suck Eli! And don't edit your post this time!! :lol

You forgot Slugfest and Overkill.:monkey3 :monkey3 :monkey3

:D

calloftheprimitives109.jpg

Eli26 said:
What did the Transformer line originate from and what year did the first toy of the Transformer mold originate from?

Lastly, why didn't Jetfire and Shockwave have reissues made, especially given their popularity?

Because Takara owns the mold for them?

Eli26 said:

Diaclone

Jetfire and Shockwave were both Toys from another line Not owned by Takara..
Jetfire was a Macross
Shockwave i cant remember..

Nightcrawler777 said:
Diaclone

Jetfire and Shockwave were both Toys from another line Not owned by Takara..
Jetfire was a Macross
Shockwave i cant remember..

You're very close. And well, you did get part of it. :)

Besides Optimus Prime, name some Robots from G1 that do not and / or never showed any sign of lip movement :D

Microman was another part of Eli's answer and Shockwave was made by a sompany called ToyCo and the company that produced Jetfire was bought out by Bandai meaning Takara could no longer produce Jetfire due to the Macross popularity resurgence.

Cool thread, to bad I have not been on much in the last week, would have been fun to play:monkey2

Anyway, cool thread TOE:rock

alphatyrant said:
Microman was another part of Eli's answer and Shockwave was made by a sompany called ToyCo and the company that produced Jetfire was bought out by Bandai meaning Takara could no longer produce Jetfire due to the Macross popularity resurgence.

Remember what year?

btw The American version was called Diakrone. Diaclone was the Takara Japanese version, which was derived from the Microman line. The Diaclone figures used sculpts from are now more popular G1 Transformer characters that came with little wee Micromen.

Also, did you know Radio Shack also had use of the Shockwave sculpt, except I forgot the name they used and they molded it in grey plastic vs. purple. Love that you got most of my answers. That was a doozy of a question eh? More to do with the toys past and were it originated from vs. asking stuff about the Transformer history in cartoon and comic lore.

Back