Time&Space Toys

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ifrack

Super Freak
Reaction score
Need help. Does anyone live near and do business with Time & Space Toys? I ordered BSG 12" figures way back. Never received. Amok Time says they are discontinued. Kevin Kreiss owner will not return calls/emails. He has $257.00 via paypal and now all I want is refund.

Last edited:
I pre-ordered night of the living dead figures from him and never received my last one that was released.I paid for them like two years ago but amok time released them late.No replies from him either.

Does anyone out there live close by to light a fire under his @#%$. He still has a webpage and is still taking preorders for the BSG figures.

Due to his lack of response. His business phone is out of service. I left messages on his cell phone and emailed him lots of times. He is currently closing one of his stores at a Monroeville Mall. (Spoke with mall store next to his)The bad thing he is still taking preorders for the BSG Amok Time Figures which were cancelled. I have sent a letter to the BBB but???
If anyone lived near the store in Zelienople, PA 16063 they could make personal contact for all those who have ordered the figures. There are probably a few more members who ordered these figures and will never see them or their monies. Attached is my order with them.

I have spoken to paypal but they have that 45 day you are SOL Policy. Trying to get them to open end filing compalints for preordered item to protect customers in cases like this.

PRE-ORDER: Battlestar GALA12LU 1 46.99
Galactica Lucifer 12"
Action Figure
PRE-ORDER: Battlestar GALA12BM 1 46.99
Galactica Boomer 12"
Action Figure
PRE-ORDER: Battlestar GALA12AT 1 46.99
Galactica Athena 12"
Action Figure
PRE-ORDER: Battlestar GALA12TI 1 46.99
Galactica Col. Tigh 12"
Action Figure
PRE-ORDER: Battlestar GALA12CC 1 46.99
Galactica Commander Cain
12" Action Figure
Subtotal 234.95
Shipping 22.95
Tax 0.00
Total 257.90

That was when I was young and dumb.... looking for help. I know it is sometimes a mistake to prepay for items. Who would think a well known business open since 1997 would screw you. I posted this for help and also to warn other members who have preordered goods from Time&Space Toys. I know there are a few out there. I read alot on the forum about why do you prepay for items. A lot of businesses out there handle preorder due to China manufacturing delays etc. Some only accept Paypal. What ever the reason being forwarned is a good thing. I am not looking for critism. I could have simply remained silent and ate the loss.

Last edited:
And I thought there were educated people on this forum. Getting personal shows alot about the author. It is not only about me getting scammed but abouting warning others....

I just received a email from Time&Space advising they would be issueing a refund. He in fact made the refund. All those in similar circumstances should also email him. It is hit and miss with preorder item in which you either want to make sure you get the item or at a lower price. I believe the board is a place for information and useful information. I have seen time and time again that the use of profanity or judgemental critism is the only means some posters have to communicate. These few ruin all the positive comments made to help those looking for advice to move forward in the hobby. The rule of thumb is "If you don't have anything positive to say then don't say anything" this does not mean you cannot give constructive critism but means leave the profanity out of the threads.... You are what you say..

Last edited:
Interesting read . . . thread . . .

I've met the guys from TIME & SPACE TOYS at MegaCon a couple of times. Nice and pleasant and they seemed very enthusiastic about the AMOK TIME or whatever BSG figures and offerings at the time way back when.

why would you pay for preorders?:huh

:lecture Agreed. Paying up front for a pre-order is like pre-paying for your meal when you make a reservation. What if your dinner plans change? What if the restaurant goes bankrupt before then?

:slapwhy not *********? after you've paid you're done and have nothing to worry about.

After making a comment like that to a long-time member, you deserve all the abuse you'll be getting... :mad:

Need help. Does anyone live near and do business with Time & Space Toys? I ordered BSG 12" figures way back. Never received. Amok Time says they are discontinued. Kevin Kreiss owner will not return calls/emails. He has $257.00 via paypal and now all I want is refund.

I pre-ordered all of those figures direct from Amok Time a few years ago. They have my order, but they won't get my money until the figures get shipped. Sadly, it appears that only the upgraded Cylon figures were ever released and it's looking more and more unlikely that the others will ever see the light of day.

:slapwhy not *********? after you've paid you're done and have nothing to worry about.

Clearly you possess a voice of vast wisdom and experience. Shall we add that to the growing list of strengths you seem to be exhibiting in all your posts?

EL SKUTTO I hope you all the luck. Since I got my information out and the fact the Amok Time has told me the line has been cancelled I will not be returning to this thread to view continued critism about preorders as I know most members at one time or another have preordered figures and HS. My comment was toward CLU who is a very angry man not to the CRAW and I apologize iif it was taken that way.

Last edited:
EL SKUTTO I hope you all the luck. Since I got my information out and the fact the Amok Time has told me the line has been cancelled I will not be returning to this thread to view continued critism about preorders. Those that feel they need to continue bantered about my choices.....Have fun

I think you're taking the comments here the wrong way. No one's bashed your choice of figures (heck, I want those classic BSG figures, too!), the argument seems to be in favour or against paying for pre-ordered items. :peace

I think you'll find the vast majority of us prefer not to pre-pay as there are just too many horror stories of products being cancelled, or companies going bankrupt, or fraudulent sales that it's better to be safe than sorry. Go check the feedback thread in the Commerce section if you want some examples.

Secondly, any reputable retailer, be they online or a brick and mortar store, will not charge you to pre-order something from them. I've never ordered through Time & Space toys, but I have dealt with Big Bad Toy Store and Toys2.net, and they only ever charge you once the item is in stock and ready to be shipped out to you. I would recommend you try to limit yourself to companies that don't force you to pre-pay if you want to avoid situations like the one you found yourself in, in the future.

The only person getting bashed in this thread is CLU, and that's for dissing a respected, long-time user.

Back