Threezero The X-Files Agent Dana Scully

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could just have a link to his post. I actually went through like a hundred people with his name and found him based on the tiny thumbnail in that pic and the pics weren’t even on his profile so he must have posted them to a group.

I could have but the link would have been useless to those who weren't in the group.

I’ve refrained from posting until now because I’ve been too disappointed to even discuss this. This is beyond words I’m actually shocked beyond belief that something like this can even happen. This stupid company has dropped right down to rock bottom in my book.

You want to know how underscaled eh?

Sorry sack of crap this figure is... E2A6CDE7-ED52-4C58-9015-CFCF6B2A8C25.jpg

They really need to work a little on skin texture. I don’t expect HT level work but that Scully looks a bit weird skin wise.

I’ve refrained from posting until now because I’ve been too disappointed to even discuss this. This is beyond words I’m actually shocked beyond belief that something like this can even happen. This stupid company has dropped right down to rock bottom in my book.

You want to know how underscaled eh?

Sorry sack of crap this figure is...View attachment 459619

Doesn't even look like you've git them lined up correctly. Scully clearly is behind Mulder and to side by side.

No dude it’s not perspective making it look that way or me deliberately trying to not line them up... not saying you were accusing me of that but believe me I’m not being a drama queen about this . Trust me this head is in a complete other scale.

Nothing can be done here, nothing can salvage it. I’m literally researching how to cast and enlarge a sculpt. I’ve never done any kind of casting in my life and don’t even know where to start. But nobody on the planet gives a **** about x-files so I know no third no party or sculptor will come to the rescue to get a new head going. I’m in disbelief that I don’t think I’ll have a scully to go wirh my mulder now.

Whatever the scale those paint apps aren't even close to each other. How tall is she against Mulder?

No dude it’s not perspective making it look that way or me deliberately trying to not line them up... not saying you were accusing me of that but believe me I’m not being a drama queen about this . Trust me this head is in a complete other scale.

Nothing can be done here, nothing can salvage it. I’m literally researching how to cast and enlarge a sculpt. I’ve never done any kind of casting in my life and don’t even know where to start. But nobody on the planet gives a **** about x-files so I know no third no party or sculptor will come to the rescue to get a new head going. I’m in disbelief that I don’t think I’ll have a scully to go wirh my mulder now.

Enlarging a head is easy but a hard to control process, at least in the traditional mold-making way.

Make a silicon cast the usual way. Remove the hs. Plunge the mold in turpentine and it will enlarge. Trouble is how long you need to plunge. You can only go by experimentation. Good side is when drying, it’ll go back to normal size, so you can experiment multiple times.

Their height difference is pretty major but she clearly has an average sized noggin.

xf-season-6-promo.jpg

XF-S2_204-sc21-RF_0003_hires2.jpg

Beyond disappointing and likely a cancel.

I'm sorry but thats hilarious. You should send her back and ask for a full refund. Maybe include a pic of mulder putting on a puppetshow with her on his leg.

Xfiles still has a large fanbase, these figures wouldn't have even been made if that wasn't the case. If there is enough interest I'm sure a sculptor could come up with a custom sculpt.

I always thought the GoT Daenerys sculpt was underscaled as well and looks tiny compared to Jon's sculpt. Scully looks just as bad.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No chance of threezero redoing the sculpt I take it?

only chance we have of this my friend is if we make a ton of noise. Public and directly to them.

I just sent their customer service team this email. Can I please ask all of you who are as devastated as I am to do something similar?

Dear threezero,

I’ve been a loyal customer to you for a long time now. Mostly because you carry many licenses that are near and dear to my heart, so I’ve bought many of your figures. Your product has never been perfect but I watched you improve significantly as of late. And I appreciate that.

When I got my Mulder I was pleasantly surprised,everything looked quite good. It made me anticipate Scully even more and the wait seem even longer,but I’d wait as long as it took as to get a quality product.

When I opened my Scully last night I was beyond devastated for what a poor item this is. To the point where I was shocked actually.

Especially after the delays I simply don’t see how something like this can happen.

I don’t take issue with the tailoring, the accessories or the packaging. My issue is that you have delivered me a figure that is not in 1/6 scale. The figure is so small that Scully looks like a child next to Mulder. Worse, a hobbit because her feet appear to actually be in the correct scale but her body and especially her head are not.

I’ve seen Big Chief redo send the customers new heads without paint scuffs. QMX redo a head and send it to customers with both paint and sculpt issues in their firefly and Star Trek lines.

If you were to reproduce and deliver a proper 1/6 scale head to replace this one the rest of the figure will actually be salvageable. As underscale as the body is, this head looks even too small for it. A proper scaled head may be all we need to make the figure work as the actress is very short anyways.

I’m incredibly unhappy with this figure and I want a return and refund, but now I have no Scully to go with my Mulder and without any other options, this is truly devastating. So what I really want is for you to come through and produce a new proper 1/6 scale head for it.

I look forward to your response.

Thank you,

Ray

Back