1/6 ThreeZero Robocop 2014

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, the black suit coupled with completely human movement just does not bode well. I'm not saying it should have been as clunky as the the original but he should still move more like a machine.

Such talent and resources wasted on such blasphemy.

There is only one RoboCop and that ain't it.

How is it a waste? There is a version for everyone. If you like the new version get it. If you like the original get the new HT one. :dunno

I don't see why everyone is all in a uproar over this movie. The original and it's bad sequels can be watched anytime.

How is it a waste? There is a version for everyone.

Yep. I've never gotten the uproar over having more options. As long as all versions are available I'm good. And for all the complaining over Robo 2014 and his bare hand if it weren't for him we wouldn't have this awesome new 4K Verhoeven RoboCop blu-ray or all these sweet new HT figures. RoboCop 3 is WAY more offensive than this reboot could ever be because it presented itself as an a connected part of the Verhoeven mythos. This new one will be its own thing and will either be awesome like Batman Begins (yeah I don't see that happening,) a mixed bag like MOS (probably), or awful and quickly forgotten like the new Red Dawn. No harm done regardless of how it rolls.

Even if the new one sucks I'm not always in the mood for just one version, even if it is a masterpiece. I don't watch BB all the time. Sometimes I like a little Burton or even Schumacher just for the lolz.

I for one am excited about both this figure and the new ED-209. From an aesthetic pt. of view, I think both look fantastic.

Having said that, I hated the training clip that was revealed. The synth rock score was horrible...goes to show you how important a score is to a movie.

Yep. I've never gotten the uproar over having more options. As long as all versions are available I'm good. And for all the complaining over Robo 2014 and his bare hand if it weren't for him we wouldn't have this awesome new 4K Verhoeven RoboCop blu-ray or all these sweet new HT figures. RoboCop 3 is WAY more offensive than this reboot could ever be because it presented itself as an a connected part of the Verhoeven mythos. This new one will be its own thing and will either be awesome like Batman Begins (yeah I don't see that happening,) a mixed bag like MOS (probably), or awful and quickly forgotten like the new Red Dawn. No harm done regardless of how it rolls.

Even if the new one sucks I'm not always in the mood for just one version, even if it is a masterpiece. I don't watch BB all the time. Sometimes I like a little Burton or even Schumacher just for the lolz.

It won't let me rep you again but good post. Puts a positive spin on things.

I just hate that hand. Thought about this today talking to a buddy. I don't think I would have a problem with it if He had his human torso, that arm and his head. I guess thats more six million dollar man tho.

It won't let me rep you again but good post. Puts a positive spin on things.

I just hate that hand. Thought about this today talking to a buddy. I don't think I would have a problem with it if He had his human torso, that arm and his head. I guess thats more six million dollar man tho.

What I don't get is, at SDCC last year, Joel Kinnaman said that he was a robot from the neck down, so how the hell does he still have that one normal hand???!!

Such talent and resources wasted on such blasphemy.

There is only one RoboCop and that ain't it.

:exactly: If they had just not called this robocop it wouldn't be so bad. If this was just some cool sci-fi movie with a guy
in a battle-suit killing bad guys it would be cool i think. The problem also being that peter weller, kurtwood smith, and ronny
cox's characters and performances of said characters is also what made robocop great. You can't duplicate that. :lecture

Found this little review on youtube where this guy made a custom using a cheap 20 dollar figure, did a cool paint job and a few mods, looks pretty cool, not amazing but cool none the less.

Found this little review on youtube where this guy made a custom using a cheap 20 dollar figure, did a cool paint job and a few mods, looks pretty cool, not amazing but cool none the less.

Think I saw that figure at toys r us yesterday

Think I saw that figure at toys r us yesterday

I haven't been to TRU in a while, not really interested in in doing this myself but I do enjoy checking peoples ideas out. I'm all in for the hot toys robocop figures, I'll have to see the new movie to see if its something I want to collect, if so I may look into the Threezero figure.

I haven't been to TRU in a while, not really interested in in doing this myself but I do enjoy checking peoples ideas out. I'm all in for the hot toys robocop figures, I'll have to see the new movie to see if its something I want to collect, if so I may look into the Threezero figure.

LOL Im terrible at any aspect of customizing unless I want it to look worse. So I have to stick to the expensive figs :)

LOL Im terrible at any aspect of customizing unless I want it to look worse. So I have to stick to the expensive figs :)

I hear ya, I bash figures every now an then, I'm no master but I do ok. I would rather just buy the full figures too, I've been cutting down bashes do to a lack of space, I find that even when figures come with an alt head I tend to leave it in box half the time due to no room to display another figure LOL.

You know, I'm still holding out hope. Three Zero is capable of some really awesome stuff, so if the movie can somehow turn out better than expected I might have to give one of these a try. Plus, if they add the bike... well, I'm a sucker for figure and bike sets.

Just watched a whole bunch of clips from the movie and also vids filmed back stage. Hasn't made the film look any better.

Here's the Square Enix Play Arts Kai versions of the 1.0 and 3.0 suits.

Not bad.

140811d1383920898-robocop-2014-play-arts-kai-new-photos-1robonewa.jpg

140831d1383920898-robocop-2014-play-arts-kai-new-photos-1robonew2.jpg

Another thing I think is funny on the new suit. You can clearly tell the "robot" hand is much larger and simply a glove from the trailer. Its like they had the glove off one day and the director loved the look or something.

Maybe they will surprise us tho and say the hand is just synthetic flesh covered like a terminator. Having it that way for interaction purposes, shaking hands etc. Of course it still looks small.

It's probably partially because I'm a fan of the original film but I'm not really feeling this suit being black. The trailer where he's wearing the prototype suit and it's silver looks a lot better to me. For some reason the black just seems kind of blah looking and I don't really care for the red visor. The bare hand I have mixed opinions about, it doesn't seem like a huge deal but it's also one of those things where you wonder why that particular choice was made and it looks kind of odd. I don't think this version of Robocop gets as messed up as Murphy did in the original film so maybe more of his body is in tact within the suit or something but even so I dunno.

The 1.0 suit looks awesome! Why the **** could they had not just used that SUIT? It actually looks like a robocop to me.
I might buy the 1.0 figure as it looks like a new sleek take on the old suit.

Back