Action Figure Threezero: Fallout 4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprise at my door today! Great engineering on this. Feels real solid. I am however, concerned about the inner rubber. It's funny, the wanderer headsculpt reminds me of Peter Serafinowicz. Like... A lot.

Why is it so hard to use rubber that lasts on these figures? If it's a bad material by its nature, I'm surprised these companies keep using it. I mean, if the rubber suits can't last long enough to travel from China to the US, it's time to find something else, even some sort of cloth might have been better.

Sweet dio materiahunter :clap The kids had mine waiting for me when I got home from work(I love surprises like that) I have to say that this thing is so freaking awesome and I am soooooo happy I got the ex with the mini gun, it really makes the figure :lecture I honestly don't see this guy ever leaving my collection, freaking amazing and complex, this is the first figure that I have had to look at the instructions for :lol Love this thing tho, here is a quick pic of mine.....

image.jpg

Add me to the group whose figure has cracked rubber. I'm not certain, but some of the cracks on mine kind of look like they were weathered over, making me think they may have came from stretching the rubber while putting on the suit. Or do we just know by now with rubber on these figures that the rubber is already breaking down on them? And, should I expect this just to get worse?

suit_cracking0.jpg

suit_cracking1.jpg

Last edited:
Stupid question...perhaps this is intentional to go with the weathering? Crazy if so...but I hate to see this on a brand new figure. Anyone considered cutting seams into the rubber to relieve stress on the sections? The fact that those sections aren't simply plastic joints baffles me. One simply needs to look at the armies of Iron Men to see it's feasible.

I just looked over the rubber on mine and it looked good to me, but honestly even if it had signs of cracks or something it wouldn't really bother me too much because I don't ever plan on selling this and even tho I really like all the detail three zero put into making the framework for the power armor, I would never display him like that and you can't see any of those areas with the plates on. Having said that, of course it would have been better if threezero used something that would have stood the test of time better, hopefully it's not a problem for all but even if it is, it would never make me get rid of this awesome figure.

I just looked over the rubber on mine and it looked good to me, but honestly even if it had signs of cracks or something it wouldn't really bother me too much because I don't ever plan on selling this and even tho I really like all the detail three zero put into making the framework for the power armor, I would never display him like that and you can't see any of those areas with the plates on. Having said that, of course it would have been better if threezero used something that would have stood the test of time better, hopefully it's not a problem for all but even if it is, it would never make me get rid of this awesome figure.

EXACTLY! I got mine and it does have some cracks but it's nothing that takes away from the figure. Nothing was out of place and I'm fine with the figure. It gets 4/4 stars from me. It looks awesome with the minigun. So glad I ordered this directly from ThreeZero. This is just a minor issue to me compared to when I bought my first high-end figure back in 2008 which was the first version of the Joker from Hot Toys which looked NOTHING like Heath Ledger; I had to spend another $60 on Ebay to get the first deluxe version Joker head with the moving eyes to just get a figure that actually looked right. You gotta look at it this way: is it a glaring issue that people can see when you display your figure? No.

I'm not concerned with the appearance of the tiny little cracks on mine right now. I am concerned that if it has cracks like this having just been opened, what will it look like in a year? Will it not be cracks anymore, but now degraded into tears? And even then we'll say it's acceptable? What about if it starts to crumble off in chunks at the slightest touch? There is after all some areas of suit exposure on the back of the figure. And, sure, the armor covers up a lot of it on the T-45, but the T-60 has exposed abs and sides and will not hide it so well. And, having problem areas covered up is no excuse for a figure with this much obvious care, attention to detail, development time, and flat out love that 3zero put into it, to be spoiled by rubber. That's my two cents on it. I have a number of figures, and this is my favorite of them all. It's also the one I'm now the most concerned about lasting.

Why companies continue to roll the dice on rubber suits, after all the hassle Hot Toys and other companies have gone through trying to get it right, is beyond me. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. The problem is, we're the ones that will be going insane if the day comes when your favorite Fallout figure is covered in rubber tears.

Last edited:
Finally got him on Saturday. Can't be happier. I have to say for this price it is really a bargain comparing to Starcraft II's figure (Jim Raynor is in one of the pictures below). Sure SC2's figure is bigger, taller, heavier and have more bells and whistles, but the QC for that figure was at best....poor. ThreeZero did a good job on this Fallout 4 figure. It feels solid. Details are wonderful. I love I get to put on the power armor pieces myself. The interesting thing is, Jim Raynor, the Sole Survivor, and T-800 all are 1/6 scale figures, but look at there size different. (I know why, but it's just interesting to see the size differences). Unfortunately, I'm running out of places to display my new figures. The temporary solution is to move away a few of my WoW figures and cram him in the corner.

hkdLzNX.jpg

xwVxgAx.jpg

OkLsK6z.jpg

oJFzmrq.jpg

3MB9g12.jpg

l9PAUUy.jpg

8aQibQR.jpg

BpA0wv1.jpg

MrBOiGZ.jpg

ZY65ZZX.jpg

ItkLaQx.jpg

iNMG1fc.jpg

1qTz90l.jpg

XcpVz6n.jpg

khMeaC8.jpg

zm8cYYe.jpg

By the way, the exclusive edition came with the mini-gun. It looks smaller than all of the SC2 figure's weapons. I was hoping I could give it to Tychus, but at this point I'm not sure. I will give it a try when I have more space to display him. He is still in the box at the moment.

If anyone is having any buyers remorse with the rubber issue and may be looking for someone to buy the exclusive off of you, or if you are going to be selling the mini gun, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks

I would hope everyone is emailing/posting on FB/calling 3Z about the cracks even if they're happy. Buyers need to make a point about this.

I notified them. I sent photos and made my case about not using rubber. They offered to pay for me to return it for refund if not happy. Of course that won't be happening. But yes, I agree they have to be told since feedback is the only way anything ever changes. If they don't get it, they'll think there are no issues to report.

When I notified ThreeZero of the rubber issue and sent photos, they apologized and offered to pay full return postage and provide a full refund. My reply was "Go to hell." Well, not really. But, that is what came to mind.

The rubber is disconcerting, and we'll have to keep our fingers crossed I guess. I hope it works out for all of us who have any amount of cracking. Those who don't, keep an eye on it please and let us know if it shows up. If it was from putting on the rubber suits, or perhaps the hot cargo container ride by ship out in the Pacific sun, I'm hoping it is as bad as it's going to get.

I do plan to complain if it happens to mine. If enough people complain, hopefully they'll fix it for the T-60.

Back