Thinkway Toy Story Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2-7.jpg

Buzz and Woody

Just picked these guys up form Walmart... Im going to try and find a few more of the key charcters as well...

I was just thinking, it's very likely that we won't be getting a TSC Twitch, Chunk, or Sparks. So we might be (possibly) be getting cheaper versions of some characters.

.(Hopefully) Hamm
.(Hopefully) Slinky Dog
.Rocky Gibraltar
.Snake
.Rock 'N' Robot
.Wheezy
.Trixie
.Mr.Prickle pants

I still think that there will be a TSC Zurg, Stinky Pete, and Mrs.Potato Head. I'm still hoping that there will be cheap versions of Mr and Mrs Potato Head.

Last edited:
We just picked out Woody and we are trying to get all of these for my son who is the biggest Toy Story fan out there I think. I know these are collectors items but I don't have any problems giving them to a kid to play with (kind of the point to the movie really).

We just picked out Woody and we are trying to get all of these for my son who is the biggest Toy Story fan out there I think. I know these are collectors items but I don't have any problems giving them to a kid to play with (kind of the point to the movie really).

I think these are perfect for kids, especially Woody(Buzz is a little heavy I think for most kids to carry around).

I remember seeing a kid dragging his TSC Woody along at the TS1+2 3D double feature last year. It made me D'awww hard, and was what probably got me to buy mine. Always wanted one as a kid.

Yah, these are totally toys so don't feel ashamed to give them to a kid. In fact, that's probaby why I'm not loving this line as much as I thought I would.

They're making toys. Buzz was a toy and a totally acurate movie memorabilia at the same time. The 2nd version Bucket of Soldiers are also great, as is RC.

Everything else that followed was more "toy" in a sense that they either don't look like they should (woody) or can't move their mouth (rex), have long legs and eyes stuck together (potato head), etc ... and though they claim to be made using Pixar data, they really didn't give us "andy's toys".

I want these to be more like the living, breathing characters that we see in the films. The sound chips in the toys help bridge that gap but without poseability, it's kind of a waste.

I just opened Jessie today and was really disappointed. And not just in her awful voice... but with her look. She just doesn't look like the Jessie in the movies. Her hair doesn't appear long enough either.

I would love to be able to have a Jessie doll that can stand independenty without a display stand... and also posed with Buzz or Woody or with anyone.

I still haven't had my Woody stood up yet. Still refusing to use the stand. I want to keep Woody as perfect as I can for as long as I can!

Coheteboy, I totally understand where you're coming from, as the inaccuracies bug me too. Unfortunately what is happening is there are two groups of people who are predominantly buying these toys. You have people like yourself who would prefer to have the toys as they appear when Andy isn't in the room and they have a life of their own, and then you have the other group who wants the exact toys that Andy has when he is in the room and playing with them, meaning that they can't do everything that they do on their own. With this being the case, Thinkway can't favor one group over another, as they are a business and they like to make money, and who doesn't nowadays? I am grateful to them for making the effort to produce these toys, and I think what they have done by creating toys that are as close to the "Toy Mode" as possible, while still adding aspects that can be used for the "Alive Mode" is a great move for them that will please the most people possible. Obviously there are those of us who still want our more accurate toys, but unfortunately I don't think we will get better toys in the near future.

This guy on pixar planet easily has the best collection your'll ever see, thought I'd pass it along here.

107.jpg

It consists of both official and custom pieces.

a copy and paste from one of his posts.
Rocky was made by medicom and sold only in Japan back in the mid 90s. I got him off of eBay 4-5 years ago. I repainted him. But about 100 pages ago in this thread (or in the replicas thread, who can remember that far back?) it was determined that Rocky should actually be just just shy of Buzz's height, somewhere in the 10-12 inch range. This one is six.

Coheteboy, I totally understand where you're coming from, as the inaccuracies bug me too. Unfortunately what is happening is there are two groups of people who are predominantly buying these toys. You have people like yourself who would prefer to have the toys as they appear when Andy isn't in the room and they have a life of their own, and then you have the other group who wants the exact toys that Andy has when he is in the room and playing with them, meaning that they can't do everything that they do on their own. With this being the case, Thinkway can't favor one group over another, as they are a business and they like to make money, and who doesn't nowadays? I am grateful to them for making the effort to produce these toys, and I think what they have done by creating toys that are as close to the "Toy Mode" as possible, while still adding aspects that can be used for the "Alive Mode" is a great move for them that will please the most people possible. Obviously there are those of us who still want our more accurate toys, but unfortunately I don't think we will get better toys in the near future.

Yah it's a difficult balance. But based on John Lasseter videos about this series, these are supposed to be THE toys that Andy bought. So if they did do that, I would love it if they were more faithful to the "dead" versions of the toys.

I would love it if every toy wasn't JAM-PACKED with electronics. It's great for Buzz to be as cool as he is and of course we need Woody and Jessie to have the pull string action. And of course it would help if they had the original sayings from the film.

My point is, Thinkway is trying to please both camps while pleasing neither. I would be fine with these being the 'dead' versions of the toys if they just did that completely. But by changing the expressions and adding electronics to make them "alive"... I'd want a little poseability.

Back