They're at It Again...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sueworld

Super Freak
Reaction score
I see that the same old group who recast the old Buffy PF are at it again, this time with the new statute version (which they've managed to transform quite grotesquely imo) and I also couldn't help but notice they've still selling the old PF version on there too. :slap

https://www.repliga.com/#!store/productsstackergalleryv21=41

screenshot0199.jpg

Last edited:
I'm amazed they left the stake as a stake. I just don't understand what excites some people.

It it weird that what bothers me the most is that they haven't re-painted that horrible yellow hair? If anything, it looks like they made her hair even more unflattering.

What a waste of a statue. I still don't have one and people out there are turning them into crap like this. At least make it worth while if you're gonna modify it, not make it into garbage!

AND AT LEAST FIX THE HAIR!

Somehow I don't think they're worried about the aesthetics of the piece. They just want yet another figure they can stick big tits on. :gah:

Also what gets me is look at the damn price! You'd think for such an obvious rip off It would be cheaper.

Haha X. Fix the hair indeed!

But these are pretty much a turn off for me. But you know there are so many pervs out there. I know people who turn their Ms. Marvel statue backwards just so they can see her a__. My last boss did it and it turned me off more than you can know. These are a whole new level of gross for me.

Why would anyone waste their time recasting this?

It's not that I don't love Buffy or this piece, but I've always felt any recast was a waste of money and time for both parties. I'll never understand the market for this kind of thing.

Haha X. Fix the hair indeed!

But these are pretty much a turn off for me. But you know there are so many pervs out there. I know people who turn their Ms. Marvel statue backwards just so they can see her a__. My last boss did it and it turned me off more than you can know. These are a whole new level of gross for me.

That's unnecassary. People have different tastes. Some people like butts and big boobs. As long as you don't hurt anyone to get off, who cares? :peace

To put it into perspective, for some people, doing it any other way than missionary style is perverted and will get you sent to Hell. They get so mad about something as innocent as doggy style. Not sure what they would say about bunch of people who are fans of a chick who has sex with animated corpses, A.K.A. vampires. :wink1:

God knows what they would think of what I'm into... :rotfl

That's unnecassary. People have different tastes. Some people like butts and big boobs. As long as you don't hurt anyone to get off, who cares?

Oh I get that, hell I'm a slash gal after all, but I deeply despise shoving large boobs onto characters who never had them, and SMG is very petite all over so these monstrosities have no place on her.

That's unnecassary. People have different tastes. Some people like butts and big boobs. As long as you don't hurt anyone to get off, who cares? :peace

Because there is a strong element of misogyny at work in these pieces, namely a strong female character is hyper-sexualised to put her in her place. And misogyny hurts real women in real life because those attitudes leak through into everyday behaviour.

If someone took a Samuel L. Jackson figure and made him into one of those jockey lawn ornaments or some other racist expression, we would not even be having a discussion of whether or not it is offensive.

But take a woman and distort her body and reduce her sexuality to a twisted fantasy and suddenly 'tolerance' kicks in.

Because there is a strong element of misogyny at work in these pieces, namely a strong female character is hyper-sexualised to put her in her place. And misogyny hurts real women in real life because those attitudes leak through into everyday behaviour.

If someone took a Samuel L. Jackson figure and made him into one of those jockey lawn ornaments or some other racist expression, we would not even be having a discussion of whether or not it is offensive.

But take a woman and distort her body and reduce her sexuality to a twisted fantasy and suddenly 'tolerance' kicks in.

Yeah, to me, in this case at the very least, big boobs are just big boobs. And until otherwise proven, I'm going to assume that while the creators of this piece doesn't respect copyright law and that the actress might not want to be portrayed this way, they're not doing this to put Buffy in her place. I'm going to assume they created something they thought would sell. Maybe even something they themselves found hot. Thinking they did it to say something about the character might be assuming too much.

But that is just my interpretation. However, I want to say that I think this piece is much more open to interpretation than a clearly racist piece(not that I know what kind of lawn ornament or jockey you meant), so I'm not bothered. It could be sexist, or just meant to titilate.

Just my 2 cents. This is a thorny subject.

Oh god this!

Back