The Walking Dead -Velvet Morning heads/Kato outfit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - by Velvet Morning & Kato - ONE HEAD DONE! PG. 26!

The Outfit-Budget Version
No huge surprise here, our favorite TV Sheriff wears... a sheriff's uniform. A khaki colored shirt with brown epaulettes and pockets, brown pants with a khaki stripe and a black basket weave duty belt.
Episode-4-Rick-760-The-Walking-Dead-500x351.jpg
the-walking-dead-rick-horse.jpg
walking-dead-rick.jpg

(If you're getting the outfit from Kato, skip to the upcoming post about the duty belt.)

So if you've got a large stash of military gear, there's a strong chance you'll be able to find a khaki shirt and pants in your stuff and a quick dunk in brown dye will make the khaki pants into brown pants. If you don't have a stockpile of stuff laying around, then the easiest and possibly cheapest option is hunting down BBI's Los Angeles County Sheriff Officer Burns.
LASD+box.jpg

This is an older figure that can be found for anywhere from 40-80 dollars MIB and parted out several places. His shirt and belt are the right style and color and while his pants are an olive green, a soak in in bleach then dye should fix that. Another less accurate(but inexpensive) option is the Deluxe Sheriff Uniform Set available at Cotswold. The shirt is long sleeved and the trim/pants are olive but the basic shapes are there and the hard to find belt full of goodies is included.
GIECU-42.jpeg

Modification
Whether you go with any of the options listed above or pull together something else, there will have to be modifications made. Starting with the pants, you'll need to add a stripe down the leg. The easiest way to do this is with ribbon, just find 1/4 inch wide ribbon in khaki (or white if you can't find any the matches your shirt then tea dye it) and attach it to your pants using fabric glue or iron on hem tape. To color the epaulettes and pockets, tape off the rest of the shirt with painter's tape and use a fabric marker to carefully color them the correct brown.

I do have a question. I know the badge will be sculpted but what about the collar pins and nametag. The name tag could be fudged but those collar insignia would be a pain to fake.

Is it too late for me to get into this project guys? :dunno I'm a HUGE fan of The Walking Dead! I'd love to have a great custom 1/6 scale figure of the good sheriff Rick Grimes! Please let me know if I can still get in on this. :pray: Thanks! :wave

The advanced body is PERFECT for Rick. That is a waste of a muscle body IMO.

The advanced body is PERFECT for Rick. That is a waste of a muscle body IMO.

Well you know what, Tom. You're WRONG WRONG WRONG. :lol:lol:lol Just kidding, the advanced TT body is probably perfect for Rick's build. I just think the sculpted arms look nicer. I posted it before but I modified a regular TT to have muscle arms and it looks great, I think.

Well you know what, Tom. You're WRONG WRONG WRONG. :lol:lol:lol Just kidding, the advanced TT body is probably perfect for Rick's build. I just think the sculpted arms look nicer. I posted it before but I modified a regular TT to have muscle arms and it looks great, I think.

I am NEVER wrong!!! (Bold, italic, underline!!!)

I think the muscle bodies are just too buff for Rick. Rick is a tiny sort of fellow.
The sculpted forearms would be a nice touch though.

I'll be going for this though so I don't need the arms sculpted.
walking-dead-rick.jpg

I am NEVER wrong!!! (Bold, italic, underline!!!)

I think the muscle bodies are just too buff for Rick. Rick is a tiny sort of fellow.
The sculpted forearms would be a nice touch though.

I'll be going for this though so I don't need the arms sculpted.
walking-dead-rick.jpg

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

That should look sick, you really put together a nice looking figure.

You are telling that i don't know what i am talking about :lol:lol:lol:wave

:lol Too true.

I think at least the advanced arms are too small for Rick. He needs the muscle body forearms at least.

And where is the police jacket going to come from? Its Kato making that too? I tried the T-1000 one, but its just way too small to work.

Wow I remember hearing about this a while back! It looks great!

Please add my name to Kato's UNIFORM LIST. I'm also in for an unpainted set of both Hat and Hair sculpts. Deposit on its way to Scott now...

Thanks!

You got it Mud. Welcome aboard. :duff

Thanks! I've been away for a while... good thing I happened to find this thread in time! :rock

Btw, I found this Colt Python .357 lurking in one of my parts boxes. Would this be suitable for Rick's service pistol? It looks pretty close to the one in the pic below...

P1010145.jpg

AA4.jpg

Where did you get that? I have been looking for a Colt Python.

Where did you get that? I have been looking for a Colt Python.

I bought this one years ago. It was made by Shinko Model Co. in Japan. I just checked and they still make them under the "Next One" brand. There's a message on the site that says they're not set up for online sales yet, so it looks like they only go mail order at the moment. Anyway, here's a link. Mine was a blued version, but it looks like they only come in black and silver (nickel) versions now.

If enough people were interested in these we might be able to put together a group order for some of these later on.

https://www.shinko-model.co.jp/htmls/gun-009.html
https://www.shinko-model.co.jp/htmls/gun-008.html

great find, Mudshark. I'm in for getting one if you can help with the ordering process.

Update: Sorry for the delay on these guys, I've been having some trouble with getting the badge completed because the molding material I was using hasn't been setting right. I need to get a fresh batch before I can continue or try something else.
It's all very close though!

I bought this one years ago. It was made by Shinko Model Co. in Japan. I just checked and they still make them under the "Next One" brand. There's a message on the site that says they're not set up for online sales yet, so it looks like they only go mail order at the moment. Anyway, here's a link. Mine was a blued version, but it looks like they only come in black and silver (nickel) versions now.

If enough people were interested in these we might be able to put together a group order for some of these later on.

https://www.shinko-model.co.jp/htmls/gun-009.html
https://www.shinko-model.co.jp/htmls/gun-008.html

Nice Dru! I'd be interested in one as well.

Last edited:
Back