The Walking Dead -Velvet Morning heads/Kato outfit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: The Walking Dead - by Velvet Morning & Kato

The necks on the muscle bodies are indeed a little thicker. The ball joints are all the same, but the actual girth of the neck is bigger. So that generally means most heads just meant for the regular ball joint sit too high because the hole isn't deep enough. But any head made for this type of neck should work just fine on a regular long TT neck. So I guess the biggest thing we need to decided is neck or no neck right now.

The police belt is still a problem though. There are only 2 on ebay that I can see. We need 15. Even if the T-1000 belts have come down in price, they aren't going up in quantity anymore. So we do need to find an alternate source for belts I think.

And Rick does appear to be wearing Cowboy boots

the-walking-dead-rick-horse.jpg

walking-dead-tv-episode-2-screenshot-glenn-rick.jpg

I can find 4 on US ebay of the T-1000 Belts.

And I already have one so 14 minus anyone else who may already have one.

Other companies like Dragon and BBI have made LAPD officers with Duty Belts. It really shouldn't be too difficult.

A1-3.jpg

You can probably score a full figure like that for about $15 from 21st Century Ultimate Soldier or w/e.

I too would love to have this figure, but the price is a little steep for me right now

I'd need to see the sculpt first I'd go with unpainted though, but there is no way I could afford one of Kato's outfits. I'm with the list of people who'd like to see a sculpted hat.

This is a question asked purely out of curiosity, but is Kato really needed for a project like this? It's just a short sleeve shirt and a simple pair of trousers. Having that done by the 1/6 equivalent of a high fashion designer seems like overkill. :dunno

No offense but if it's simple trousers and a short sleeve shirt why aren't they readily available in thousands of market released figures, or why not fashion your own from existing shirts?

I'm sure Kato could go into more detail, but the shirt is pretty much as complicated as a short sleeve shirt can be, very sharp collar and cut is important to police and military, they have dress standards. It has 2 pockets, with complicated cut designs, shoulder epaulets, patches etc.

I and others want the best possible from a custom figure or else why even bother? Its not every day people complain that the best in the buissness is involved so I guess I'm a bit perplexed here... :dunno

Fair enough. It just didn't look like the type of outfit that needed that level of firepower so to speak. I'll leave you to it.

It just didn't look like the type of outfit that needed that level of firepower so to speak.

There are not a ton of options out there for 12" tailoring.

What you gotta understand is, this project took time to get togeather even this far. I didn't just wake up and start and interest thread, I have been speaking with sculptors and tailors for months trying to get this project off the ground for all of us. Alot of people here are very busy with jobs and then they're own projects in this scale, so commissions come in between that if were lucky. It takes convincing to get anyone, let alone two artists so talented on board with everything they have going. Which is also why I say this will likely be our best shot at a Rick figure.

Looks like it'll be great, but money wise I just can't do it right now. I'll take my chances down the road. With the popularity of the series now, I don't see it hitting it's hight until season 2 or 3, fairly sure there will be a few more options by then. For those who are getting this though I can't wait to see pics

I would like to please be provisionally in on this if possible, based on final sculpt, price, etc.

the walking dead is just amazing, i have the comis and was a fan since they came out.cant wait for season 2

Another bump.

Hmm.. I might be interested in both sets, but I have planned on sculpting the Grimes head for myself. I'll get you back on that one.

But the clothing is something I would want. You told me Kato will sell the shirt only, right ? If so, depending on the final price, I'm in for the shirt only. Put me down provisionally please.

I would like to clarify that I won't provide the hat, belt and badges as they are out of my ability.

Thanks, No worries Kato, Scott is sculpting the badges and I think we may go with a sculpted hat at this point since that seems to be the preferance of most.

Guys good news about the duty belt looky here :

https://cgi.ebay.com/Dragon-12-NYPD...415?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item230cdaaa5f

Seems like that duty belt from other pics I googled should work.

https://toyhaven.blogspot.com/2008/03/nypd-esu-winona-by-dragon-2000.html

This guy has six of these in stock and its best offer.

Re: The Walking Dead - by Velvet Morning & Kato - NEWS PG.6

This is Awesome!!!! I'd love to have a Rick Grimes figure will the clothing set inculde the hat to?

Re: The Walking Dead - by Velvet Morning & Kato - NEWS PG.6

No, the hat will probably be sculpted on the head or be a variant, so you can choose between hatted, or just hair. Waiting to hear from Scott about our options but the hat would come with the sculpt, not the clothing. Thanks.

Back