Action Figure The Walking Dead - McFarlane Toys - 7" Color Tops Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why did they give Abraham that outfit. IMO it would effect sales. He should have been what we first saw him wearing tank top and army fatigues.

Or maybe even his outfit from the Season 6 finale, considering we got a 5" figure of his first appearance and they are sticking to more recent looks for their figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was a good choice I like it. My tru sold out of him within day 1. The rest of the series lies there not being sold even Daryl.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Nice looking figures made less nice looking by the articulation joints....

The Walking Dead - McFarlane Toys - 7" Color Tops Collection

Nice looking figures made less nice looking by the articulation joints....

That's the whole stupid thing about this style of figures. They're basically statues with useless cut joints. Either go all in and give us an actual action figure with proper joints to get a variety of poses, or just make a seamless looking statue. Don't go in the middle or you end up with these figures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just came back from a little trip to Paris and had chance to see these all figures in person (except Carl) in an awesome figure shop named Lulu Berlu. Definitely can recommend the place, if you happen to visit in France. :) I bought this Daryl figure for a little "souvenier" for myself and I was happy to be able to get him in good price without any shipping and customs fees, and even more to get to pick the one I liked best. There were two Daryls and definitely one had like a slightly smilier look and another a bit more squinty eyes. I think the shop owners were laughing at me just a little for choosing so carefully by the face. ;) But I was really happy for having him. This figure really has the best likeness of the Norman Reedus face of all the different Daryl figures I saw there.

I just agree ShadowGuardian, that for the same trouble of making a figure, why not to make it well jointed? I would like this figure series so much more if they were totally moveable, like the little Daryl I have, which is totally poseable even being much smaller in size. But I still like this one better with moving head and arms than being totally still statue. For the leg cuts I don´t see a point, as you really can´t move them much anyways.

To mention, I think Michonne was really nicely done too, but she has the sword pose and was useless for me, as it is not able to pose in another way.

And seeing the Abraham figure in person, the coat makes him really look like a toy. The promo pics were much better. With so much fine details in other figures, I wonder how they settled for that kind of result with him?

I hope they would do a sweet looking Carol next. A Carol and Morgan (or Ezekiel) set from season 7 might be fun. ;) And cute little Judith! So far the Carl looks impressive with the likeness. I hope the figure will look like that in person, too.

Nice review^^^^ sounds like a cool store. I always pic the best paint apps in person as well, you are not alone..lol.

As I posted before, Abraham looks like a happy meal toy, it looks like you had the same opinion after seeing it in person..

I took a pic of him today. ;)

31397475861_88d0df843a_z.jpg

"Well done, Daryl, you´ll nail it in no time!"

This figure has very limited posing possibilities, but I knew he could hold something else than only the crossbow. Thanks for the help, Kermit. :)

Thanks a lot, ApeManRyan! :D I will need to find out what else he can do than play banjo and shoot with the crossbow. ;)

Looks like Negan is coming to the line.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Gail ann Hurd.
Producer of the terminator and the walking dead, just saying...
FB_IMG_1481684817283.jpg

I would be happy if McFarlane just comitted to full statue on this one, but sadly, they will attempt half ass articulation.
I adjusted the photo to show the type of innovative joints McFarlane considers to be articulation.
FB_IMG_1481684817283_20161214083715506.jpg

I just wonder, what does it help to make such joints that don´t exactly move the figure anyway? Like with Daryl, the movement is so little, it probably would be easier just to make it as a figure.

But still I must admit that I like even the small hand movements Daryl has, and that his head moves and the crossbow is removeable. The leg joints have not much use. Totally still figure is a bit boring if one wants to do anything else than display it.

I sort of get Daryl's bit of articulation for the crossbow but it just made the Rick figure look ugly (not to mention what the hell is he doing in that pose) I'm excited for Negan though, hopefully they just go full statue.

Back