The waitlist is GREAT!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Wait List Issues

I am intrested in knowing how or why a certain item is open for waitlisting adn why some are not...there are some long since sold out and highly sought after items open for waitlisting and it seems strange. Why are some waitlisted and others not?
Could there possibly be old stock and if there is a possiblility, why not dig in there and find them? They are obviously going to sell immediately!
Seems...Odd...and there is this little glimmer of hope when placing a reservation for the waitlist....but some of that stuff is so long since sold out...

I dunno... :dunno

" We show that you have an order in our system, T251909, for 1 Gimli statue. Due to an error in our online ordering system our inventory showed this item as available after it had in fact sold out. We have absolutely no stock remaining of this item unfortunately. "

I got that mail too Fanatykk...

:x

i got the same a while back reguarding an orc warrior statue i got offered from the list.
it really sucks, but what can ya do!

Well done chicky..... I think you guys do try your best and will always do what is right..... :dance

Its sad to see someone who genuinely needs a piece miss out... I am a completist and i know what it means to me to be missing a piece and having to pay ebay top dollar.....

Where do old items come from ? I will hazzard a guess could be old stock from distributors who didnt sell (went broke what eva reason here.... ) possibly returns from customers who had been credited rather than recieving replacement ?

Ie customer recieves broken gimli, product returned. Customer recieves money back. Sideshow now has a gimli number that can be replaced, repaired etc... Makes sense to me this theory

Although i dont really know.... this seems feasable...

Michael

The fact is Sideshow didn't cancelled a Wait List submission (I know Wait list doesn't mean I WILL get the item), but an order placed. That is why I am very disapointed.
I will get in touch with the customers service.
Thanks a lot for your answers.

PS : I hope a company like Sideshow will be able to avoid working with blind people for the stock management in the future :xmas

Wait List to an order

I hope I was able to clear up some questions that everyone had. As I said before we do try to place pieces if we can through the wait list. When a wait list request is converted to an order, that order can only be honored if there is stock available for it. Thus an order from a wait list request can at times be canceled if there is inventory issues and it does not have the same standing as an order that is placed when the item is in pre-order or in stock status that we can guarantee to fill.

We understand that these situations are frustrating for our collectors, however they are inevitable with this type of service which tries to fulfill small quantities. Overall, we hope that the good this service provides outweighs the sporadic issues that we have encountered.

Best,
Chicky

Re: Wait List to an order

Chicky > You said :"When a wait list request is converted to an order, that order can only be honored if there is stock available for it"

Don't you think it would be better to check the stock BEFORE converting a wait list request into an order placed ????

Ie customer recieves broken gimli, product returned. Customer recieves money back. Sideshow now has a gimli number that can be replaced, repaired etc... Makes sense to me this theory

I think this would be unlikely as, if it did arrive broken, they would ask for a photo and then send out a replacement. The buyer would also do better to keep it and sell it on ebay.

I would be interested to know where they appear from. If the hotline to Sideshow is also available, could you please clear up the subject of Artist Proofs?

Are they produced before the numbered ones? If so, how come loads seem to appear (mainly in New Zealand) once the numbered ones have all been sold?

If they are 'Artist Proofs', I would have thought that they would have been damaged or chipped if sent to different people for approval and then returned? Unless, however, the base is kept and a new statue is produced?

Is any of this correct?

It's too bad that the FAQ on APs got eaten in the EZ meltdown of ought five.

But what you are talking about are "production samples" that get sent around for approval. APs are extra (up to 10% of the run) that are for the artists, executives and people that worked on the product. They are no different than the regular versions (except for the number or lack thereof).

Thanks for that. I always assumed that APs were produced prior to the run for general approval of the powers that be.

My confusion is that, for example, on ebay there are currently (and recently) listed Gondorian Helms sets. They are both from sellers based in New Zealand and both are APs. Does that mean that these two sellers are artists that have worked for Weta, bought the sets with a view to making a profit on ebay? If not, how else could they have been obtained?

How do Artist Proofs then get into circulation? Presumably an artist buys it to keep and then realises the kind of prices that can be achieved on ebay and therefore decides to sell?

As I suggested in the chat during the SDCC - Sideshow should close out the wait list requests for items it knows it has small quantities of.

For example if there are 5 Gimlis -- and 200 ppl on the wait list, its time to remove the button to sign up for the wait list.

The same goes for the other products, if they think there might like 3-4 left somewhere, then why is Sideshow still taking waitlist requests. I am sure the waitlists has hundres of takers, why keep on taking more???

The APs are kept by the companies to be used as gifts for reporters, friends, etc. So I'd imagine how that's now the helm set APs got into circulation.

waitlist

Yes Fan- this would be ideal. However, we have 3 warehouses one of which is overseas. Ultimately, you are relying on humans to count the product. There also are cases where the product maybe in the warehouse, however it was moved from its proper spot and lost like Indiana's arc in the government warehouse.

Best,
Chicky

Re: waitlist

...lost like Indiana's arc in the government warehouse.

Funny you would use that example Chicky! Is that a hint of something in our furture? Come on, you can tell us; we won't tell anybody else! We promise! :rollin

Re: waitlist

Chicky,

If people had their wait list reservation for a Gimli statue turned into an order, & that order was then a mistake, how come one can still make a reservation on the Wait List? If all of the Gimli's are gone, shouldn't the Wait List be shut off & the reservations declined? (Gimli Statue is just an example.)

Thanks...:gandalf :balrog :gandalf2

If people had their wait list reservation for a Gimli statue turned into an order, & that order was then a mistake, how come one can still make a reservation on the Wait List? If all of the Gimli's are gone, shouldn't the Wait List be shut off & the reservations declined? (Gimli Statue is just an example.)

I'm afraid that this is far too logical. 'We don't have any more so we can't accept any more orders' is something that a spotty dork behind the counter at McDonald's could work out but it seems that the creative minds at Sideshow cannot.

Back