The studio ADI Collection

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you were interested in an ADI dog alien maquette,you missed the boat. There will no longer be any maquettes made.

SteveL, do you know how many they made? Was it an even 100? I'm just curious, since they were way above my budget.

I don't know the exact numbers,but the highest number I've seen on one of the bases was 10 and their was also the artist proof.I haven't personally seen a picture of one with a higher edition number than ten yet.

From what I was told,the studioadi collection has been officially ended.ADI has been in the process downsizing and relocating as well. They were selling many of the props in the showroom as well as molds and tools as part of the relocation.

I envy the lucky ones that managed to be able to afford some of those awesome studioadi collection pieces and the actual props from the showroom!

It was most certainly a rare opportunity all around!

Wow, what a low edition size! I bet there are some people who were on the fence about buying the ADI dog alien maquette who are feeling some serious regret right now.

I saw ADI's post on Instagram about their moving sale; I sure wish I had a ton of disposable income to be able to buy some of those original props. I wonder if anyone here managed to snag anything.

Terribly overpriced and a shadow of a paint application. Nice that they are allowed to use the old molds (wonder if they have to buy a licence for that from Fox), so it is sure to be accurate to the paint maquette, but still not the Boss puppet and not what we see on screen. As nobody still mentioned it, the teeth have a different counting as the Suit worn by Woodruff and the animated heads in the movie.

There are prop replicas being produced by many companies,who out source to China,that are many times more expensive in comparison to what ADI was offering.

The paintwork on the A3 maquette is faithful to the original paintwork.ADI didn't make or paint the puppets.They made the clay sculpt (sculpted by Chris Cunningham/Halls) that was used to make the molds.ADI was very busy at the time working on all kinds of props for the film,so the puppet work was handed off to Boss Film.An artist at Boss Film painted the puppets after they where made and used the paint master maquette that ADI sent,which was painted by Gino Acevedo,as a reference to work off of.

ADI had to purchase the liscense from Fox to make these pieces.ADI owns,and still owns,the original A3 maquette/puppet molds.Anything that comes out of those molds is still Fox/Disney's IP.

On the subject of the teeth. Yes,the teeth are not the same.I mentioned before that they are completely different between the puppet/ADI maquettes and the suit heads.

Wow SteveL, after sooooo many years, and even giving my own try on the Runner Alien, I notice the first time, that there is a different dentition to the third scale sculpt (I guess done by Cunningham) and the final on-screen version. Thanks for that.

Wow SteveL, after sooooo many years, and even giving my own try on the Runner Alien, I notice the first time, that there is a different dentition to the third scale sculpt (I guess done by Cunningham) and the final on-screen version. Thanks for that.
Yeah,I've spent years collecting reference material,plus my friend owns the Larry Kid A3 custom maquette from the molds (before the SS one ever even existed) and he is also friends with a certain collector that I'm sure you are familiar with😉

I remember your runner project from the old Hive forum. It was very well done! I was one who was hoping to see that project produced at the time.

Thanks SteveL. Well, it was eventually finished then (in a bit of a rush) for the "Weyland Yutani Report". Who knows, maybe I will revisit my old file and try to do something. By now I could not afford (at least my wife says so) neither the ADI nor the Prime1, and as well our real estate situation would not allow such either. Let the future tell us what it brings. :D

Here are pictures of the Artist's Proof ADI Dog Alien Maquette. Pictures courtesy of Newborn :)

Love the detail and paintwork on this!

image(1).jpg

image(2).jpg

image(3).jpg

image(4).jpg

image(5).jpg

image(6).jpg

image(7).jpg

image(8).jpg

image(9).jpg

image.jpg

Wow, actually I dig this one now allot. I mean, this sample shows so much better colour work. Maybe they took some inspiration from the Prime1 Dog Alien. Well done!

Thanks for posting these awesome photos. It's the closest most of us will ever get to seeing this piece in person, let alone owning it!

It's certainly a thing of beauty. I'd love them to produce an accurate Wolf Predator, not that I'd ever be able to afford it....

Wow, actually I dig this one now allot. I mean, this sample shows so much better colour work. Maybe they took some inspiration from the Prime1 Dog Alien. Well done!

This is the same maquette used in the photos that were posted in the studioadi store.

They are all painted the same. It's not a different sample.Most of the pictures posted of these were not taken in proper lighting or shot well.

I'm in the same boat as you guys.This is as close as I will ever probably come to seeing one of these too. I was actually the first in line to get one of these,way before they were ever even announced,but things just didn't work out as I had hoped/planned.

Here are a few more under different lighting.

image(1).jpg

image(3).jpg

image(10).jpg

image(14).jpg

image(15).jpg

image(4).jpg

image(6).jpg

image(2).jpg

What is the ES for that one then. The ADI page is under construction right now, so I can?t see any information.

Back