The reason why SS hasn't released armoured figure's yet.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The people the firmly stand behind Medicom will always feel that's the better figures, even if a Sideshow Vader was one of the best figures ever and 100% accurrate to the film it represents.

I think the people that stand behind just one of anything are dumb. Kinda makes you wonder how many women they have had. :lol

I have one Medicom Vader. That's all I need from them.

4316_press01-001.jpg

I will continue to wait for Sideshow's 1/6 version.

I think the people that stand behind just one of anything are dumb. Kinda makes you wonder how many women they have had. :lol

I follow intellectual properties, whoever makes them, and weigh each piece's value to me against it's cost.

I follow intellectual properties, whoever makes them, and weigh each piece's value to me against it's cost.

Pretty much. I have Hot Toys, McFarlane, Medicom, Sideshow, United Cutlery, Master Replicas, Hasbro, Neca, Gentle Giant, and other companies stuff. Whats funny is I have never got on any other companies boards if they even had them and cried like a little girl. I bought what I liked and left the rest alone. While I can't read king turds posts anymore. I must give him a message. You are 31 sir. Grow the hell up. It is ok to have an opinion but to hate as much as you hate for one company is kinda lame. I don't like Chevy so I never intend to buy or comment on one. So if you don't like sideshow then go away. It's pretty simple. If you just want attention well then you always have your left or right hand. Whatever suits you is probably ok. :cool:

I will tell you, I have the Medicom Vader, but I just have him rotting in my closet - he looks good and all, but he is too darn short....I kinda wish I never got him at this point..

I will tell you, I have the Medicom Vader, but I just have him rotting in my closet - he looks good and all, but he is too darn short....I kinda wish I never got him at this point..

Thats too bad you should sell him to someone that will appreciate such a cool figure.

The people the firmly stand behind Medicom will always feel that's the better figures, even if a Sideshow Vader was one of the best figures ever and 100% accurrate to the film it represents.

I feel as of now that Medicom has the upper hand and in a big way.But I don't blindly follow one brand.I have the Jabba diplay,and I have ANH Obi wan on the way.Both of those are great products which is why I bought them.But I dont collect everything that SS has to offer simply because a lot of it is not up to standards.Medicom has a much better product and more of it.And I know..I know..Medicom doesn't have 4 lukes like SS does.Don't get me wrong I like luke,but I didn't get into StarWars for Luke.I got into StarWars for Troops,Vader,the bad guys,you know...like me..:lol

I feel as of now that Medicom has the upper hand and in a big way.But I don't blindly follow one brand.I have the Jabba diplay,and I have ANH Obi wan on the way.Both of those are great products which is why I bought them.But I dont collect everything that SS has to offer simply because a lot of it is not up to standards.Medicom has a much better product and more of it.And I know..I know..Medicom doesn't have 4 lukes like SS does.Don't get me wrong I like luke,but I didn't get into StarWars for Luke.I got into StarWars for Troops,Vader,the bad guys,you know...like me..:lol

Maybe that's why I prefer Sideshow--they have lots of good guys. :lol But then I think that says a lot; it's not the company, but the characters. If you're into the villains then of course you'll prefer Medicom, but as for me, there's not a single item in their line that I care about at all because the bad guys usually bore me, especially troopers. I think a comparison of the two companies is moot until there are identical characters to match, and so far all we have is Luke and Maul, both of which have strengths and flaws in both lines. Really, it's not that one line is better than another, especially since that's such a subjective perspective. They just have very different flavors so far, and what's yummy ice cream to one guy is disgusting to the next.

As for me, I'm just grateful to get any dessert at all. :cool:

On the podcast, Dusty specifily says that there will be new product announcemnts, and Pre-orders DURING toyfare.
Just incase you missed it Maulfan :)
Curious quetion. IF ( and it's a big if) The announce an armored figure during toyfair, Which do you think it will be. A trooper, a fett, or a sith lord?

Hey i never said it was :monkey2 I was just pointing out that they said they would have new product announcements, and pre orders during toyfare. In all likelyhood, it probobly won't be, not yet. I think that everyone is right in guessing SDCC at the earliest. I was just posing a hypothetical question.

Get yourself a Bad boy Hurricane Vader !

If your not gonna pay Medi because all their figures are short arses

Then get one of Glenns !

Not only will you have a great Vader but yours will have a light up cathode sabre and be very very limited !

SS wouldnt do any worse than getting hold of Glenn and getting his construction stuff ! I mean imagine a Vader Exclusive with a cathode sabre !

Last edited:
On the podcast, Dusty specifily says that there will be new product announcemnts, and Pre-orders DURING toyfare.
Just incase you missed it Maulfan :)
Curious quetion. IF ( and it's a big if) The announce an armored figure during toyfair, Which do you think it will be. A trooper, a fett, or a sith lord?

Ya, I did listen to the whole thing hehe, but I'm still not sold on WHAT those announcements will be. As Wor-Gar has stated, HT and Medicom like to premier at that time, so SSC's announcements may be more geared around disti items, and like I said, there are quite a few new licenses yet to have any product to show off, so I'd imagine seeing those before new items in existing, running lines, but I'm all for being proven wrong.

As for the armor premier or not, I'd imagine the announcement of a new body first. Toy Fair is really geared towards the world of people that put out and sell this stuff, not the ones who buy it, and announcing that they have new 1/6 bodies they'll be implementing is the perfect type of announcement to fit with the intention of the convention.

Also, Dusty's talk didn't sound like they weren't going to be there either, so I'm not sure what started that room or what sort of validity it has.

Back