The Reaper:Death's General - The Dead Legendary Scale Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I paid so danm much for it that I want it to be mint. I am currently trying to work it out. I'll fill you all in.

The statue is insane in detail. No other statue I own has this many small details and so well done. The next closest would be venom and carnage,, but they don't have nearly as many small components.

Unfortunately anytime a complex statue like this ships there is signicant risk of damage. In the future I would only spend that much on something you can see and pickup yourself. It's no slight on the seller. Just the nature of the beast

Unfortunately anytime a complex statue like this ships there is signicant risk of damage. In the future I would only spend that much on something you can see and pickup yourself. It's no slight on the seller. Just the nature of the beast

Not entirely correct. This statue has an AWESOME packaging. If there is a Sideshow piece I'd feel confident shipping anywhere, it's this one.
The breakage means that the seller either displayed it and it broke, OR he never cared to inspect it, which is crazy on such an expensive piece.
Honestly for that kind of money I wouldn't settle on anything less than perfect condition.

Even the best packing is capable of causing breakage. Even more we can't control how the post office or ups handles packages. If you want perfection this isn't the best hobby regardless of the cost of a piece

I think that this wasn't the sellers fault. This was probably shipped broken from SS. Its hard to notice the break unless you are putting it together. I am guessing he just opened the box and did a look over.

Did you atleast find the chipped piece inside the box? People won't notice the chip because it will be covered but as collector it's haunting damage...

I couldn't find the piece. I could have just glued it back and no one would have ever know... but its definitely missing. Hopefully I'll get some money back I only asked for $100 back. I didn't want to screw over the seller. I just thought of a fair amount. We are still working it out right now.

I couldn't find the piece. I could have just glued it back and no one would have ever know... but its definitely missing. Hopefully I'll get some money back I only asked for $100 back. I didn't want to screw over the seller. I just thought of a fair amount. We are still working it out right now.
Like any negotiation you should start high. You should double check where you unboxed it and the box itself to make fully sure. if your paying premium price then you should expect it mint. It would hurt the value abit not because it damage but the fact you cannot find that damage piece to self repair.

I personally wouldn't mind a new one, as long as it's different from the original. However the first will always be the best and I don't think its value price will ever drop down.

This happen to one of my friend's Reaper Legendary scale figure
.....that's a pretty big lean on a expensive Sideshow Legendary scale figure.

....is this normal?

29csxlx.jpg

Back