The Punisher Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every large package have a tracking number, otherwise they would have a huge problem sorting and delivery problem. I know cause I used to work for UPS for 3 yrs. Now a days, I can't see any large delivery company/organization doing business without tracking number.

I am thinking people toss the receit or other documents away, so they lose track of shipping.

OK but I just shipped The Punisher CQ to a fellow freak who is in:dunno Hong Kong via USPS and they said there was no way to track the package. I kept the Customs reciept. I know UPS tracks but the price difference between UPS and USPS was like almost 200.00 more for UPS. The Buyer wanted me to ship USPS but like I said they told me there would be no tracking.

OK but I just shipped The Punisher CQ to Hong Kong via USPS and they said there was no way to track the package. I kept the Customs reciept. I know UPS tracks but the price difference between UPS and USPS was like almost 200.00 more for UPS. The Buyer wanted me to ship USPS but like I said they told me there would be no tracking.

Well, to be fair, there's different type of tracking for USPS. There's always internal tracking. But external tracking for the customer is a different matter. I remember there's a form for tracking, insurance, signature required, etc. I've been hearing bad news about USPS. I wonder when they'll go bankrupt while other large delivery company like UPS, FedEx, etc are doing relatively well. Even in this economy.

I ship ONLY USPS Express Mail International for the buyer's and my own protection. Tracking provided + an automatic $100 insurance. More insurance is extra and can only be purchased at a post office, not online. This shipping method is quick, but expensive. If you want to go cheap, bad stuff can happen. I'd say to international buyers to either suck it up and pay the extra for shipping, prepare yourself for catastrophe, or don't buy anything that is worth more money than you could simply flush down the toilet without a care in the world. Sorry, but it's the harsh truth.

USPS is extremely expensive if you want any sort of insurance or other service when shipping international, and is a major pain in the rear. I've had a package to Romania arrive in just 8 days, while shipments to the UK take 3 weeks or more. All arrived ok but it got worrisome at times.

USPS is extremely expensive if you want any sort of insurance or other service when shipping international, and is a major pain in the rear. I've had a package to Romania arrive in just 8 days, while shipments to the UK take 3 weeks or more. All arrived ok but it got worrisome at times.
Wow, you shipped to Romania? That's the first time I've ever heard of that happening. That takes some serious balls! :lol

No problem, brother. I think your shipment is still good at this point. It just takes some time to ship to Asia. Buyer, be cool and patient. :)

Just to let everyone know my buyer has been cool. I only shipped last Thursday. Just with all this talk about international tracking going on I had to ask.

Thanks

none of my business, but was it sent "priority mail international" via USPS? If so, it should at least have a tracking number?

yeah i think anything that i've ever sent from canada to the usa has always had a tracking number, but maybe it's different going the other way.:dunno

I've sent many packages internationally and they have all had tracking numbers. I think it was already said that this one did have a tracking number, so if it is out there, it should be able to be found.

Agreed with your agreement :lecture

Once it leaves the US it's not track or can't be tracked on the USPS system anymore, from that point on on the boat/plane it's anybody ball game.

:exactly::exactly::exactly:

All I know is that I've sent well over 100 packages overseas and they have all arrived. USPS Express Mail International.

Yes same here, but the system doesn't work that way for tracking.

It's Air Mail, Royal Mail and some other types of weird stuff that can only be tracked vice versa to the US and then it's helter skelter again until it arrives in your hands.

USPS is not going to guarantee safety delivery on items overseas without them personally not having control of anything on the other side otherwise they'll be losing their ass in claims all the time. They probably are anyways with theft and lost items here locally in the states :lol

Last edited:
Yes same here, but the system doesn't work that way for tracking.
That's true. But, I would never choose to skimp on shipping because of the horror stories like the one we've been discussing. Many gripe about the cost, but it is worth it. USPS Express Mail is costly, but it's been proven to be solid as a rock, from what I've personally experienced.

Hmm... maybe it can be lost quicker with Express mail at a higher expense :lol

Well maybe the theory is true that Express items are cared for more than the regular mail flight pattern or coach if you will :lol Neither of us know the truth without someone that actually works or handles the item at the very last destination point before it get shipped overseas but then again it hits the same dilemma of no tracking once it's in the UK, Hong Kong, China, etc... Who knows how good their system is on the other side that you/we/I pay for peace of mind of getting their quicker and safer :dunno

OK but I just shipped The Punisher CQ to a fellow freak who is in:dunno Hong Kong via USPS and they said there was no way to track the package. I kept the Customs reciept. I know UPS tracks but the price difference between UPS and USPS was like almost 200.00 more for UPS. The Buyer wanted me to ship USPS but like I said they told me there would be no tracking.

yeah, when you ship internationally/overseas you have to pay extra for tracking, but from canada to usa and vise versa i believe mostly everything is trackable.

Back