The Indy Premium Format Figure Countdown/Discussion Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I cannot wait to see this whole thing! Do you guys think that there is going to be a separate head with a hat and without a hat?

I cannot wait to see this whole thing! Do you guys think that there is going to be a separate head with a hat and without a hat?

Something tells me that there will not. Typically, having a variety of display options is more for 12" figures, and PFs are meant for the most iconic representation possible--which in this case means a hat.

I predict the hat as part of the sculpt. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised though and they figure out how to make a removable hat look good in this scale or go the 2 heads route.

I guess I would rather just see a more interesting exclusive than an alternate head--because if we do get it, that will be it for the exclusive. I can't think of a previous PF that had an alternate head option available on the regular version.

What options are there for the exclusive? I know it won't be the torch/dart repeat

fertility idol w/ hand to grasp it
idol pedestal
alternate non-hat head
book w/ illustration of the Ark

other ideas?

Thanks Josh!

I really can't think of many exclusives that would make sense for the Indy PF.
Since it's a static pose, it would have to be something that would work with the stance such as a head or hand swap or a separate stand alone accessory.

I thought about an 'action' whip or Indy's other gun but they really don't seem that practical or that great of exclusives.

Indy never really had the chance to stand around and pose while holding the idol and looking casually heroic, so those wanting a screen accurate figure might not like the traditional non-dynamic PF pose with the idol in hand (mixing iconic pose with screen/scene specific prop). The PF is also still carrying the "sand bag" so it seems that he has yet to swap it for the idol. The pedestal holding the idol would be too large, much like the Mirror of Galadriel that never saw the light of day.

I'm not sure what they have in store for us...

Don't recall seeing the PF holding the sandbag pic. Could you point me to it Tom?

I wonder if the larger size will allow for a removable hat?

Sculpted hair is sculpted hair - with a removeable hat he'll either look bigheaded with the hat on, or the hair will be shaped funny when he has it off. I say, no to the removeable hat.

Indy never really had the chance to stand around and pose while holding the idol and looking casually heroic, so those wanting a screen accurate figure might not like the traditional non-dynamic PF pose with the idol in hand (mixing iconic pose with screen/scene specific prop). The PF is also still carrying the "sand bag" so it seems that he has yet to swap it for the idol. The pedestal holding the idol would be too large, much like the Mirror of Galadriel that never saw the light of day.

I'm not sure what they have in store for us...

Trev said that the pose is "reminiscent of what you're all familiar with, but not [scene] specific by any means. a tribute is a nice way to put it." So I could see Indy holding the idol casually in a way he did not in the film. At any rate it sounds like we won't get a 100% screen accurate pose which is ok by me.

Sculpted hair is sculpted hair - with a removeable hat he'll either look bigheaded with the hat on, or the hair will be shaped funny when he has it off. I say, no to the removeable hat.

I'm thinking that it would be possible. Really with a hat like that there the fit can't be too much associated with it sqeezing around the hair. A helmet yes, but this is a simple hat, and at a larger scale they could probably make a sort of cloth hat that would fit tightly to a sculpted head.

The Medicom Toys version of Indy has the removable hat but the hat looks large or something, I like what Sideshow did with the 12 inch it makes his hat/head more proportionate.

I guess I would rather just see a more interesting exclusive than an alternate head--because if we do get it, that will be it for the exclusive. I can't think of a previous PF that had an alternate head option available on the regular version.

Captain America had an alternate head as well as additional accessories but he certainly wasn't the norm.

But not on the regular version. I think what Tom is saying is that if they do two heads, the other head will be the exclusive, and he doesn't think that would be the best exclusive.

The idol seems likely to me as an exclusive, I can't think how else they would have it, unless his other ahnd is holding in both versions. :dunno

But not on the regular version. I think what Tom is saying is that if they do two heads, the other head will be the exclusive, and he doesn't think that would be the best exclusive.

The idol seems likely to me as an exclusive, I can't think how else they would have it, unless his other ahnd is holding in both versions.

the regular indy 12" has two heads...why not the PF?

No real reason other than its never been done before, but that doesn't mean it won't be done.

No real reason other than its never been done before, but that doesn't mean it won't be done.

I believe the Thing PF has 2, and the Anakin PF has a regular and exclusive head.

The only reason the figure has 2 though is because they felt it would look more realistic for the hat to be molded as part of the head than to make one head with a wearable hat due to the limits of the scale.

Back