The Hobbits coming to Sideshow.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, but didn't SSC just state that they don't pay attention to what other companies make? I have a funny feeling that rather than compliment each other they'll both end up working on Thorins and Gandalfs. It would sort of be foolish not to.

I guess I have to go back to my original point - how many of you are really in for $2,600-$3,250 for a full set of Dwarves over the next two and a half years? And that's not including all the other characters they would make, just the Dwarves. I mean, SSC couldn't even get to nine figures in their 1/6 line at the would barely have cost $900 in a reasonable economic climate. Anyway, I stop beating a dead horse.

I think all companies pay attentionto what others in the field are doing. Its what you do to get better. They'll all have to do the same character eventually.

I am. I plan on assuming I can afford it to get most of the Weta line.

Oh, well I'm still not crazy about the line - I do think half of it is bad. Some of the poses leave alot to be desired and the character selections could be better. Again, I'm not really feeling the line, the cost is too much compared to PFs, and I don't trust SSC to go everywhere I want them to with it.

Have to agree to disagree. I've got all of them so far and IMO none of them are bad, character selction has been just fine for me, and they're all really well done. Like I said different strokes for different folks. You're happy to set it out and I'm happy to be all in. :peace

I will stick with Weta's 15 main characters...versus anything that SS does...unless it's totally awesome:wink1:...I love the Weta Hobbit statues so far...no complaints from my end whatsoever

Don't think we'll see any 1:6 figures out of this. As much as I love Sideshow, they dropped the ball on the LOTR 12" figures, and they seriously flaked when it came to a Gimli figure. So I doubt we'll see any dwarves in that scale.

Don't think we'll see any 1:6 figures out of this. As much as I love Sideshow, they dropped the ball on the LOTR 12" figures, and they seriously flaked when it came to a Gimli figure. So I doubt we'll see any dwarves in that scale.

Or they sub lease the 1:6 scale over to HT...hopefully.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Lord of the Rings has always lent itself better to sculpts, IMO. The multiple layers and armor just look better fully sculpted. Plus you could never get half the great poses like the Gimli and Boromir maquettes as a figure.

I feel the opposite way about comic book movie characters, which I think are better as figures.

I guess I have to go back to my original point - how many of you are really in for $2,600-$3,250 for a full set of Dwarves over the next two and a half years?

So far I have the limited edition Thorin, which I'm really happy with and Bilbo, which is also great. I never intended to get all the dwarves and that plan hasn't changed, in fact I doubt I'll get any more of them. However the cost has little to do with it, if I really wanted them and had the space, then 3K over the next 2-3 years isn't an issue.

What I'm more waiting for is Radagast, maybe Elrond in full armour and a couple of others, along with some prop replica's, etc.

As for Sideshow, I really only expect them to do PF's or larger scale at this stage. If done well, then a Bilbo PF could be very hard to pass up and maybe a Elrond one, in which case i could get the PF instead of a Weta statue. However, what I more expect from Sideshow, are PF's of the bad guy's, they seem to like doing that more, they still sell pretty well and I have no interest in bad guys, so can pass on the lot.

Very awesome news! Very excited to see what sideshow brings us for The Hobbit line. :yess::yess::yess:

Having finally seen the film today, an Azog PF would be FANTASTIC.

I'm undecided if I'd prefer a "whole" Azog from the battle at Moria, or a one-armed Azog on a warg.

Watching this film made me really regret selling my LOTR PFs, expecially my exclusive Lutrz and Uruk Hai Berserker.

Having finally seen the film today, an Azog PF would be FANTASTIC.

I'm undecided if I'd prefer a "whole" Azog from the battle at Moria, or a one-armed Azog on a warg.

Watching this film made me really regret selling my LOTR PFs, expecially my exclusive Lutrz and Uruk Hai Berserker.

Exclusive! :idea :banana

Hmmm, on second thought after watching the Hobbit for the 3rd time, The Great Goblin might be kinda big for PF treatment. Not sure if he would be a good seller since he's got a more comical than badass look.

Hmmm, on second thought after watching the Hobbit for the 3rd time, The Great Goblin might be kinda big for PF treatment. Not sure if he would be a good seller since he's got a more comical than badass look.

Agreed, so far the only one I really want is Thorin Oakenshield as he is a badass, I already have Bilbo so no need for a double. I am finding myself this time collecting the maps, staffs and the like. But I am looking forward to seeing what they have up their sleeve.

Back