The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leave Sauron to me was a great line.

Yep. That's the type of thing the SW prequels should have done. Little moments, even entire battles that are connected to the previous trilogy but that don't ruin or spoil upcoming events. "Leave Sauron to me" is only ominous if you know what he's going to do in FOTR but someone can still watch BOTFA and then FOTR and still be surprised when Saruman turns against Gandalf.

As opposed to watching the SW PT which outright spoils all the major twists (Anakin is Vader, Vader is Luke's father, Luke and Leia are twins) of the OT.

I like what they did with Alfrid to be honest. I think him dressing up was a bit much but that's my only quibble.

That whole scene was probably my favorite from the film. So awesome.

Totally. So many great moments in this movie. Smaug attack, Witch King melee, elf charge, frozen waterfall, last scene with Bilbo and Thorin, last scene with Bilbo and Gandalf and then the final segue
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yup, like you said in a previous post master Khev, this is how a prequel should be done.

How would've you felt had they shown Saruman get possessed by Sauron just before he was banished by Galadriel?

I like what they did with Alfrid to be honest. I think him dressing up was a bit much but that's my only quibble.

You know I actually didn't mind the Alfrid scenes when I was watching them it was just in retrospect that I realized that they didn't really have a payoff and took valuable screen time away from Beorn and other more interesting characters.

It was funny watching him stuff his boobs with coins, but yeah, not at the expense of Beorn time.

You know I actually didn't mind the Alfrid scenes when I was watching them it was just in retrospect that I realized that they didn't really have a payoff and took valuable screen time away from Beorn and other more interesting characters.

:exactly:

Yeah, not so much a hatred of the character, just that it short changed precious screen time that should've been used for Beorn.

this is how a prequel should be done.

PJ even did the whole "rhyming trilogies" that Lucas attempted but failed to do properly. I think the Hobbit trilogy makes Aragorn's journey toward his birthright more dramatic after seeing Thorin attempting to regain the throne, unite his people and
Spoiler Spoiler:

Yup, like you said in a previous post master Khev, this is how a prequel should be done.

How would've you felt had they shown Saruman get possessed by Sauron just before he was banished by Galadriel?

We get his fall properly in FOTR. I think what they showed worked perfectly. It shows Saruman's arrogance, which is what leads to his fall in FOTR to being evil. He's never possessed so much as his arrogance lets him think he can overthrow Sauron.

I would have liked more Beorn but that's coming. I can understand the complaint though and if it wasn't for the EE I might have a bigger issue.

PJ even did the whole "rhyming trilogies" that Lucas attempted but failed to do properly. I think the Hobbit trilogy makes Aragorn's journey toward his birthright more dramatic after seeing Thorin attempting to regain the throne, unite his people and
Spoiler Spoiler:

:goodpost:

We get his fall properly in FOTR. I think what they showed worked perfectly. It shows Saruman's arrogance, which is what leads to his fall in FOTR to being evil. He's never possessed so much as his arrogance lets him think he can overthrow Sauron.

That sounds about right. :lol

I would have liked more Beorn but that's coming. I can understand the complaint though and if it wasn't for the EE I might have a bigger issue.

Has this been confirmed.

That's part of why I'm not *too* bothered by his lack of screen time. You know he's going to kickass in the EE.

See above. :lol

Spoiler Spoiler:

And that is one story I would like to see someday.

I was just curious with all this talk about Star Wars, etc....

Since the rights to LotR and The Hobbit have been sold, can they do anything else with the characters within them, like they're doing with Star Wars now? Can they make entirely new stories using the characters within those two books? Say such as Aragorn's story about being a ranger or more stories from The Shire. That sort of thing?

Tim Bombadil: The movie Part I

Yikes. I never, ever want to see another Middle Earth movie in PJ's universe again. Give me a BOTFA EE and we can all call it a wrap. I'm sure other films will be made at some point years down the line but for the love of God don't have them be a part of this series.

Back