The Hobbit and LOTR Movie Tie-In books

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine the other day. These books are really fun and
Like you're showing in your post have some cool info. I'd say that's your goblin king statue right there.

Got these yesterday too...very nice stuff...yup that could be very well our L/E Weta Goblin King Statue that could cost as much as Barad-Dur...ouch
IMG_2358.jpg

Check out the video game article and super collectors section in the mag. Written by yours truly. :)

You guys really should use spoiler tags when posting images and stuff from the movie, not everyone wants to know what the characters look like until seeing it on screen.

In Barnes & Noble today, I noticed they had the Annual... but in the US it's called an "Activity Book" - so, for those keeping track in the UK/Canada it's an Annual, in AUS it's an Almanac, and here's it's an Activity Book. That actually makes sense as most people in the US would not understand an Annual to be what this publication is. I only understand the term as it is presented here because I'm a Doctor Who collector, to be honest.

Rolling Stone is 100% hobbit Content while Empire is about 65 pages only of Hobbit
IMG_2775.jpg

Picked up the RS magazine today at my local grocery store. I have the ipad empire but I need a couple of the regulars.

Ok, so for all the Hobbit tie-in books and mags out there, in what order would any of you rate them in terms of content and originality, and why? I'd like to get an idea which ones are standouts, and which ones I can delay in getting.

Ok, so for all the Hobbit tie-in books and mags out there, in what order would any of you rate them in terms of content and originality, and why? I'd like to get an idea which ones are standouts, and which ones I can delay in getting.

Weta Book,Rolling Stone magazine,Official Movie Guide and the other one shot Hobbit magazine...get those and you'll be fine...100% Hobbit content and they IMHO have the most and are the best...

Got the Chronicles Art & Design book today. A REALLY beautifully put together book. Some nice fold-out pieces too.

Got the Chronicles Art & Design book today. A REALLY beautifully put together book. Some nice fold-out pieces too.

Got mine yesterday! A really really darn good book. Still waiting for my auto version from Weta.

I was really suprised with the quality and content of the Weta book. With a price of $26 it is a must buy for me.

What is an auto version?

Back