"The Good, the Bad & the Ugly" Custom Figure Project

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gun01.jpg

Good news from Rainman... :rotfl

Sculpted by DF Studio.
Rainman presents.

It is under processing... :banana

https://www.imfdb.org/index.php?title=The_Good%2C_The_Bad%2C_and_The_Ugly said it is Sharps 1874 but I think it's wrong name.
Anyone know the rifle's correct name? or am I wrong?

WOW! Fantastic news!

No one does weapons better than Rainman! :banana So glad he is making that rifle. Hopefully, he'll finish in time so it could ship with Tuco. I always knew it as the Sharps rifle but only because of that website. I know there were several weapons used that didn't match with the time frame the movie takes place in.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about... we asked for it, and Rainman delivers, big time! :banana

gun01.jpg

Already got a horse for Blondie, just needs repainting and the proper saddle & other tack to match the final scenes. The addition of this rifle will complete a GBU display I've been visualizing for a very very long time!

I would seriously hate to mess with Rainman's work, but if Tuco really does come with a regular TT body, I don't know if I can live with him being the same height as Blondie! Kinda makes me wish I'd just gotten the head & costume set now... it would've simplified things considerably. Guess I'll just have to see what happens when I have him in hand.

i think he used a narrow shoulderbody for tuco judging from the production pics. but his blondie and the bad were on regular bodies.

That could be enough to make a difference, and being hatless should help him appear a bit shorter too, hopefully.

I really had to do some serious crunching just to afford a full figure of Tuco, but down the line I know I'll be glad I got him when I had the chance.

You know guys an option is to extend the height of Clint and Lee. They are tall guys, 6'4 and 6'3 respectively. so them being taller than your other 12 inch figures wont look bad at all.

my brother came up with a good system, it's as simple as duct taping an extra bottom portion foot joint to the end of the legs where the foot connect. it bumps them about an inch and a half or two 6th scale height, maybe more. Proportionally its not weird. I too worry about Tuco's height so I'll be extending my legs when he comes in. I'm not messing with Rainman's full figure but i got the head and outfit sets for the other two.

You know guys an option is to extend the height of Clint and Lee. They are tall guys, 6'4 and 6'3 respectively. so them being taller than your other 12 inch figures wont look bad at all.

my brother came up with a good system, it's as simple as duct taping an extra bottom portion foot joint to the end of the legs where the foot connect. it bumps them about an inch and a half or two 6th scale height, maybe more. Proportionally its not weird. I too worry about Tuco's height so I'll be extending my legs when he comes in. I'm not messing with Rainman's full figure but i got the head and outfit sets for the other two.

That's an excellent idea and thanks for suggesting it. I really don't want to mess with Tuco either! ("Para si fallas, tienes que fallar bien. Quien me traicione y me deje vivo.... no sabe nada acerca de Tuco... Nada!!") lol

I have Blondie's clothing set and an unpainted head on the way, so I'll use your suggestion to give him an extra few inches over Tuco. Since they'll be displayed apart from my other figures anyway, it should be no problem at all. Still need to find an Angel Eyes clothing set to go with the head sculpt that's coming, tho... I totally missed out on that one! :banghead

i think the boots on rainman's figures already bump the height up on them. if rainman does want to make tuco shorter he should do something about the insides of the boots for him.

for instance the dress shoes for ht figures usually makes the figures shorter in comparison.

yeah thats what i meant.

Ray if you have ht godfather shoes or harvey dents shoes you should see a huge drop in height when you use those kind of shoes on the ht bodies. if rainman can so something similar with tuco that would be awesome.

It's not that I don't dig your bro's idea it's just that I have angel eyes and he seems taller than most of my other figures already if we make him any taller I think it would look out of proportion unless you plan to display the 3 away from your other figures.

yeah that's a good point, if they're taller than Batman for example it's a problem. I think the shoefoot is a great idea but I'm betting Rainman has already gone into production. hopefully he'll have tried to account for the height difference as he did the weight difference.

yeah hopefully I bet he's just as big a fan as we are and probably did something with tuco's boots already.

Another option (for Blondie & Angel Eyes) may be the Triad Omega figure. These are quite a bit taller than HT or Dragon. Since they were too tall for Steve McQueen I've transplanted Josh Randall's head onto Dragon Bodies. I'm currently using the OMega for my WIP Blondie. I'm not sure if I'll keep it that way though. My plan for Tuco is going to be to use a Dragon Jackie Chan body with Omega hands (the hands look like HT but are on post compatible to Dragon). But that may depend on how the clothes hang.

Jim

Back