The essential Hot Toys Alien?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really depends on your movie preferences.

But based on quality, the AVP or AVPR alien is solid.

The ALIENS alien has a lot of defects and production issues.

My favorite is still the first AVP alien figure. It's the only one that features a translucent dome, which is most similar to Giger's original big chap.

GRID alien!!!

Picture1916.jpg

why? because it comes with a facehugger....

AvP:R Warrior ^^. Comes with a facehugger, and it has good qualities. Though, its your money / Your choice ;).:rolleyes: Though mine has a bit loose joint on the right leg, lol. But its only for posing so it doesn`t really matter.

Last edited:
Personally, if I were you, I'd wait for the ALIEN/ALIEN3 Alien figures, atleast they have good designs and will more than likely have sturdier body's.

The AVP/AVP-R designs are crap and the ALIENS ones are inaccurate, not to mention fragile as hell, granted the Blue/Black one looks pretty good.

Yeah, I'd wait for ALIEN, otherwise my fave is the original AVP alien; I like the clear dome. Although I haven't had any problems with my Aliens warrior.

I would say hot toys aliens bluey black alien.
It appears to be screen accurate. I know some people did receive faulty ones but if there perfect there amazing , if not , send them back.
Also of all the hot toys aliens figures up to now that have been produced this is the one from the best movie. :D
There my reasons as to why I think the aliens alien is the one to go with. :rock

Last edited:
Man a tough one. I'm waiting on the AVP brown so can't comment on that one yet but...the AVP-R warrior would have to be my pick if I had to choose. it has the face hugger, strong joints and the neck can twist farther than the others. I would have chosen the alien brown repaint version but the tightness of it's joints suck, can't support it's own weight. so other than that hope you choose well....OR ELSE!!!:zzwhip

My choice ....:rotfl

DSCF0067.jpg

to avoid breaking joints, check all screw tightness (loose it if found too tight) before doing any posting. Hope this helps:chew

The blue/black Aliens (1986) Warrior may be the best looking with it's classic design but if you don't want to be pissed off with limbs that snap without even the slightest force then don't bother - wait for the original Alien (1979) I say or even the Alien 3 (1992) dog-strain.

If I were you, I'd wait to see what HT's Giger alien looks like.
And depending on how it turns out you could just go for the new Medicom Alien (if you don't care too much about scale).
Also, check out NECA's Giger Alien, still the most accurate figure out there, although a tad big (21").

I am seriously thinking of selling my HT Aliens warrior. I like it don't get me wrong it's my 2nd favorite ALIEN creature design. However I will use the $$ to buy the NECA 7 & 21 inch versions. And maybe wait till HT releases their version of the big chap. I have to narrow it down. Good thing I have the original box and everything else intact..:D

I am seriously thinking of selling my HT Aliens warrior. I like it don't get me wrong it's my 2nd favorite ALIEN creature design. However I will use the $$ to buy the NECA 7 & 21 inch versions. And maybe wait till HT releases their version of the big chap. I have to narrow it down. Good thing I have the original box and everything else intact..:D

I may be interested in a few weeks. Let me know if you do pal.
:D

Back