The Dead Specimen Busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These are just too big for my display. 1/6 or 1/4 would've worked. I'm still eager to see size pics with other pieces.

I'm going to re-order tomorrow. My card declined today. There was credit on it, but they charged the original price plus shipping. So that was over $20 more than the pre-auth needed to be. I use a card with only $500 limit on it for all of my collectible purchases. And with The GI Joe Environment and Lando last week, it was pretty full. I wasn't expecting an in-stock item for Spook, let alone an expensive on. My Credit card payment goes through tomorrow, but my account never shows it until late at night. So if I order tomorrow, it shouldn't charge until Wednesday. So here is hoping the last 40 last until then. :eek:

Have they ever had a "new" item in stock and have the flex option?

I sort of want these, and as some have said flex pay would have made me bite. I ain't really feeling these and $229 ain't chump change for me.

BM - there seem to be about 70 left now, so you should be pretty safe for a day or two. I wonder is that is due to only declines or a combination with flippers calling to cancel today.

Not that I'm aware of. Obviously I could have used it as well. Just barely not enough room on that card thanks to Lando and Timber. I just got the cancelation email and there is a way to contact them to see if I can reinstate my order, so I gave it a shot. If not, hopefully these will still have a few left by the afternoon.

I just wish credit card payments went through instanly like the charges :lol

BM - there seem to be about 70 left now, so you should be pretty safe for a day or two. I wonder is that is due to only declines or a combination with flippers calling to cancel today.

Nice! Looks like I'm not the only one in that boat then. Like I said in my post above, hopefully they can just reinstate my order, but if not, I should be good until tomorrow afternoon at least.

I really ought to look into getting this card's limit uped to at least $1,000 to avoid things like this. This could have been avoided if Sideshow just took Paypal :rolleyes:

When I looked earlier there were 40 in stock, not there's 70. Must have been some cancellations today.

Sideshow probably expected them to sell out in a few minutes like the diorama variants. That's why no flex was offered.

They definitely expected them to sell-out almost immediately. At least that's what you would reasonably assume from what they posted when it went up for order:

This set of 3 ’specimen’ style scaled busts is IN-STOCK now at Sideshow, and available for order by clicking on the link below! If you see ‘Checking Inventory’ or ‘Wait List’ displayed on the product page, that means you missed this ordering opportunity. If this is the case, we suggest signing up for the Wait List as soon as possible!

you'll see more cancellations. People jump first.. think later and I bet some thought this would be like PZ PF... but clearly they are not! :lol

I think they will be more like the PZ 12" figure. He was available all the way up until SDCC I believe. It was only after he was sold out and more figures started coming that he became valuable. These might be the same way if these busts continue.

I think they will be more like the PZ 12" figure. He was available all the way up until SDCC I believe. It was only after he was sold out and more figures started coming that he became valuable. These might be the same way if these busts continue.

I doubt it. Especially with the 1:2 scale size, these really don't fit in anywhere. Well, maybe with McFarlane's long gone Tortured Souls line, but definitely not with Sideshow's Dead. Then, when you factor in price, it's still really a big "WTF were they thinking with these?!" for me.

Yeah, the size is a bit weird. 1:6 would have been perfect since they could be used in various dios. Even 1:4 could have looked good on a shelf near the PZ PF. But 1:2 is certainly out of place. But considering most LSB are about 1:2 scale and cost just as much, if not more, this is a pretty good deal. Yeah they aren't full busts like the other LSB, but 3 seperate heads in the same scale for about the same price seems like a good deal. Still a strange thing to do, but a fairly decent deal regardless.

Back