The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right that's what I mean, it is another thing that critics of the ending of DKR complain about, that was setup as a believable plot device in Begins. You can't say it works in one movie but doesn't work in the other.

:lol What critics? TDKR was very well received by critics.:dunno

I don't recall ever suggesting that BB/TDK/TDKR were "thinking man" movies so I don't know where that is coming from. I just know that you and a couple other "nameless" board members have been carrying on about the movies not being exactly like the comics and yet when they are like the comics (Gordon not guessing Batman's identity) you complain about that too. I just wanted clarification that your standards change depending on the nitpick. :)

It's the overall hypocrisy of the Nolancompoops. "Why is Joker not physically white but wears make-up? Why no Venom for Bane?" "Oh, Nolan's universe is grounded in reality."

Batman escaping the pit (with a broken back no less) when Bane couldn't escape in his prime proved to be too much for him it seems. In the sewer Batman's body broke before his spirit but the second time around it was just the opposite for Bane. I actually think that's pretty cool.

Batman's back wasn't broken. He had a dislocated disc. Additionally, do we even know Bane even tried to escape? And given Bane directly ignored Thalia's order, his spirit wasn't broken.

Batman's back wasn't broken. He had a dislocated disc. Additionally, do we even know Bane even tried to escape? And given Bane directly ignored Thalia's order, his spirit wasn't broken.

Now that you mention it, I don't recall them saying Bane ever tried. But, the implication was that everybody tried to escape, but only one ever made it. I thought that was the point of the "hope" speech.

SnakeDoc

:lol What critics? TDKR was very well received by critics.:dunno

I didn't say "professional film critics", someone can be a critic of a movie without getting paid to do so, check out this thread for prime examples.

Now that you mention it, I don't recall them saying Bane ever tried. But, the implication was that everybody tried to escape, but only one ever made it. I thought that was the point of the "hope" speech.

SnakeDoc

I didn't get the sense that he tried. Quite the opposite actually, with all his silly dialogue during the first fight with Batman, that he embraced his situation and welcomed it. The speech to Wayne, I understood as "out of all those who tried, only one had ever escaped" not that everybody tried to escape. That would strip even more away from Bane than Thalia's revelation did. :lol

:exactly:
He was also directly responsible for the deaths of dozens of LoS members and even Dent. So I don't think it's a "strict" rule in Nolan's films, so much as it is a "convenient" one.

I never thought of that :lol

"I won't kill this guy. . .with my sword. Instead, I'll set this whole ****ing building on fire and let the roof crush him or something."

Bruce wouldn't cut the head of one thief but he would burn a dozen League of Shadows members :rotfl:rotfl

That always felt stupid to me.

FFS, They tapped a hook into the wall to lower everyone who missed the jump. Couldn't they put a few more hooks in the wall and rope climb out?

Or how about getting a halfway decent plank of wood the lay accross the two leaping stones?

Bruce wouldn't cut the head of one thief but he would burn a dozen League of Shadows members :rotfl:rotfl

That always felt stupid to me.

FFS, They tapped a hook into the wall to lower everyone who missed the jump. Couldn't they put a few more hooks in the wall and rope climb out?

Or how about getting a halfway decent plank of wood the lay accross the two leaping stones?

Remember, guys. This is a more cerebral movie. You're not supposed to think about it. :lecture:lecture:lecture:exactly:

How did they fix Bruce's back? They looped a rope around him and hung him from the ceiling by - a hook.

They had hardware and resources down there. It's implausible they weren't working on ways to climb out that didn't involve chanting and leaps of faith.

How did they fix Bruce's back? They looped a rope around him and hung him from the ceiling by - a hook.

They had hardware and resources down there. It's implausible they weren't working on ways to climb out that didn't involve chanting and leaps of faith.

They hung him by a rope and socked the disc back into place. Realistically, it would've been months before the spine and nerves healed if at all, not 10-20 days. And that's not even dealing with the months of rehab needed afterward. :lol

They hung him by a rope and socked the disc back into place. Realistically, it would've been months before the spine and nerves healed if at all, not 10-20 days. And that's not even dealing with the months of rehab needed afterward. :lol

It takes a normal person months. For Batman, it takes a crack of the spine and a minute to walk-it-off.

SnakeDoc

Agreed about the healing time. I'm talking strictly about the fact they seemed to have everything they needed down there to escape. The only reason they didn't is because Goyer said so.

So you obviously missed the point of the post. Everything you say here is based on an assumption. It's all information you are trying to justify with yourself to make sense of why you don't like a certain aspect of the film. I'm saying it's just as easy to assume the other way and say that while laying in the hospital bed high on pain meds looking out of one eye at a man wearing a ski mask, which we'll also assume is this one...
2uyqgye.jpg

...there is a very real possibility he would have had no earthly idea that Batman and Bruce were the same. I don't know about you but I can't see anything behind that mask that would let me know who he was.

It loses no charm when you understand that Batman is whatever anyone writing him wants him to be. There are absolutely issues with the film, but none of them should involve assumption based critiques, or completely false information.

What I found incredibly stupid about Nolan and Bruce secret identity is that Bruce is gone for years and is even declared dead. Then all of the sudden he comes back from the dead in Begins and then all of the sudden at this exact time this mysterious Batman figure appears with high tech gadgets and a freaking Tumbler.....

Anyone paying attention to the freaking newspaper would have made the connection. Even if people didn't think Bruce was Batman they would have at least think he was connected to it.

seriously. Bruce comes back and at the same time Batman appears. How didn't EVERYONE knew who he was? :slap

It takes a normal person months. For Batman, it takes a crack of the spine and a minute to walk-it-off.

SnakeDoc

It took the uber fit Bruce Lee a full year to recover from a similar injury. I'm just further showing how silly the notion of using the term "grounded in reality" is. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back