The Dark Knight Rises *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By that vein, I wouldn't hold her any lower than Joker or Scarecrow from the films, given she actually accomplished more than either.

Can't say I agree. Lamest villain of this series and IMO one of the lame things about this last movie.

But as a viewer you haven't invested anything into her as a villain. You've spent the whole thing focussed on Bane whose been built up rather convincingly as an invincible beast....and then she takes over. As a viewer I thought 'wait....no, I don't care about you, Bane is the big bad dammit!!'

Pretty much. You could tell something was coming with her character which I guess I found lame. Her character seemed too good to be honest and then they use her to totally denut Bane.

Hrm...

Ra's
Joker
Bane
Talia
Scarecrow
Two-Face
Falcone
Maroni

Talia is awesome. I was so happy she showed up. I'd given up hope that Miranda was her by that point of the film. And like Void said, with repeated viewings and KNOWING she's a villain, her words and actions are all villainous.

I also don't see Bane as a weak thug in her employ or whipped lover boy. He was the mastermind of the whole scheme. Of course it was Talia's desire to destroy Gotham and make Bruce suffer, but Bane was the one to do both of those things. I also love the way Bane dies. It took giant guns from the Batpod to take him down. Batman defeated him, Talia's reveal is the only thing that made him get back on his feet to try to kill Batman again. Also, Catwoman owed him for saving her life earlier.

How did Scarecrow or Joker accomplish more than Talia? :dunno

Scarecrow and her are close I suppose. He was the one who helped set up ra's attempt at the end. As far as the joker I don't think it's close at all. He united the mob bosses, created anarchy in Gotham, and destroyed Harvey Dent/Batman. That IMO is a lot more than talia. Bane does all her dirty work.

Scarecrow and her are close I suppose. He was the one who helped set up ra's attempt at the end. As far as the joker I don't think it's close at all. He united the mob bosses, created anarchy in Gotham, and destroyed Harvey Dent/Batman. That IMO is a lot more than talia. Bane does all her dirty work.

She convinced Ducard to go back to the prison and rescue Bane, so anything Bane did, ultimately, she's responsible for since she created him. I can understand not liking her because it discredits Bane's origin, but you have to give credit where it's due. :lol

She convinced Ducard to go back to the prison and rescue Bane, so anything Bane did, ultimately, she's responsible for since she created him. I can understand not liking her because it discredits Bane's origin, but you have to give credit where it's due. :lol

She really was an excellent surprise villain. One that held a ton of influence and power, that's forsure.

It's just her death though, damn if her death wasn't some corny SNL ____ right there :lol

This is inspirational!

As far as acting goes, Coulson gave better death.

As far as story goes, Coulson wins again at the emotional level.

We knew him longer (multiple films) and he wasn't on a suicide mission.

Talia we knew as a villain for only 10 minutes, and she wanted to die.

Coulson 1
Talia 0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back