The Dark Knight On DVD Dec. 9th 2008!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's just for an academy push.

I say the re-release in Imax next Januar is a academy push, usually movies that will get award come out after the academy bull^^^^ (like any sane person gives a dead baby joke about that tiny fake statue), like the lord of the rings dvd...it has "won several oscars" printed on the front.
But anyway, BR Joker AND DvD out on December, whoho.

I say the re-release in Imax next Januar is a academy push, usually movies that will get award come out after the academy bull^^^^ (like any sane person gives a dead baby joke about that tiny fake statue), like the lord of the rings dvd...it has "won several oscars" printed on the front.
But anyway, BR Joker AND DvD out on December, whoho.

And I got to hold one of those Oscars from LOTR :D:D:D

The entire Batman anthology is suppose to be released on blu-ray this holiday season as well.

why bother??? so you can see before and after when you get great actors and director???

~~~and yes i can't wait to get this in blu ray. by then i should have my 7.1 system finished and ready to go. the neighbor already hates my system now, can't wait until after i set up the last set of speakers.

why bother??? so you can see before and after when you get great actors and director???

~~~and yes i can't wait to get this in blu ray. by then i should have my 7.1 system finished and ready to go. the neighbor already hates my system now, can't wait until after i set up the last set of speakers.

Batman, Batman Returns, and Batman Forever are all great flicks. I can't say the same for Batman & Robin. But any self respecting Batman fan needs to own them all on blu-ray.

I also liked Forever, it was a great comedy flick but the 4th went to far...^^^^ like that does not work with Batman, maybe with Superman or with somebody who´s career can be destroyed, like say Flash.

cant wait! I love that warner brothers is re releasing the film in IMAX theaters around that time, hopefully that will ensure it the oscar nominations it deserves.

This thread was as close to a movie-dedicated thread as I could find. I just watched TDK all the way through for the first time. I watched it partially on the Blu-Ray DVD at home, but loaded the digital copy on to my laptop and watched all the way through in my motel room here in Phoenix where I am working.

At first, I thought I was getting in to just another action-packed Superhero movie, and I was good with that, even though I am not a huge DC fan (Make Mine Marvel). I had a few problems with some of the effects, Dent's disfigured face, the Bat Missle turning around on the wall...a few others. And I was moderately impressed with Bale's Batman. He did a good job in this movie. Much better than he did in BB. And that was a good portrayal.

And the plot twists took a simple story line and added so much color and depth to it that they would have improved the stories of the very best movies ever made. They almost completely masked the unavoidable cliches throughout the film such as Gotham's White Knight this and testosterone laden jealousy that, bad cops and good criminals. Damsels in distress and the hero in near-defeat just before winning the day. All very well-done in this movie, but cliches nontheless.

But Heath Ledgers' Joker.

Words to describe how much I enjoyed that performance fail me.

There's an influx of dark knight dvds at the local dvs stores here. There are three version of the dvds, all double disc formats.

The first one set comes with a free batpod.

The second version comes with a dvd casing in the shape of Batman cowl. .

The third one is the normal boxset. Comes with two covers tho, Batman and Joker.

However, the blue ray version is in the normal blue casing tho. Nothing special.

got the bluray last week, last copy at my shop, right at the back lol typical luck for me.
LOVE it, seen it twice at the movies, and nothing will compare to that 1st time i saw it, but MAN it looks sweet in full hd. crazy nice :D

Soooooo dissappointed after watching all the special feautures, not ONE single interview with Heath, Bale, anyone. What a waste, showing those poor gotham news things. The stunt sequences etc were good, but honestly, not 1 proper interview, or basic sitdown with ANY actors? I was really hanging to see a Heath interview, that blows!

Wow, got this DVD for Christmas.

I have to say, this is probably the worst DVD release I've ever gotten. Do we really need an anti-smoking ad before the movie?

And wow, what a lack of special features, only about 30 minutes of useful stuff. The IMAX footage was completely useless (this is standard definition format, doesn't make it any better).

I can't see how they won't be doing an extra special edition of this later on. This is so disappointing.

You got an anti-smoking announcement before hand ?

Who gave it Rachel Dawes :lol
ash.jpg

WRONG!

Back