The Cheap-O Customizer Thread! Post your under $100 customs!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Custom Avengers crew.
Only Cap cost more than $100(And only due to the Rescue headsculpt).
The rest all cost less than $80 each.

IMG_4712.jpg

This is so cool :clap

Smallville Clark Kent
-Body (TTM19) - $35
-Jacket and Shirt Set - $30
-Shoes - $3
-Stand - $3
-Stand Decal - $6
-Headsculpt - $25
-Jeans - $2

Total: $104

Came in a bit over $100, but still not bad.

This is so cool :clap

Thanks.
I have plans to make a couch that goes across two Detolf shelves so i can display them all in less cramped circumstances.

Nice. What bodies did you use ? Would you mind sharing ? Via email or PM is fine. I didn't want to hijack the thread.

No bother. I am sure in a thread about customs, everyone will be glad to hear the ingredients.
The bodies are for the most part those $20 chinese bootleg HT bodies. Fury is on one, as are Loki, Coulson and Hawkeye.
Widow is on a HT BW body, but as i didn't actually buy her(Got the body and head free in a trade for an empty Captain America TFA helmet i made), i only paid $5 for the stand, $20 for the jumpsuit(Which i cut in half to make her leather jacket), $20 for the boots and $18 for the jeans/tank top combo).
Thor is on the skinniest body i own. It's a Sideshow Boba Fett body. I got the body, boots, jeans and shirt ina trade for some parts to someone else on the forum here, so he only really cost the $30 i paid for the bootleg Thor head.

My custom Red Skulls.
I bought the costumes for $25 apiece, leather jackets for $20 each, boots were $20 each, and heads were $30(I bought three of each head from a guy here on the forum last summer and got a stack of gloved hands with Tesseract and gun thrown in with the deal). The one with the RS head cost $100 dead, the one with the Tesseract was $80, and the Shmidt at the right hand side was $60 due to having no costume underneath the leather trenchcoat.
Bodies are $5 DID bodies from the WWI German Infantryman body that came with the Michael Fassbender head.

IMG_3947.jpg

Se7en Detective Mills
-Head sculpt - £16.60
-Body - £0
-Shirt, Vest & Trousers - £14.72
-Shoes & Belt - £10.88
-Black Jacket - £7.67 (On its way)
-Stand - £5.44
-Stand Decal - £3.84 (On its way)
-Gun - £5.76
-Hand bandage, blood on face & box all done by myself - £0

Total - £64.91 = $101.53

$1.53 over! :slap:horror

Last edited:

Se7en Detective Mills
-Head sculpt - £16.60
-Body - £0
-Shirt, Vest & Trousers - £14.72
-Shoes & Belt - £10.88
-Black Jacket - £7.67 (On its way)
-Stand - £5.44
-Stand Decal - £3.84 (On its way)
-Gun - £5.76
-Hand bandage, blood on face & box all done by myself - £0

Total - £64.91 = $101.53

$1.53 over! :slap:horror

Bargain looks great.
Nice head sculpt have you a link for it?

Ya know a stand decal isn't really necessary , so if you remove that you are healthily under $100 :lol

I've been thinking about doing a Dude in this style.

5ouxMCZ.jpg

Shouldn't be too hard, but the head is going to be pricey unless I do my own.

Yeah, I think the most affordable Dude head is from Rocco... but not quite right for that look. Then you have the Rainman ones which aren't too bad if you get it on a restock, but after they sell out the price becomes about $100 :lol

@Galactiboy Wouldn't that be cheating? :rotfl

Nah, probably 1/2 the collectors never bother with a stand... I'd say anything necessary to the figure like accessories, clothing, etc. should be calculated. But a stand is generally a secondary item. Just my thoughts on it; but I respect you trying to keep it honest although you'll never make it in politics :lecture

Exactly. I may just take a shot at it myself, if the eyes don't come out, hide them with the glasses. Everything out should be Ken clothes. :rotfl

Yeah, but 50 bones+the cost of getting a sculpt like that painted professionally is too much for me to rationalize. The whole reason I kicked this idea of is because I don't have that much to spend. So for my purposes, my sculpt should do okay.

2013-08-19%2000.30.17.jpg

Last edited:
Here's another under $100 custom: Anakin Skywalker from the final scene of ROTJ. Or as he's affectionately know; Old mAnakin.

anakinb.jpg

anakine.jpg

Recipe and Cost:
$10 Hasbro Masterpiece Anakin sculpt repainted and clothes altered
$20 Sideshow Qui Gon Jinn Outer Robe and Boots
$12 Sideshow Pro 1.1 Body
$5 Misc. craft supplies for the belt
$47 Total

No bother. I am sure in a thread about customs, everyone will be glad to hear the ingredients.
The bodies are for the most part those $20 chinese bootleg HT bodies. Fury is on one, as are Loki, Coulson and Hawkeye.
Widow is on a HT BW body, but as i didn't actually buy her(Got the body and head free in a trade for an empty Captain America TFA helmet i made), i only paid $5 for the stand, $20 for the jumpsuit(Which i cut in half to make her leather jacket), $20 for the boots and $18 for the jeans/tank top combo).
Thor is on the skinniest body i own. It's a Sideshow Boba Fett body. I got the body, boots, jeans and shirt ina trade for some parts to someone else on the forum here, so he only really cost the $30 i paid for the bootleg Thor head.

Great group!!

What suit is Loki wearing?

Back