The "All things TERMINATOR" thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Young John McClane will be played by an 18 year old girl. :rock

Wait so you’re saying....

A80752BA-D86B-49E3-A8A9-A60014A7CE8A.jpeg

Dear God, they're going with the aging T-800 angle again. C'mon Josh Friedman, save us! :gah:

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/n...ifferent-in-new-film-than-in-genisys#/slide/1

wasn't Arnie supposed to play the human which is made into the prototype model 101 for the T800 in this new movie? That's an easy way to work around him, and he doesn't have to be a 'Terminator', could be some old human who's been SKynet's boy toy all these years after being made into the first model 101.

Arnold better really cut loose in the new movie since the RO Vader sequence officially dethroned the T1 police station as the most badass slaughter in cinema history (can I get an "amen" EVILFACE?) :duff

The Vader part was badass and all but it's just a really cool crowd pleasing scene if I'm being real.

It doesn't even come close to the T-800 mowing down waves after waves of cops -- very few sequences have come close to encapsulating the sheer sense of dread, terror and brutality on display here.

The Vader part was badass and all but it's just a really cool crowd pleasing scene if I'm being real.

It doesn't even come close to the T-800 mowing down waves after waves of cops -- very few sequences have come close to encapsulating the sheer sense of dread, terror and brutality on display here.

Oh I was just messing with EVILFACE. I didn't really expect people in a Terminator thread to concede that the Vader sequence was better even though it was.

:duff

Don't forget the "I'll be Back" line. Iconic.

Yeah no sorry but Vader > Terminator.

Vader will always remain # 1 on the villain charts and polls.

Terminator doesn’t even come 2nd, 3rd, 4th or 5th, those spots permanently belong to the Wicked Witch of the West, Tarkin, OT Palpatine and Hans lol.

Well that's just silly, lol.

Not really. It was an all time great performance in a very iconic film. All his scenes are memorable or iconic.

IMO, he's the greatest villain ever. Even Ledger's Joker was influenced by Lecter....but he's not as good.

I do think the sequels detract from the original Silence of the Lambs movie, which is the film that gave him the status as the greatest film villain, according to the 1997 AFI list. Vader was #3. I do wonder where Ledger's Joker would rank in an updated list, unless they make a 21 century list, since the original list focuses on the 20th century.

this film will be made with Cameron's name attached but having another aged T 800.....just going to flop like TG but we'll see...Cameron has a way at creating monster hits

Not really. It was an all time great performance in a very iconic film. All his scenes are memorable or iconic.

IMO, he's the greatest villain ever. Even Ledger's Joker was influenced by Lecter....but he's not as good.

Such lists are highly subjective obviously and every person just has to decide for themselves who they like the best but even with that said it's easy to dismiss Lecter next to Vader.

For one Silence of the Lambs was good but it wasn't Star Wars. Nor The Empire Strikes Back. Lecter doesn't have as many memorable lines. Or as visually striking an appearance. Vader wasn't just a one and done either, he delivered the goods in not one, not two, but now three separate films. Even if you want to rate them on shock value Vader wins that too with his ESB revelation, often cited as one of if not *the* most shocking twist in the history of cinema.

I'm not saying that that makes you wrong as you obviously get to like whoever resonates the most for you personally, but I'm not sure that Lecter would even make my Top 5.

Last edited:
For one Silence of the Lambs was good but it wasn't Star Wars. Nor The Empire Strikes Back.

Lambs is one of the greatest films ever, as well as popular. It won the Oscar for best picture, actor, actress, director, and screenplay. It's considered culturally, historically or aesthetically significant by the U.S. Library of Congress and was selected to be preserved in the National Film Registry. Not that RT matters to you, but it does have a higher score than ESB and SW...then again so does The Godfather, another film that isn't as popular as SW.

Lecter doesn't have as many memorable lines. Or as visually striking an appearance. Vader wasn't just a one and done either, he delivered the goods in not one, not two, but now three separate films.

Lecter does have one of the most famous lines in movie history as well as sequences to go along with the line. He's also visually striking...in the real world. There are countless Hannibal Lector rip offs in the 90's and Lecter with a straight jacket on the dolly with the mask, Hannibal wearing white in his cage, or him in the glass cell are some of the most striking images that movies and characters like Joker, Silva (specter), Loki, Magneto, Killer Croc in Suicide Squad, Keaton in Desperate Measures, Seven, and countless other movies have copied.

I'm not saying that that makes you wrong as you obviously get to like whoever resonates the most for you personally, but I'm not sure that Lecter would even make my Top 5.

My top 5 at the moment goes like this.

1. Hannibal
2. Michael Corleone
3. The Joker (Ledger)
4. Norman Bates
5. Daniel Plainview

Actually, Hannibal Lecter is the AFI top villain. :nana:

Vader can choke himself while he cries about Padme.

Vader > Terminator > Hannibal

I mean if the freaking Terminator isn’t better than Vader there is no way in hell Hannibal will be.

Just the mere thought of Hannibal being considered > Vader is laughable.

Watch me laugh now :lol

Last edited:
Back