Terminator 1 Premium Format

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After hearing that I should use baby powder, I responded that I would like a refund, and was told that they are investigating my request and will have to wait 2-3 more days. We'll see, but I feel we should be able to return this due to manufacturing defects such as this, even if it doesn't manifest itself until after 30 days.

I put mine back in the box because I'm moving, but I'm worried it's going to stick to the soft foam sheets in the meantime. That should have been our first indicator. Didn't a lot of people have foam stuck in the back of the jacket when they first took them out?

I put mine back in the box because I'm moving, but I'm worried it's going to stick to the soft foam sheets in the meantime. That should have been our first indicator. Didn't a lot of people have foam stuck in the back of the jacket when they first took them out?

Maybe try wrapping it in cling film before you put it in the box.

So I heard back from Sideshow, and they will allow me to return this, but I will be responsible for the shipping cost back to them. Seems a bit wrong considering this was their fault from a QC perspective, and this problem wasn't evident until after 30 days, but better than just being SOL.

They also called the refund a "courtesy," as if the fact that this QC issue didn't manifest itself right away means they aren't really liable, and I should be grateful that they are allowing me to return it at all. That rubbed me the wrong way. . .

Last edited:
Man, I really wish I could convince myself to keep it. But I just can't take the risk that it becomes a mess down the road with paint rubbing off onto the jacket. The baby powder option is a bit much to try and stave that off. The black fabric option is a good one IMO, but I just don't wanna take chances at this point. If we see this after only a few months, I can only imagine it's gonna get worse down the road.

Man, I really wish I could convince myself to keep it. But I just can't take the risk that it becomes a mess down the road with paint rubbing off onto the jacket. The baby powder option is a bit much to try and stave that off. The black fabric option is a good one IMO, but I just don't wanna take chances at this point. If we see this after only a few months, I can only imagine it's gonna get worse down the road.

Do you see yourself ever selling it in the secondary market? That would be my only issue. I don't ever see myself selling this fantastic statue, so I'm fine with a paint defect that ill never see when its displayed. Truthfully I'd rather have this statue in my collection with a defect than not at all. Really sucks Sideshow is making you pay shipping. Its not an isolated incident, so they SHOULD be responsible for it.

Got the same email. I told them they are a s*** company and thanks for dragging it on only to tell me I have to pay to ship it back and lose my points. Disgusting.

Well seeing as their defect took more then 30 days to show up,it's wrong to have to pay for shipping. I have 5 statues on preorder right now but this issue is making me think twice.Im not real picky when it comes to defects but not allowing the paint to touch the clothing on a statue is a pretty big one.

Losing the points is completely understandable to me. I don't see why I would keep rewards points for something I got refunded for. But yeah, it's their fault, so it seems like it should be their responsibility. It's not like I'm one of the guys demanding an NRD back because I changed my mind. That is a situation where you only get refunded the NRD as a "courtesy." This is something they should be fully obligated to do IMO.

I dunno. Maybe I'm going a bit overboard about this, but I've always appreciated Sideshow for their superior, and fair customer service record, so this really flies against my expectations in this regard. I don't know if they're just going this route because they want folks to decide against sending it back, or if they really just don't believe they are at fault here, but in either case I don't agree with their perspective.

Do you see yourself ever selling it in the secondary market? That would be my only issue. I don't ever see myself selling this fantastic statue, so I'm fine with a paint defect that ill never see when its displayed. Truthfully I'd rather have this statue in my collection with a defect than not at all. Really sucks Sideshow is making you pay shipping. Its not an isolated incident, so they SHOULD be responsible for it.
This is one statue that I would not see myself selling, because Terminator is one of my favorite films and this statue is of one of my favorite characters, done very well from a design and execution standpoint (sans the QC problem). But there is no guarantee that you won't see the issue while it is on display from certain angles, or if you want to change how the collar is futzed. And even if you don't see it, I'm not keen on having a piece with paint coming off where it isn't supposed to, though that may be an OCD-type problem from my end. HT rubber deteriorating 5-10 years down the road I can accept. Paint sticking to and coming off on the jacket after a few months I really can't.

This Statue is really awesome ........for miner paint prob we can solve it using cotton

I did mean the points I earned. I mean it's a bit it of a bloody inconvenience. Stinjy bastards could at least let me keep the points. All pre orders with them are cancelled (didnt have any).

Well again my main quibble is that none of this is our fault. This was a QC issue due to the interaction between paint and jacket material, that took awhile to materialize. Thus, it is Sideshow's responsibility to make right IMO, even though the 30 days have passed. The way the e-mail read was that they were essentially doing us a favor by allowing us to return it for a refund (and making us eat return shipping costs), while I don't view it that way. If I failed to notice a defect that was originally there within 30 days, and then wanted to return it, and if they allowed me to do so after the 30 day period, then sure, it would be only as a courtesy that they would allow me to do that. This isn't the case here.

Back