Tamashii Movie Realization Star Wars

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now is definitely the chance to get them. We are not sure if there will be a third release after this one.

I made a wired cape for my Vader, it's not perfect and it's my first time to actually do one but it really looks more nasty and badass and I like it.

No one survives!!!

holy crap, that last photo CRUSHES IT. looks amazing. I also think V1 vader is the better version to go. I like that it looks more realistic. The seppuku blade for me is more cooler than a lightsaber hilt because honestly I like the idea more that it's a red blade katana than it is a katana shaped lightsaber. I don't want it to pull that far away from realistic samurai gear*... it should be samurais that look like star wars characters IMHO. V1 takes it for that reason. :)

***blasters omitted of course

The LOTR Mouth of Sauron horse works great with Vader:

17111480601_2366592831_o.jpg

Thanks guys!

@JCFETT - I couldn't agree more. The red katana could be a blood sword of some sort, the first version is the Vader for me as well.

@kevchan1103 - Nice photo and finally someone who have that horse used for a figure in this line. Thanks for sharing, I've been looking for that horse for some time now it's a bit pricey on ebay. Just glad that the scale is perfect for this line.

Amiami now closed on Vader 2.0 and Stormy second wave.

I must have got one of the last Vader 2.0's. Was worried they might have oversold over the break but he's paid for and ready to ship.

Nice shots raiyuri (nice cape too) and kevchan1103!!!

Drummer now up for preorder at thetoysource.com

Also, looks like that overpriced 'Hong Kong' version on BBTS doesn't exist anymore.:dunno

Finally got my Vader 2.0 delivered from Amiami this morning. As good as they look in pictures, they are so much nicer in hand. Glad I decided to get this since I have the 1st version as well. Hard to say which I think is better. I like different details on both. So far I have both Vaders, Stormtooper and Fett. I want the Royal Guard but hurts to have to pay so much after what I paid for the other 4 figures, and would like to get that spearman Stormtrooper. Hopefully he's not an "exclusive". For me I think that would be it other than maybe Jango... Originally all I wanted was Vader :lol If they do start making versions of non armored characters I'll have to try to ignore them... :cuckoo:

I received my Vader 2.0 today. I won't go into great detail on this figure as others have covered that pretty well already. Instead I just want to focus on my impressions of the difference between the original version and this new version.

Head

The facemask on the new version is in my opinion superior. However the skirt on the original flares out more and looks much better. At this point the head crest is a matter of opinion. Some like the larger Death Star, I think it looks a little ridiculous. It's not the size, it's more the size combined with the shape. To me it looks like a big round shield. I feel it would be much improved if the top part closing the circle were removed to shape it more like horns. But that would probably detract from the image of the Death Star. As such I prefer the smaller imperial cog. Weighing all that up, I'll stick with the original head.

Chest

The chest of the original looks more like ceremonial amour, where as the new one is very Geiger-esk with the bone like structure. The waist is virtually identical. The belt looks a little better on the new version, but loses the Tanto. Overall, I prefer the original ceremonial look with the Tanto.

Arms

The arms are identical with the exception the new version replaces half the right arm with a mechanical arm. It does feel a little more terminator than Star Wars but I think it looks fantastic and much prefer the new versions arms.

Legs

Appear Identical, however the skirt on each bears either the imperial cog or the Death Star symbol depending on which version you have. While I don't like the Death Star on the head dress, I do like it very much on the skirt.

Accessories

Both come with lit and unlit lightsabres. The difference being the first looks more like a squared off version of Vaders movie sabre with the second release having a much greater Japanese flavor with rayskin and a curved hilt. The second release also comes with a regular Katana and sheath to make up for the lack of a Tanto at the waist. You could take or leave the extra Katana, but the 2.0 Sabre is the clear winner here.

Finish

Surprisingly the finish on the original is in my opinion the winner here. As you can see in my second pic, the colors really pop against the black armor. The 2.0 paint scheme has used a more dark and earthy red instead of the original releases purple which unfortunately doesn't have the same effect and gets a little lost in the black in comparison.

Overall, on balance, I prefer the original. That said I have mixed and matched where possible and created my own Frankenstein version using what I think is the best of both. The only exceptions being I can't get the 2.0 face mask on the original head and while I prefer the Death Star logo on the leg skirts, I think it looks a little weird without the matching head dress. I might change my mind on that and swap the leg skirts still though.

0e17c48877c76cd9c38741f87779c505_zpsqm7r2jhm.jpg

06997fb01500a277892873da0823a924_zpsbomamx6y.jpg

Great post momaw. I agree almost 100% with your comparisons and conclusion. Both are great though!! So no worries to anyone that missed out on the original. When I eventually display them I figure I'll put the original v1 with 2 Stormtroopers, the original and I'd like to get the spearman which has the matching Imperial symbol on the flag and his chest which match Vader, and display v2 with Fett and the Royal Guard, if I can convince myself to pick him up. :)

Nice Job Momaw. Don't forget the gold trim on the skirt of the original, I think this looks nicer. Overall I think V1 is the winner, the only thing I would think is worth changing is swapping the sabers. The ray skin is such a nice touch and it just looks oveall more detailed in a samurai decorative way. I prefer the consistent hands on V1 and the tanto as well. Double katanas I feel is not the vader way. Still cool though, both figures rock. V1 for me.

Thanks all.

While V1 is my choice you can't go wrong with either and if you have both, well all the more display options. This line is simply stunning. If only they'd give the exclusive releases a rest.

My most wanted figure in this line now is an emporer/shogun. With the troopers released and forthcoming and the royal guard, he is the next logical step. Although I note there hasn't even been concept art for him yet. I hope he's a more deluxe figure and comes with a seat. I can actually see them making a seated version exclusive and a non-seated mass release.

Back