takara indy

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nothing can justify a toy being priced at 400.

I agree. I just cannot bring myself to say any 1:6th scale figure will be worth $400 unless it really comes with everything Indy touches or looks at along the way. They also better be made out of the real materials like leather, metal, stone, etc.

The thing is, WE DON'T KNOW WHAT THIS IS YET... so any definitive statement on the price is a bit premature.

Well, when you posted this you where correct in not knowing exactly what it was. However, we are just speculating on what it was for the price so there's nothing wrong with that.

I agree 400 is super extreme but depending on what was included and the materials used it could possibly justify that cost IMO. Certainly handmade OOAK custom pieces have topped well over 400, justifiably in many cases. Hell they've made a jewel encrusted solid gold Monopoly board. I'd never buy it but I could understand why it was priced the way it was.

As I stated above if they used all real materials not similar type things then yeah I could see the money.

You don't have to justify yourself or what money you spend.

Yup, no need at all. Its your money to do with it as you so choose. Just enjoy what you collect and the money will automatically be justified. :)

i'm confident for some reason that the end product will justify the $320. for me personally, and this might sound extremely crazy, it's a small step from paying $100 for the sideshow version to paying $320 for the takara one. if you're gonna pay $100 for a doll, you might as well go completely nuts and pay $320 for a doll that you know is gonna be quality. is it worth 3 times as much? that's about the most subjective question you can ask. ok, price of materials and stuff is comparable. but it's value for me is squarely based on how much i like it more than the other versions on the market.

let's face it - most normal people already think we should be in a loony bin for being in this hobby. i wanna give them a reason to throw away the key.

I say, if it is something you like, enjoy and want, then it doesn't really matter, as long as you can afford to buy it. People are paying a lot more than $400 for a HT Hicks, what's the difference??? :confused: Just because it is now sold out? Doesn't matter! Buy what you like and don't worry what others say or think.

you sure Catwoman is gonna be different than the 1st version? because from this pic posted it looks just like the 1st release . plus it would make sense since the rereleased Bats.

takara1yj3.jpg

I'm a little confused now, 'cause I bought a Takara Catwoman figure that was being sold right next to the first edition Tak Bats, and she didn't look anything like the one in the pic. Her costume was all black and she came with extra hands with claws, and a whip.

Edit: Okay, I haven't actually looked at the figure for over a year, and now that I've thought about it some, she does kinda resemble the one in the pic, but her costume was definitely black. So I guess it does look like they are going to re-release her. Any Catwoman fans who missed out the first time ought to snag one this time around, it's probably one of the best Cat figures out there, imho.

Last edited:
i'm confident for some reason that the end product will justify the $320. for me personally, and this might sound extremely crazy, it's a small step from paying $100 for the sideshow version to paying $320 for the takara one. if you're gonna pay $100 for a doll, you might as well go completely nuts and pay $320 for a doll that you know is gonna be quality. is it worth 3 times as much? that's about the most subjective question you can ask. ok, price of materials and stuff is comparable. but it's value for me is squarely based on how much i like it more than the other versions on the market.

let's face it - most normal people already think we should be in a loony bin for being in this hobby. i wanna give them a reason to throw away the key.

100% agreed!
I personally have spent more than that on a single figure(rare)

I was once was offered to buy a rare original HANDMADE action figure(by a famous artist) $1000+ at the time, I thought the offer was INSANE for any figure, but looking back, I should have bought it! It's probably worth a lot more now.

I'm a little confused now, 'cause I bought a Takara Catwoman figure that was being sold right next to the first edition Tak Bats, and she didn't look anything like the one in the pic. Her costume was all black and she came with extra hands with claws, and a whip.

If the one in the article has already been released, then I guess it must've been a "comic" version, too. Anyway, it's a different version than the one I have. I still have her in a closet somewhere... I'll try to dig her out and post some pics in a day or two and see if anyone else has seen it before.

It could be possible that this is a re release of the one you have except for the fact that they will change the color of her costume. Maybe this color change is what is prompting them to title it "COMIC" version. So in a sense this isnt really a re-release but rather a variant.

Well, I just ran a search on Rakuten's site for Indy Jones. They had lots of Indy stuff, but no sign of a Takara version or anything else in the same price range except the Medicom Indy. Any chance one of you guys who preordered could provide a little more information on where you managed to find it? Thanks! :D

If you think it will be worth it then go for it! Anyone that wants to pass judgment needs to look at what they spend on the little things in life that matter as much as our toys. I recently paid a little over $200 for PZ. 2 me it was well worth it and I got a steal on a figure I really wanted. So I totally see where you're coming from. 4 me personally the SS version will be very hard to beat especially for the price but I do get what you're saying and I figure most people that buy this will be happy.

Well, I just ran a search on Rakuten's site for Indy Jones. They had lots of Indy stuff, but no sign of a Takara version or anything else in the same price range except the Medicom Indy. Any chance one of you guys who preordered could provide a little more information on where you managed to find it? Thanks! :D

try this page:

https://esearch.rakuten.co.jp/rms/s...A5%A3%A1%A6%A5%B8%A5%E7%A1%BC%A5%F3%A5%BA&x=0

it's the 6th and 8th listing down. so far i can only find 2. no pictures in either though.

100% agreed!
I personally have spent more than that on a single figure(rare)

I was once was offered to buy a rare original HANDMADE action figure(by a famous artist) $1000+ at the time, I thought the offer was INSANE for any figure, but looking back, I should have bought it! It's probably worth a lot more now.

mindbook, if you ever put your stuff on eBay, i can see it reaching the $1000 sale mark, espeicially the last samurai, dead man and leon ones. people buy abstract paintings for much more. i'd rather pay the same money for one of your figs - it's a different kind of art but one that's much more appealing to me.

Thanks, man! I must have gotten onto a different set of listings. I hope some more news (and PICS, gotta have some PICS!) of this figure are available soon. :cool:

Edit: Okay, I haven't actually looked at the figure for over a year, and now that I've thought about it some, she does kinda resemble the one in the pic, but her costume was definitely black. So I guess it does look like they are going to re-release her. Any Catwoman fans who missed out the first time ought to snag one this time around, it's probably one of the best Cat figures out there, imho.

yeah i have the same one as you. suits all black. the suit in that newest pic started out as black in that pic too. looks like someone printed the photo out weird. oh and the 1st release WAS based on a comic version, the version that was current at the time. plus the only comic version in purple is drastically different from those pics

if u look at the links i gave in post #60 u'll see that those production pics of the 1st release match the pic in this newest add the one w/ Tak Indy and CG13). the 1st link is from Toys2 and is the exact pic in this new add and the HLJ pic shows the same pose but w/ mask up. they're the same pics only this newest one looks purpleish but pretty sure it's just how the photo printed out. i know i accidentally mess up the color on pics in my photo program.

Last edited:
i have to agree with mookeylama. if the product was just going to be a rerelease why not just put the picture up as is? i don't think they'd have bothered with the "this is not the actual product" sign? i think we'll see substantial changes in the comic version.

Rest assured guys Hot Toys is on it. This is too huge of a license to ignore. Seeing as Takara and Medicom are on it, I can't see why Hot Toys won't follow suit!

I don't know why but I don't care if they do honestly. Jack was pretty cool but a let down and Swann was better but just didn't WOW me either. I have higher hopes for Jones but I don't expect Will to be any better than Jack or Swann. So if they did Indy I'd expect to probably overpay a little for something that just doesn't blow me away.

Back